The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti you really think ppl wont post in here all all star weekend?
very true..... you a dog for that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit i see you made that chick fil a note your avy... album any good?
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
Chik Fil A Note. I like it, but I like basically all of his stuff so you gotta take what I say with a grain of salt.

Anti you really think ppl wont post in here all all star weekend?

very true..... you a dog for that :pimp: :pimp:

edit i see you made that chick fil a note your avy... album any good?
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Chik Fil A Note. I like it, but I like basically all of his stuff so you gotta take what I say with a grain of salt.

i only heard 1 song & i hated it(weird *** trying to sound like old juvi flow) but ill listen to the whole thing after wk

Last edited:
With the exception of Odom, none of those guys really have the finesse or ease with handling the ball the way guys like the Gasol's do.

And Amel you're right, Hakeem was absolutely the athletic freak, but my greater point was that he relied more on his fundamentals than his athleticism.

Not saying that those guys lack skill or talent. Of course they do. Throw Boogie Cousins in there too.

But you typically don't make it in the NBA as a foreign born player unless you're fundamentals are superb. You can't just be a good shooter if you're foreign and make it in the league and stick. Guys like Andreas Nocioni and Roddy Beaubois could score the ball a bit and shoot, but didn't stick around for too long. Meanwhile, the foreign players that have shined recently? Manu. Dragic. The Gasol's. Batum. Parker.

My case and point. Look at who was one of the most celebrated players last year on the Championship squad. Boris Diaw. Has that dude ever been in shape? :lol: . But he's just so fundamentally polished that he's extremely valuable to that Spurs team.

Hell, look at Yao, who could've just been another Shawn Bradley, but arguably was the most fundamentally sound player at his position in history not named Hakeem.
I got a little something for this.

Name the most talented big men you can think of in NBA history. Using the word you said, skillful. Versatile big men.

Guys like Marc and Pau Gasol. Vlade Divac. Dirk Nowitzki. Hakeem. Sabonis.

A large majority of the foreign-born players aren't gifted with the athletic ability that a lot of NBA players rely on, so they pound home fundamentals. Who's the most athletic foreign-born player? If they are successful, it's not because they're the fastest or most athletic. America breeds athletes.

You forget Hakeem learned his fundamentals at Houston. Dude is from Nigeria. He didn't start playing basketball til 15. And was extremely raw when he came to college, but was athletic. Same with Patrick Ewing, Duncan etc.

Look at the top bigs in the NBA today. Aldridge, Blake, Love, Bosh, Cousins, Al Jefe, Paul Milsap..AD is raw, but becoming more skilled.

All of them are very skilled bigs. It's a misconception that the American players just rely on atheticism.

Again, it's not my point to say that American bigs aren't good, aren't skilled. My point is that if you're foreign, odds are you're going to make it because you are fundamentally sound.

Last edited:
Just had a random thought. How weird would it be to see a father & son playing in the NBA together? considering lots of players have kids young, like when they're 18 to 22, it's not inconceivable.  

Again, it's not my point to say that American bigs aren't good, aren't skilled. My point is that if you're foreign, odds are you're going to make it because you are fundamentally sound.
or because if your name ends in "ic" you can shoot the rock. word to Shaq

Just had a random thought. How weird would it be to see a father & son playing in the NBA together? considering lots of players have kids young, like when they're 18 to 22, it's not inconceivable.  

Dwight could have his own team. :lol:

And Wilt? He could start his own LEAGUE with all the kids he probably had. :lol:

it doesnt matter where you are from. all these guys got access to good coaches and trainers, whether it be in europe or the states. just what these kids want to focus on. working on specific areas or all around fundamentals. sometimes they can get away with sloppy fundamentals because of pure athleticism but for the most part, the good players have a solid all around gm and are taught that growing up.

Last edited:
Bron has a chance if he can hang on till he's 40.

Wilt probably played against his own son without even knowing it.

Last edited:
Chinese ball is terrible man i've watched a pro team once they don't even play like a real basketball game it resembles pick up 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom