The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Nike makes money off the NCAA, but not NBA is beyond me.

Because they pick and choose which teams they want to represent with the NCAA.

The NBA won't allow them to do that. So in the grand scheme of things, Nike would be losing money by getting an NBA deal, because it won't be just The Lakers, Raptors, Bulls, and a few others that they had a deal with last go around. They would have to take on all 30 teams, and that would make a loss in revenue for them because no one is buying a nike authentic Milwaukee Bucks / Detroit Piston / Memphis Grizzlies jersey

Because they pick and choose which teams they want to represent with the NCAA.

The NBA won't allow them to do that. So in the grand scheme of things, Nike would be losing money by getting an NBA deal, because it won't be just The Lakers, Raptors, Bulls, and a few others that they had a deal with last go around. They would have to take on all 30 teams, and that would make a loss in revenue for them because no one is buying a nike authentic Milwaukee Bucks / Detroit Piston / Memphis Grizzlies jersey

Good point, but there are like 300+ College teams. I find it hard to believe they lose money just by authentics.

hope rocawear gets the jersey contract
Fubu or Phat Farm gonna get it
smokin.gif
Dada pls

Good point, but there are like 300+ College teams. I find it hard to believe they lose money just by authentics.

The way I see it, I'm sure Nike has deals in place with teams in the NCAA that don't generate much revenue. But I figure that deals with like Texas, or Kentucky, or the plethora of other schools that Nike has deals with generate so much profit that it makes up for the loss.

Because there are only 30 teams, the impact from teams in NBA would be felt much more.

You guys are going to be wishing Adidas kept their NBA contract if the official merchandise sponsor of the NBA ends up being Li-Ning or some ****

You guys are going to be wishing Adidas kept their NBA contract if the official merchandise sponsor of the NBA ends up being Li-Ning or some ****

Nah anything better than adidas. Thank god they bouncing in 2017

I was afraid we would be seeing nba players in skirts next :x

Braveludes heart woulda stopped from pure excitement

Another thing why people dont want ua getting that nba license? Their performance stuff is really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom