The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make sure that Doug never cheated on her, Jackie would leave her children with her mother so that she could follow Doug's team to all of their away games. Of course wives are not allowed to travel with the team but this is not just any wife we are talking about.  This was Mrs. Jackie Christie the HBIC babyyy.  Jackie was thus allowed to fly with the team on their charter jet but once the plane landed, she would arrange for her own vehicle to drive her directly behind the team's bus. She would make Doug talk to her on a cell phone for the entire ride so that he would not have the opportunity to make any calls to any other women.

Doug Christie once wanted to go to NBA player Mateen Cleaves' bachelor party and Jackie wasn't having it.  Instead of hiding Doug's car keys or maybe stashing his wallet in a bush, Jackie just set his entire BMW convertible on fire.

While playing for the Toronto Raptors, Jackie was not pleased with the female employees that would enter the locker room after the games to hand out statistics. Instead of being secure in her relationship and knowing in her heart that her husband would never cheat on her, Jackie ordered Doug to start changing in an adjacent room by himself and away from his team so that he would not come in contact with any females that might enter the locker room after the games.

Put the coo-coo back in the clock.

Last edited:
Me talking about the Warriors problems is me not being humble about the Spurs? LabRat you alright?

Last edited:
View media item 1490763
The tank's out there and I'm loving every minute of it:

@APkrawczynski: Flip: "We have to find a way to make sure we get 8 guys. If anyone here has any interest, we're willing to take tryouts."

Kings fans, Do you think Kings history would be very different without what happened in game 6?
yes..... first of all, Sacramento probably would have had a new arena before 2006..... the Kings success, especially if it was prolonged, probably would have kept the Maloofs more comfortably afloat for much longer..... the threats of relocation wouldn't ever have happened etc

I know where you are coming from

Before the Spurs got on their championship roll, there was a threat to move to Memphis

Winning the championship in 1999 really got them the support to get out of the Alamodome and into the AT&T Center

The small market team struggle is real without winning

Last edited:
@bhzmafia14

No idea what your question regarding the Grizz is since I didn't read all the posts I missed, but I think it has something to do with their chances in the playoffs and people not buying into them? 

I like the Grizz, but there's something about them that just is missing. Their offense is so stagnant at times. It was extremely clear against the Spurs last year in the playoffs. Weren't the games close (a few OTs from my recollection), but when they needed baskets they couldn't produce. After a while you have to score, you can't solely rely on stopping teams. How exactly have they gotten better this year at scoring?

Also Conley has been slumping since January (due to injuries I'm assuming). He isn't getting healthier and playoffs are right here. Gasol has also somewhat regressed to his mean. 

I just don't trust them to have a fluid offense come playoff time especially with Conley hurt. How can they improve- probably putting someone in place of Zbo honestly, but it's tough. 

:pimp: all reasonable criticism.

I agree with a lot of the things you said. I'm worried about our offense as well since the break. I was waiting throughout the 1st half of the year for it to drop off from that top 10 level, but they were pretty consistent. Then, Zbo got injured, we traded for Green and lineups got mixed up. We started going back to the same offense we've had over the last few seasons. There were several times on many occasions in the playoffs where the Grizz could have put teams away if they didn't go on those 5-6 minute droughts in a quarter. My hope at this point is that Marc becomes who he was earlier in the year and one reason why I think he's not playing as hard right now. If not, it could spell trouble against a lot of the squads in the West.

Conley being hurt is also a major concern. If Memphis ends up matching up with LAC, they are better off hiding Conley on Barnes with Lee on CP3 / TA chasing JJ around screens. I just don't know if Conley will be able to play both sides of the ball at a high level with his foot problem right now.

Kings fans, Do you think Kings history would be very different without what happened in game 6?
yes..... first of all, Sacramento probably would have had a new arena before 2006..... the Kings success, especially if it was prolonged, probably would have kept the Maloofs more comfortably afloat for much longer..... the threats of relocation wouldn't ever have happened etc
I know where you are coming from

Before the Spurs got on their championship roll, there was a threat to move to Memphis

Winning the championship in 1999 really got them the support to get out of the Alamodome and into the AT&T Center
I remember reading about that awhile ago (prob during the Kings to Seattle times)... Dope the Spurs stayed 

Its super weird

Dude has been on here for a year but the first Sports post, he has is directed towards another fan of the his team

It just doesnt fit.....you know?
I don't have anything against you.

I only found out about NT last year.

I only chose to speak up about theKlaw2 because I felt he was embarrassing Spurs fans like me.

Anyways, I'll shut up now so we can focus on the NBA again.

glory years 
frown.gif

I am dead inside.

whats the updated West standings since Memphis lost?

The highest the Grizz can get is 5th. HOU/LAC/SAS can land anywhere from 2 to 6.

The most likely scenario is...

2 SAS
3 LAC
5 HOU (with homeport)
6 MEM

edit..

my bad, i read your post wrong. i was thinking you were asking about scenarios :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom