The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

he's not anywhere near as good of a shooter as Curry was though. i'm not interested in russell, rather have muddy who has a higher upside.

To be fair not many people were as good a shooter as Curry.

Also Curry was a junior coming out so he had a couple extra years

Last edited:
i dont remember anyone knocking kyrie. he was the unanimous first pick and he played like what 10 games at duke :lol: only thing I've seen people knock kyrie for is his selfishness/lack of leadership

NBA Common Sense Mock Draft 2.0: New No. 1, two trades and more twists

With the lottery order now set for the upcoming draft, it’s time to unveil a new edition of SI.com’s Common Sense Mock Draft.

14. Oklahoma City Thunder - Sam Dekker

In the short-term, Dekker should be able to step into Kyle Singler’s bench role and offer a bit more versatility on the defensive end. The Thunder are going all-in as Kevin Durant approaches free agency and Dekker looks more prepared than most to chip in early, plus he brings big-game experience. As his skill set expands at the NBA level, so should his value.

17. Milwaukee Bucks - Devin Booker

Michael Carter-Williams regressed as a three-point shooter last season, and the Bucks could lose Khris Middleton, one of their top three-point shooters, after he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason. Milwaukee attempted only 22.3% of its field goals from beyond the arc last season, which ranked No. 25 in the league. Booker could space the floor with his ability to knock down long-range shots.

18. Houston Rockets - Cameron Payne

Houston is reportedly in love with Tyus Jones. Another report has the Thunder promising to draft Payne at No. 14. Our scenario ignores both and lands the Rockets with the latter—the latest mid-major point to raise his stock into the first round, and the type of playmaker James Harden wants to help ease his load.

19. Utah Jazz - R.J. Hunter

[Trade: Wizards receive No. 12 pick and Trey Burke from Jazz in exchange for No. 19 pick, 2016 first-round pick and Ramon Sessions.]

Utah ranked first in the league in defensive efficiency after the All-Star break last season. If the Jazz can even come close to matching that mark next year, it stands to reason they could compete for a playoff spot with a slight uptick on the other end of the floor. Hunter, a skilled guard renowned for his three-point shooting, could provide Utah a much-needed spark off the bench.

20. Toronto Raptors - Jerian Grant

As Toronto bounces back from a disappointing playoff performance, Grant’s experience, size and playmaking ability adds depth and diversity to the Raptors’ backcourt. He’ll learn from Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan and could become a rotation contributor sooner than later.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/01/nba-mock-draft-jahlil-okafor-karl-anthony-towns-wolves-lakers-76ers
with KD, ibaka, adams, kanter, mcgary and collision all getting mins at the 4/5 spots I cant see the thunder going with dekker.. hell Roberson might get mins at the 4 spot too

all the guys listed after the pick are possibilities

i dont remember anyone knocking kyrie. he was the unanimous first pick and he played like what 10 games at duke :lol: only thing I've seen people knock kyrie for is his selfishness/lack of leadership
There was some question in regards to his lack of elite athleticism and strength, but everything from the eye test to the stats said he was a #1 pick and star.

Edit:

I had some with the the trade machine:
Nuggets get: Trey Burke, Gerald Wallace, #14
The Nuggets start their rebuild by dealing away the disgruntled Lawson to the Kings. Burke has been inconsistent in his first two years, but he can still be salvaged, I think. They also get#14 from the Jazz and Wallace, who is an expiring contract. Could the Nuggets combine #7 and #14 to move up in the draft?

Jazz get: Darren Collison, Tyler Zeller or Kelly Olynyk
The Jazz played well in the second half of the season, despite poor point guard play. Dante Exum was understandably not ready for starter's minutes, so the Jazz trade for Collison to be a stop-gap starting point guard until Exum is ready. They also get a useful big man in either Zeller or Olynyk to further strengthen their frontcourt.

Kings get: Ty Lawson, #16
The Kings want to make a run for the playoffs, so they deal away the #6 pick to the Celtics and get back Lawson and #16. Lawson has experience running George Karl’s offense and reportedly wants a change of scenery. With #16, the Kings can still draft a defensive prospect like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Celtics get: #6, Jason Thompson or Carl Landry
With a treasure trove of assets, the Celtics deal away #16, the expiring contract of Wallace and one of Zeller or Olynyk for #6, to use on a much needed rim protector in Willie Cauley-Stein. With the departure of Zeller/Olynyk and Brandon Bass, this trade starts Danny Ainge’s run at Kevin Love in free agency this summer.

Last edited:
12. Washington Wizards - Myles Turner

[Trade: Wizards receive No. 12 pick and Trey Burke from Jazz in exchange for No. 19 pick, 2016 first-round pick and Ramon Sessions.]

With Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors in place and the available wing crop a bit thin, Utah adds an extra first-rounder and hands the point guard reins to Dante Exum. The Wizards leap at the skilled Turner, who could be their center of the future, and offer the disappointing Burke a change of scenery. And hey, it can’t hurt that they’re expected to bid heavily on another ex-Longhorn one year from now…

Ummmm....I dunno about this.

Thoughts? Myles Turner is aight but idk about trading away our first round pick no matter how late it maybe

Backup PG is a position of need, but I think there is more value in drafting a combo guard like Wright or Grant. I don't know about giving up the '16 pick for Burke and ending up w/ Myles Turner. Seems like a bad deal to me.

If we stay at 19, we should take either Portis or Lyles (but I think both will be gone). If they're off the board, then I think we need to look at a combo guard like Wright or Grant. Being able to share a backcourt with either Wall/Beal is huge.

If we go combo in the draft, there are some good stretch 4 candidates out there that we can hopefully nab via FA.

I'd love to walk away with Gallo. He'd be feasting on those corner 3's.

i'm not worried. he can become a respectable shooter and will learn how to be efficient with the ball.
I guess. But that's not really how prospects are evaluated. You can't just rave about the ceiling and not be worried about the floor. Definitely no guarantee that he becomes a respectable shooter, nor that the TOs stop being a problem. Not saying that I don't think that he will, but you can't just ignore these things. 

i'm not worried. he can become a respectable shooter and will learn how to be efficient with the ball.
I guess. But that's not really how prospects are evaluated. You can't just rave about the ceiling and not be worried about the floor. Definitely no guarantee that he becomes a respectable shooter, nor that the TOs stop being a problem. Not saying that I don't think that he will, but you can't just ignore these things. 
That's definitely true. I still rather take the chance on Mudiay though. Maybe I'm biased since I dislike Russell as a prospect for reasons I cannot explain.

What are the chances NY passes on Mudiay and grab someone else. 

Like Kristaps or Justice

9YMC12P.gif

Bruh...

Who do you guys seeing making the biggest slide, and on the flip...who do you see going higher than expected?

Hard to say for the former, but for some reason, I see Dekker going much sooner than people projected.

Sliding I'm not sure but who I can see going high are them euro brahs. Or Lyes at 4

Last edited:
Slide:
WCS and Oubre

Rise:
Payne and Stanley (I think someone is gonna love him and trade up to grab him before WCS and maybe Justise)

Last edited:
Someone in the top 7 is gonna be a bust. This draft is stacked but zero chance they all pan out into something.

Would be great if they do though.

Based on history, two of the top ten are busting. That's just the math.

Not sure about sliding and rising, but I feel R.J. Hunter is being undervalued and Devin Booker is being overvalued.

Back
Top Bottom