THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're under the assumption that he loves basketball though. what if he doesn't love it? what if he just tolerates it because he needs to make a living like the other regular people? you guys also didn't take into consideration that the more people make, the more they spend and let's not forget they get taxed more than a MF and mostly likely have to make their money last and won't be bringing much money in after their playing career.

It takes a tremendous amount of work to make...and even harder work to sustain a career in the NBA. You don't put yourself thru the hustle and bustle of a professional sport since his high school if you don't love it. His career path says he loves it. Going through what he went through and getting back on the path of being a productive player in the league is indicative of someone who loved it enough to fight through the obstacles.

you're under the assumption that he loves basketball though. what if he doesn't love it? what if he just tolerates it because he needs to make a living like the other regular people? you guys also didn't take into consideration that the more people make, the more they spend and let's not forget they get taxed more than a MF and mostly likely have to make their money last and won't be bringing much money in after their playing career.

It takes a tremendous amount of work to make...and even harder work to sustain a career in the NBA. You don't put yourself thru the hustle and bustle of a professional sport since his high school if you don't love it. His career path says he loves it. Going through what he went through and getting back on the path of being a productive player in the league is indicative of someone who loved it enough to fight through the obstacles.

larry sanders

There are definitely some NBA players who don't love the game -- Andrew Bynum comes to mind -- but they're in the minority. And I don't think Green is in that group. He wouldn't have spent 9 years or whatever bouncing back and 4th between the NBA and D-league, etc. if he didn't love playing ball.

But, to your point, I'll revise my previous statement. If I could get paid a few million dollars a year to do something that I even just sort of like or am able to tolerate, sign me up. Hell, I do that now, but for far less money.

the NBA Live player faces are what the players would look like if they abused meth.

Last edited:
larry sanders

Where is Larry sanders right now?

Thanks for proving my point.

it doesn't prove your point at all b. i pressed enter too early (im at work) and couldn't edit it before you responded.

I was going to say some people all they know is sports to get out of the environment they in. if they had something else to fall, something else they love,back on and made enough money such as Larry Sanders, they would do it. Staying in a professional league when you don't know anything else outside of basketball doesn't prove you love it. One can definitely argue they love the money, girls and spotlight opposed to the sport.

Last edited:
There are definitely some NBA players who don't love the game -- Andrew Bynum comes to mind -- but they're in the minority. And I don't think Green is in that group. He wouldn't have spent 9 years or whatever bouncing back and 4th between the NBA and D-league, etc. if he didn't love playing ball.

It's really that simple. That average guy that find himself out of the league never find his way back. To go from being a high school phenom that was a 1st round draft pick...to being a journeyman with d-league stints and stop in Russia and China...and then eventually turning a blind 10 day contract to 15 million dollars and carving out a niche as a role player. That is the epitome of perseverance. You don't keep trying after being rejected that many times if you don't love something

It's really that simple. That average guy that find himself out of the league never find his way back. To go from being a high school phenom that was a 1st round draft pick...to being a journeyman with d-league stints and stop in Russia and China...and then eventually turning a blind 10 day contract to 15 million dollars and carving out a niche as a role player. That is the epitome of perseverance. You don't keep trying after being rejected that many times if you don't love something

maybe he didn't make enough money? maybe he has a spending problem and has to play basketball. it's really that simple.

it doesn't prove your point at all b. i pressed enter too early (im at work) and couldn't edit it before you responded.

I was going to say some people all they know is sports to get out of the environment they in. if they had something else to fall back on and made enough money such as Larry Sanders, they would do it. Staying in a professional league when you don't know anything else outside of basketball doesn't prove you love it. One can definitely argue they love the money, girls and spotlight opposed to the sport.

Larry sanders quit. Your entire argument is not at all relative to my point. If I'm talking about making and sustaining a career...why would you bring up someone that voluntarily left the game?

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
So we can assume Larry Sanders will be back just like Childress..

Milwaukee & marijuana ruined his life..

Last edited:

keon clark.... dude was like i got money im going to chill out smoke my weed and live the good life. how people cant live within they means is beyond my comprehension. made probably 10 mil after taxes and then turned into a f up.such a waste of talent . ungrateful fools. give me 4 mil ill live great till i die. 

Last edited:
if I didn't have any other talents besides playing basketball which pays millions and even though i don't love it, i would definitely keep playing. how hard is that to understand?

I honestly hope so. I been wishing for Presti to give him a call. He was still the best fg% at rim defender in the NBA during his last crazy, uninterested season. If you could keep his craziness just marginally at bay and get him to play, he's impactful, especially now that you can get him for less than 11 mil per since Milwaukee is still on the hook for whatever portion of that money

I honestly hope so. I been wishing for Presti to give him a call. He was still the best fg% at rim defender in the NBA during his last crazy, uninterested season. If you could keep his craziness just marginally at bay and get him to play, he's impactful, especially now that you can get him for less than 11 mil per since Milwaukee is still on the hook for whatever portion of that money

That is one giant IF lol

Certainly but for the minimum or so, if he becomes a problem you just send him home, worst case scenario. Best case, you have 2 of the top 3 rim protectors on the same team.

sick.gif
 at that Ashley Madison Hawks thing. Cringe worthy.

Where is RyanJumpMan to make sense of this?

if I didn't have any other talents besides playing basketball which pays millions and even though i don't love it, i would definitely keep playing. how hard is that to understand?

this. a lot of ppl arent passionate about their jobs, but do it cause they're good at it and/or pays well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom