The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
is cp3 a generational player?

Yeah I guess it gets tricky cause then it's like.... KG? McGrady? Baron Davis prime? Allen Iverson probably was because he was playing at a different speed. Shaq was. Kobe was. I don't really know.

To me a generational are guys like Dr J, Magic,Bird,Hakeem, Jordan,Ewing, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, Durant

Then you got a class of guys like Barkley, Dirk,KG, Malone, Stockton,Robinson, Moses, T-Mac, Iverson, Wade, Kidd, Nash, Dwight were you could have an argument for

Last edited:
Orlando Dwight wasn't a once in a generation talent? That's crazy talk. 

Not saying he wasn't. He did turn that franchise around. I'm just saying that with the hate he gets these days...no one would consider him that. And prime Dwight was absolutlry better than DMC as an all around player.

To me a generational are guys like Dr J, Magic,Bird,Hakeem, Jordan,Ewing, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, Durant

Then you got a class of guys like Barkley, Dirk,KG, Malone, Stockton,Robinson, Moses, T-Mac, Iverson, Wade, Kidd, Nash, Dwight were you could have an argument for

Bingo.

Not saying he wasn't. He did turn that franchise around. I'm just saying that with the hate he gets these days...no one would consider him that. And prime Dwight was absolutlry better than DMC as an all around player.
This is just too subjective of an argument. We're talking about talent right? Not what they actually were able to accomplish? And I don't know how Ewing is a once in a generation talent if Barkley (huge dude who could move like a guard) is on the cusp. I'm basically just naming complete freak athletes that had talent you don't get to see too often. 

Prime Dwight had zero of Boogie offense repertoire you sound crazy.

Better rim protector with better coaching on a better team though.

Prime Dwight was in a situation where basically if you put him on any team with 4 three point shooters, you had a chance to make the finals. I think other than Lebron, no one would consider trading Dwight. He sorta sucks now because of the back surgeries and all the negative stigma but he was a straight from high school beast. As far as talent goes, in the last 10-15 years, I'd put Lebron at 1 and Dwight and KD at 2. 

Prime dwight was 22ppg & 14rpg 3bpg 1spg. For the little post moves he has, he scored at the end of the day and dominated defensively. Dude by himself made Orlando a top defense when they had turnstiles at almost every position.

Prime Dwight was in a situation where basically if you put him on any team with 4 three point shooters, you had a chance to make the finals. I think other than Lebron, no one would consider trading Dwight. He sorta sucks now because of the back surgeries and all the negative stigma but he was a straight from high school beast. As far as talent goes, in the last 10-15 years, I'd put Lebron at 1 and Dwight and KD at 2. 

Dwight doesn't even suck now though. 17 and 12 with elite rim protection.

it's cool to be versatile and all, but if you can get buckets with the same moves why bother. dont want my bigs to be bringing the ball up and playing in the perimeter (unless your dirk, kd, etc)

Yeah before KD's emergence..Dwight was considered untradeablr for good reason. Dude was arguably the 3rd or 4th best player behind Kobe and Bron. Him and DWade were arguable.

Last edited:
@RealGM: Rockets Expected To Pursue Jeremy Lin In Free Agency -- http://t.co/4mf3mKXBlV

:lol:

Why?

I think this is an appropriate time to post this again ---

View media item 1398807
His patches say that he's not a generational talent.

Anyone got a picture of Chris Paul's jacket?

5_1392394444_1fa6d3e86060a4ebc5f126af14a647b6.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah this is his floor. Like when everyone in the league calls you a p*ssy and doesn't like you and you've had some injuries pile up. 17 and 12 is like Marc Gasol's breakout year. So that's why I'm saying Howard on the Magic was a once in a generation talent for sure. But it is subjective. 

His suckage is a combo of back injuries + his rep to quit on teams. Like he quit on Orlando and then quit on the Lakers. 

Last edited:

I still think he's the best center in the Leage. It's an unpopular opinion but even his mediocre numbers we slander, we slurp other bugs for putting up worse numbers and somehow think Dwight should be Soo much better.

Last edited:
Isn't Dwight like an all time great for rim protection?

Dwight was a transcendent defender. If not for health problems, he had DPOY locked up for years to come. People seem to forget he dragged a team of jump shooters to the Finals. That's how good he was.

Dwight was a transcendent defender. If not for health problems, he had DPOY locked up for years to come. People seem to forget he dragged a team of jump shooters to the Finals. That's how good he was.
And he was like 24 or something absurd like that. I don't think you can compare Boogie Cousins to Howard. It's just unfortunate the way his career unfolded - and like others have said, he's still probably the best center in the league.

This dude Melo is really going to go enjoy the All Star game and play with his buddies then quit on his team the day after...

The knee is fine for playing with your super star friends in a meaningless exhibition, but the knee is too hurt to play out the games youre payed 120 million dollars to play.

Great message.

Is it dwight howard appreciation day or something?

Ima go read the adidas kanye west thread for a few laughs. Let me know when appreciation hour is over

lol I just don't like the way people forget how good some older "washed up" players were... sports media just brainwashes everyone. it's stupid. 

How good older "washed up" players were?

Dude was damn near an MVP candidate THIS season before the injuries flared up again. What are you talking about "washed up"? Why even give your time to stuff like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom