The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right in the middle of Lebrons "prime" too
mean.gif
It's almost as bad as quitting the sport in your prime.
yeah true, the coming back and winning 3 straight finals. 
nerd.gif

Still remember Bron's pregame speech in the huddle before game 4 vs Dal.

He said something along the lines of "if you aint exhausted after this game, you aint playing hard enough. We gotta play like our backs are against the wall." 

Ended the game 3-11 from the field, 8 pts. EL OH ELZ

And who could forget

"Errrrrr game ah game seben dawg, errrrrr gaaaaaa a gaaayme see'en dawwg"

ex nba players, wheres latrells kids? n.shawn.kemp? doing lines off spalding game used basketballs,, ooohh yeahhhhh. cup ole coffee...

yeah true, the coming back and winning 3 straight finals. :nerd:

Actually, I remember him losing in the 2nd round, to a 22 and 23 year old. But that's another one we've erased from the Jordan archives. He's the GOAT but his resume isn't a perfect montage set to the NBA on NBC theme.

You know damn well there was more to that story.

He either gambled his way out of the league and/or was responsible for his fathers death or quit at 29 because he was burnt out. None of the 3 scenarios would fly in 2015. And based on him cutting off the media for 2 weeks during the 1993 playoffs after a 22-59 start in the ECF, I'm not sure he could handle that type of onslaught.

And I am totally playing devils advocate.

LeBron - 2-3 in the Finals, had to change teams in order to win his two finals with two other elite players

MJ - Two Three-Peats, in a much more competitive league (no tanking, most everybody actually tried, no "Superteams")

Last edited:
LeBron - 2-3 in the Finals, had to change teams in order to win his two finals with two other elite players
MJ - Two Three-Peats, in a much more competitive league (no tanking, most everybody actually tried, no "Superteams"

the league wasn't more competitive. expansion had thinned out the talent pool.

the league wasn't more competitive. expansion had thinned out the talent pool.
Pretty sure there was more than one good team in the Eastern conference in the 90s.

There was never any question who was going to make it when LeBron went to Miami. They were the ONLY good team in the East. Cavs are one of two good teams in the East now.

Last edited:
that's a matter of conference balance. the league as a whole is more competitive than it was in the 90's.
They don't play a league playoff. Its conferenced. Last year any of the top 5 teams in the west could've washed the Heat. LeBron simply walks into the Finals every year. The Pacers had that one year where they looked like they'd be a threat, other than that it's been a cakewalk.

hopefully thats switched

watch  they adjust the format when lebron done 

Last edited:
They don't play a league playoff. Its conferenced. Last year any of the top 5 teams in the west could've washed the Heat. LeBron simply walks into the Finals every year. The Pacers had that one year where they looked like they'd be a threat, other than that it's been a cakewalk.

yeah but your argument was about lebron record in the finals last time I checked you play the west in the finals.

Thought this went without saying but I guess not. Not to mention ease of the first 3 series before the finals in the first place

and for all the alleged cake walk into the finals, they were nearly beaten by the celtics and pacers, and needed mircle performances from lebron to save the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom