The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 8th seed to win a title? I'll wait

It's never happened :lol: rules out OKC :wink:

Last edited:
Atlanta building new Falcons stadium too.

Yup. Was there in December and saw all the construction around MLK and northside dr. Just looked it up, Hawks, Wizards and Grizzles are the only teams with a Majority black fan base. No coincidence those teams consistency struggle with their fan bases.

Man the city of Detroit is struggling like 90% black and built Ford Field and Comerica in the heart of Detroit and them ***** stay sold out.

Being in a predominantly black city ain't no excuse.

Last edited:
Al Horford, Josh Smith, Jeff Teague. A still good Mike Bibby. Signing a prime Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford. Lou Williams. Real good core.

Don't see how you can't support a team that goes to the playoffs and at least wins a series every other year. Other than Acie Law and Picking Marvin Williams over cp3 and Deron..... Hawks made good moves. Even Marvin Williams and Josh Childress were good role players them.

Hawks historically arent a free agency hotbed.
Josh Smith was not a good pick. Mike Bibby was way passed his prime when he got to atlanta and held Jeff Teague back. J Smith is coming off the bench now. Crawford is coming off the bench. Lou Williams is coming off the bench. Hawks signing Joe Johnson was prob the worst deal in the history of the NBA. No idea where #5 pick Sheldon Williams and #6 overall Childress even are. Al Horford and Teague only good moves.

Last edited:
Al Horford, Josh Smith, Jeff Teague. A still good Mike Bibby. Signing a prime Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford. Lou Williams. Real good core.

Don't see how you can't support a team that goes to the playoffs and at least wins a series every other year. Other than Acie Law and Picking Marvin Williams over cp3 and Deron..... Hawks made good moves. Even Marvin Williams and Josh Childress were good role players them.

Hawks historically arent a free agency hotbed.
Josh Smith was not a good pick. Mike Bibby was way passed his prime when he got to atlanta and held Jeff Teague back. J Smith is coming off the bench now. Crawford is coming off the bench. Lou Williams is coming off the bench. Hawks signing Joe Johnson was prob the worst deal in the history of the NBA. Al Horford and Teague only good moves.

How the hell was Josh Smith not a good pick?

Man given his production Josh Smith was a borderline great pick.

Da **** you talking about?

Last edited:
Josh Smith was not a good pick. Mike Bibby was way passed his prime when he got to atlanta and held Jeff Teague back. J Smith is coming off the bench now. Crawford is coming off the bench. Lou Williams is coming off the bench. Hawks signing Joe Johnson was prob the worst deal in the history of the NBA. Al Horford and Teague only good moves.

Really? Josh Smith not a good pick? You forget how good he was in ATL. 16-18ppg 8-10rpg and 2bpg and Spg. All world versatile defender. When Bibby got to the Hawks, he was averaging 15ppg. One of the best spot up shooters in the game. Teague was young, and is flourishing now so that's a good pick. Jamal came off the bench and won 6th man in ATL. The hell you talm bout lol. Lou Will was and still is one of the best 6th men out there. And Joe Johnsons first deal was a great deal..Hawks just matched the 2nd deal that the Knicks originally offered. Joe was nice in Atl.

You're kinda exposing yourself...

Weak draft. Traded to get him. Should have traded the pick all together. Picked him and Childress 17th and 6th. I'd take Trevor Ariza in that draft over Josh Smith all day. Josh Smith hindsight 20 20. Bad locker room guy. Underachiever. Should have went to college.

Last edited:

Weak draft. Traded to get him. Should have traded the pick all together. Picked him and Childress 17th and 6th. I'd take Trevor Ariza in that draft over Josh Smith all day. Josh Smith hindsight 20 20. Bad locker room guy. Underachiever. Should have went to college.

If that was a weak draft the fact that you got him at 17 is not helping your cause man.

Last edited:
Really? Josh Smith not a good pick? You forget how good he was in ATL. 16-18ppg 8-10rpg and 2bpg and Spg. All world versatile defender. When Bibby got to the Hawks, he was averaging 15ppg. One of the best spot up shooters in the game. Teague was young, and is flourishing now so that's a good pick. Jamal came off the bench and won 6th man in ATL. The hell you talm bout lol. Lou Will was and still is one of the best 6th men out there. And Joe Johnsons first deal was a great deal..Hawks just matched the 2nd deal that the Knicks originally offered. Joe was nice in Atl.

And how far did any of those teams get? We're they ever predicted to do anything? We're they ever in 1st place. We're they ever legit contenders? No.

R ryanjumpman420 Can only be like 16 or 17.

Probably just got into basketball in the last year or two.

Got 16 and 10 from the 17th pick in the draft talking about Josh Smith wasn't a good pick :lol:

Hilarious. I used to kinda like how dude went Hard for the Hawks, but it kinda seems like he is a Bandwagon fan 4real. Little context or knowledge.

I might be a truer Hawks fan than him lol.

And how far did any of those teams get? We're they ever predicted to do anything? We're they ever in 1st place. We're they ever legit contenders? No.

45-50 wins, playoffs for 7 straight years and the 2nd round isn't horrible. Many teams will kill for that consistency.

So you only mess with them now because they are contenders? Got you. I like the Hawks, but they could realistically lose in the 2nd round this year.

If Hawks weren't in first place, Horford and Teague would be bad moves then?

You lost me. 

Man I just went back and looked at that draft.

Given draft position and production given to the team that drafted them Josh Smith was the best pick in the entire first round.

Only Dwight Howard contributed more to the team that drafted him.

R ryanjumpman420 Can only be like 16 or 17.

Probably just got into basketball in the last year or two.

Got 16 and 10 from the 17th pick in the draft talking about Josh Smith wasn't a good pick :lol:
shows what happens you make assumptions and generalizations way off

Because your rationale is so stupid I would assume you are a child.

You said Josh Smith was a bad pick for the ATLANTA HAWKS.

What happened in Detroit has NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT.

It's clear. R ryanjumpman420 you only like the Hawks when they are in 1st place.

It's beyond me how you openly said you couldn't support a team that was a top 4 seed and has made the playoffs for 7 straight years and counting.

Man I just went back and looked at that draft.

Given draft position and production given to the team that drafted them Josh Smith was the best pick in the entire first round.

Only Dwight Howard contributed more to the team that drafted him.
let's not talk about Childress at 6 in 04 or Sheldon Williams at 5 in 05 or Williams at 2 In 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom