THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get what Doc was doing? He had ZERO to work with and filled out his roster with all upgrades

Come on fam, what else you want him to do

He upgraded the 3. He upgraded the bench. He kept DJ

I commend him for adding talent, but that doesn't mean that the roster makes sense at all. We'll see how it works out though. They're essentially all low risk moves, but doesn't mean that they're great.

I commend him for adding talent, but that doesn't mean that the roster makes sense at all. We'll see how it works out though. They're essentially all low risk moves, but doesn't mean that they're great.
Nothing is promised, I'm just asking you what else could be done when he had no money. Literally zero dollars and just the MLE and veteran minimums 

You couldn't have really done much better

@daldridgetnt: Can confirm Josh Smith to Clippers, as reported by Real GM & others. Told he was swayed by "defined role" offered by LAC/Rivers.

when was atl ever the fav or the champs on paper. nobody believed in the hawks. 

They weren't. They didn't look good on paper coming into last year but ended up have the best record in the East. Point being, paper means nothing.

I'm happy with what the Spurs and Clips have done. Whatever it takes to send OKC packing in the playoffs. Hope they have a terrible season. KD in DC 16!

Nothing is promised, I'm just asking you what else could be done when he had no money. Literally zero dollars and just the MLE and veteran minimums 

You couldn't have really done much better

All I said is that I don't get what he's doing in regards to roster construction, and you can easily look at the bench and scratch your head.

so basically...... EVERYONE on the Clippers supposed to be an option.. with all these "roles" 

the NBA is still played with one basketball, right? 

All I said is that I don't get what he's doing in regards to roster construction, and you can easily look at the bench and scratch your head.
I don't get what is head scratching

He has solid back ups at every position with the exception to perhaps PG. However Rivers showed glimpses at least

I'm not saying it's brilliant but are you wondering about defense? Shooting? 

I see what you're saying. The new second unit is not ideally balanced, but its way more talented than the bench last year. And has much, much better defensive capabilities. I think that's going to be game plan - for it to be a disruptive defensive unit and create offense with defense. Half court offense will definitely be interesting though.

so basically...... EVERYONE on the Clippers supposed to be an option.. with all these "roles" 

the NBA is still played with one basketball, right? 

Did you not see how Blake Griffin looked in the 4th quarter of the playoffs?

Dude was toasted flakes. These moves will allow players that can actually do things with a basketball to absorb some minutes.

No one (at least I'm not) is saying they're the favorites or anything -- just that they improved.

Last edited:
They weren't. They didn't look good on paper coming into last year but ended up have the best record in the East. Point being, paper means nothing.

I'm happy with what the Spurs and Clips have done. Whatever it takes to send OKC packing in the playoffs. Hope they have a terrible season. KD in DC 16!
oh okay. i got you . 

Did you not see how Blake Griffin looked in the 4th quarter of the playoffs?

Dude was toasted flakes. These moves will allow players that can actually do things with a basketball to absorb some minutes.

No one (at least I'm not) is saying they're the favorites or anything -- just that they improved.
all I'm saying is.... 

Smooth want to shoot, DeAndre want to shoot, we KNOW Lance want to shoot, Crawford shooting before he even checks into the game..... and PP still think he clutch city

that's 5 dudes being promised roles BEFORE Blake and CP3 get their shots off 

sounds like a whole lot of dream selling by Doc.... Clips outchea telling everybody they getting plays run for them 

all I'm saying is.... 

Smooth want to shoot, DeAndre want to shoot, we KNOW Lance want to shoot, Crawford shooting before he even checks into the game..... and PP still think he clutch city

that's 5 dudes being promised roles BEFORE Blake and CP3 get their shots off 

sounds like a whole lot of dream selling by Doc.... Clips outchea telling everybody they getting plays run for them 

Well yeah this all could be true but these are gambles that had to be made so at this moment this is kind of nit picking. Especially when you consider who was coming off the bench last season and what they had to work with this summer

No matter what fallacies you can find with the clippers roster right now, the moves should make them better and give them a better chance at winning a title than the roster they had last season

I can't wait to see this Clips team this season :lol: :lol: good luck to Smith though (except when he faces the Rockets). He was a big factor in the Mavs and definitely the Clips series, so i don't blame Doc in wanting him

Smith played pretty well and under control with Houston in the playoffs. Didn't force that often, played team ball

Lance on Indy was highly unselfish. Getting triple doubles right and left. I think he can return to that player with LAC

Crawford was depended upon by default to chuck. He won't have to this year. He possibly still may be traded

Jordan naturally will command a few more looks but nothing drastic 

Blake and CP3 are two of the most unselfish stars the league has

Last edited:
Well yeah this all could be true but these are gambles that had to be made so at this moment this is kind of nit picking. Especially when you consider who was coming off the bench last season and what they had to work with this summer

No matter what fallacies you can find with the clippers roster right now, the moves should make them better and give them a better chance at winning a title than the roster they had last season
im just laughing at the Clippers selling all these dudes dreams of the iso

not saying the make up of the team won't work... i think people may be confusing the two 

Last edited:
I must have missed the top 8 PG discussion. Where did Wall end up?

Curry
Russ
CP3
Wall
the rest?

BTW I voted with my head in the poll. See Randle winning. Should have known using my head was pointless. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
im just laughing at the Clippers selling all these dudes dreams of the iso

I highly doubt that's what he's telling all the guys. I'm sure he told DJ he'll get more touches on the box and I think that will happen. But I honestly don't think he told Josh he's going to come here and be an offensive focal point. And Pierce only averaged 12 points per game last year in about 26 minutes. He can do the same thing here. Mostly defer to Blake and CP and pick his spots to score.

PP aint trying to shoot. He knows his role and won't even play heavy minutes until the playoffs. He'll be more of a safety valve than anything

Curry
Westbrook
Wall
CP3
Conley
Dame
Kyrie
Lowry
Teague

I'd put Rose in somewhere between Conley and Lowry but idk what to expect out of him anymore.

curry/russ
cp0/tp9
rose
conley/wall/kyrie
dwill
dame
teague

come at me bro's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back