THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mean.gif
frown.gif

I hate billy King that ******* slob
He is awful.  Why couldn't they just let Kidd be president.

Last edited:
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 56s56 seconds ago
Bucks beating NY for a prominent FA shows how NBA world has changed dramatically. New CBA, new owners, new realities. Old advantages gone.
Congrats to David Stern.

A lasting legacy.

[COLOR=#red] ‏@daldridgetnt[/COLOR]: In old paradigm, high-revenue teams' edge wasn't in contract, but $ in off-court deals. No longer true. KD has lots of endorsements in OKC.

[COLOR=#red] ‏@daldridgetnt[/COLOR]: In old paradigm, high-revenue teams' edge wasn't in contract, but $ in off-court deals. No longer true. KD has lots of endorsements in OKC.

IMO has to do with the social media age partly too. People are overtly critical online about players who play for losers, are trash etc.

This first take era

Players actually wanna win now more than ever. Ain't nobody trying to be the laughing stock of Twitter playing for The Knicks. They want to win and be competitive.

Even guys like Greg Monroe who doesn't even have a legacy to protect is curving the Knicks, the lakers etc for a team like the bucks because they are in a position to win.

May seem miniature, but players care man. It's no fun losing and now with social media among other things being so prevalent, you not trying to hear all of that everyday anymore, not when you don't have to.

Bucks core looking great, I hope Jabari comes back strong. Him and Giannis need to continue to mesh together and they both have all star potential (especially in the East)

Count me as one of those who doesn't like MCW as their PG, it's just to difficult to have a top tier offense with that bad of a shooter at PG.

But I really do love every other piece

@talkhoops: Knicks striking out on big names is fine as long as they bring in depth and value instead.

Bucks core looking great, I hope Jabari comes back strong. Him and Giannis need to continue to mesh together and they both have all star potential (especially in the East)

Count me as one of those who doesn't like MCW as their PG, it's just to difficult to have a top tier offense with that bad of a shooter at PG.

But I really do love every other piece
They are banking on Kidd to make MCW a better offensive player.
At least his defense is above average.

The Thunder preparing to go way into the tax, as a repeater (since they broke into it for the first time last yr to sign Dion Waiters and give away a pick to do so), to end up paying Kantner more than Harden, after having finally given up on Jeremy Lamb who came in from that trade to get Ridnour who then just got flipped for cash and a future 2nd rd pick.

Last edited:
Indeed, social networking made a big impact.

Yup. These players are heavy on social media. They watch first take. They see the memes about themselves. Their human too. It's no fun being the laughing stock of the Internet for the nba in 2015. Hell in this thread alone it's open season on the Knicks.

In a way, social media kind of takes away the big city pull because it's going to push you out there so if you're going to be bad, the worst place you can go to is a team like the Knicks and the lakers.

This is working against both of them in free agency right now.

There's no real empirical data to show for this, but I think it's making a big deal.

why is greg monroe's max 3/50 and other guys have much higher max's? how does it work?

This is a lie KD, Bron, Ad etc etc are once in a generation athletes of course they will make money wherever they go.

People clamoring that big city and historic franchises "No longer matter" are the same people upset that L.A was sending out tweets to Aldridge.

Point blank the Knicks & Lakers are on full rebuilds right now.. so they clearly lose leverage when FA don't know how there young players will turn out..

secondly these teams collectively have lost out to LA, Monnroe, Carroll etc etc... these aren't guys who are gonna do anything but make your team a perrenial second round team. Milwaulkee is setting themselves up to be nothing more than that unless Jabari really reaches his potential.

championships are won with superstars, so small market teams overpaying for AS caliber players doesnt change the advantage big market cities have.

That being said, the lakers are doing it right.

Just like I felt Milwaukee was doing it right.

As long as randle becomes a player, they'll be fine. Have some really good young assets. However it'll be tough if the combination of randle clarkson and dlo don't become big time guys and become at least competitive. I think they will though

IMO has to do with the social media age partly too. People are overtly critical online about players who play for losers, are trash etc.

This first take era

Players actually wanna win now more than ever. Ain't nobody trying to be the laughing stock of Twitter playing for The Knicks. They want to win and be competitive.

Even guys like Greg Monroe who doesn't even have a legacy to protect is curving the Knicks, the lakers etc for a team like the bucks because they are in a position to win.

May seem miniature, but players care man. It's no fun losing and now with social media among other things being so prevalent, you not trying to hear all of that everyday anymore, not when you don't have to.

i agree... your career is what 10 years if you're lucky? who wants to play for a panicky coach and organization not set on winning or making you a priority...

I feel you on the first take era too.

this is just an overreaction from the media never knowing how to think for themselves... LA picked playing for the Spurs with Pop, Timmy, Parker and a chance to win now over LA... the Lakers lure is gone..

Non AS center Monroe chooses Bucks Over Knicks, players no longer care about signing with a big market team...

What they aren't saying is that both these big market teams, are squads who literally are being built from the ground up and are a year or two from really competing.. I expect things to change for both franchises real quick now that both seem to be past the tanking part of the rebuild, have their respective young players and can now focus on building a team & style of play over the next season... then heading to FA again with more cap & the ability to execute a solid vision for FA's

The Thunder preparing to go way into the tax, as a repeater (since they broke into it for the first time last yr to sign Dion Waiters and give away a pick to do so), to end up paying Kantner more than Harden, after having finally given up on Jeremy Lamb who came in from that trade to get Ridnour who then just got flipped for cash and a future 2nd rd pick.

Yikes.

Nah. Bucks and Heat have improved, but Wiz and Hawks may have gotten worse. Raptors are kind of puzzling. Regardless, everyone in the East is playing for second behind the Cavs anyway.

If the pacers snab monta that'll be an improvement. But if they lose Roy and David west that'll obviously make them worse

Orlando has improved

Detroit has improved as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom