The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's not a good example because Tyson/Monta got hurt but...

CP is about to prove why he's in the top 5 all time PG convo.

Tonight's not a good example because Tyson/Monta got hurt but...

CP is about to prove why he's in the top 5 all time PG convo.
pointless regular season games in feb are the only times cp0 can "prove" that he's a top 5 pg 

Timmy D been there for 928 wins :wow: :wow:

crazy how Pop & Tim have been so great for so long

Last edited:
Clips problems are worse than I thought if they can't beat a dallas team that doesn't have it all. I think they get this w for the record

Knicks need to stop kidding themselves

A team with melo is not worse than the lakers or sixers

Time to start winning man

kd the god
sick.gif

Ok I did some googles and found this. Korver and his family are some stand up guys man. Nobody gives a damn about the hood. Bruh is officially white jesus. Compton kyle

THE COMPTON INITIATIVE
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010
We have gotten a really cool opportunity later this summer. Here is an excerpt from the “story” behind our foundation, which will be up on the site soon, from Kyle.

“When I was a young boy, I watched my father start a program called Looking Good. Basically 300 volunteers set out through the city every other Saturday, cleaning up garbage, planting trees and flowers and painting over graffiti. A city was transformed. Paramount, CA went from one of the 10 worst cities in America with a population under 40,000 to a thriving city again.

We didn’t really offer that much. Helping hands, some paint brushes, a positive attitude. Really just love. But over time, not only did the city look different, it felt different. People started to take pride in themselves and in how their neighborhoods looked. An overall attitude changed. Gangs were no longer welcome, crime rates dropped.

I was a young boy, but it was engrained in my heart. When you can help, its what you do. It’s not done for reward. It’s not done because you have to. It’s not done so others can see. It’s done because you can. The golden rule: Do unto others as you would have done unto you.”

Well our uncle now runs that same program, Ken Korver, but it is called the Compton Initiative. It has grown though since when we were young. Last year there were 2,500 volunteers, that worked at 100 work sites, over 4 days. Here is a quote from their site: “In 2005 a church in Paramount had a vision of seeing healing come to its neighboring city of Compton. Paramount too has struggled in the past, but it has now been called a “beacon of light” by the President. Some of this can be attributed to the JustDoGood program. The colors at the Compton work day are not new; rather they are an overflow from the beauty and wholeness that has been brought to Paramount.”

On July 24th, the Kyle Korver Foundation is going to help out. If you have the desire to help, and aren’t from the area, donations are more than welcome. This is a huge project, and so does have significant costs. But we have personally seen the changes this program makes, and can’t wait to be apart of it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom