The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy King should be fired everytime Dame does what Dame does.

Just clutch!

Last edited:
Man you guys love box score stats,and points per game.

Let me help you out.

Korver shooting has a greater impact on a teams defensive game planning than any SG other than Harden/Klay/Jimmy and maaaaybe Monta (I would say monta is more a product of the system and many other gaurds coulld have done what he did in that offence). He's shooting 50% from 3, that has to be account for in a way guys who dribble a lot and make fancy plays don't.

He has the highest gravity effect in the league other than Steph Curry,meaning teams pay more attention to him and devote more resources to stopping him than 90% 2 gaurds.

Zach Lowe had an excellent colunm about this before the season.

“gravity score,” measures how often defenders are really guarding a particular player away from the ball. Korver had the fourth-highest score, behind only Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Paul George. The second — “distraction score” — is a related attempt to measure how often a player’s defender strays away from him to patrol the on-ball action. Korver had the lowest such score in the league.

korver.png

i77p6qRNtcOQ2.gif

http://grantland.com/features/kyle-korver-nba-atlanta-hawks/

The attention and fear he generates is real, and wholy unique.

and while there are many volume scoring 2 guards like Demar Derozan/Joe Johnson/Monta few will actually have a drastic effect on your TEAMS offence. The Raptors offence has not missed a beat after loosing demar.

Lots of guys can score 20 ppg given enough shots, few can give 50% from and create the kind of space that Korver does.

Man you guys love box score stats,and points per game.

Let me help you out.

Korver shooting has a greater impact on a teams defensive game planning than any SG other than Harden/Klay/Jimmy and maaaaybe Monta (I would say monta is more a product of the system and many other gaurds coulld have done what he did in that offence). He's shooting 50% from 3, that has to be account for in a way guys who dribble a lot and make fancy plays don't.

He has the highest gravity effect in the league other than Steph Curry,meaning teams pay more attention to him and devote more resources to stopping him than 90% 2 gaurds.

Zach Lowe had an excellent colunm about this before the season.
korver.png

i77p6qRNtcOQ2.gif

http://grantland.com/features/kyle-korver-nba-atlanta-hawks/

The attention and fear he generates is real, and wholy unique.

and while there are many volume scoring 2 guards like Demar Derozan/Joe Johnson/Monta few will actually have a drastic effect on your TEAMS offence. The Raptors offence has not missed a beat after loosing demar.

Lots of guys can score 20 ppg given enough shots, few can give 50% from and create the kind of space that Korver does.

[emoji]128002[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]

That was a vile and ruthless 3 from Lillard :smh:

It was a fresh 24 on the shot clock and he waas still in his driveway
:smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom