THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC has one hell of a scouting department, but they are average to below average at just about everything else IMO.

- took forever to move off Perkins and was not the MAIN reason, but one of the reasons why they didn't keep Harden on board. It would've cost them about $17M, but it would've been worth having 3 of the top 5-7 players in the NBA for 10+ years...

- signed Enes Kanter to a max contract
- got decent value for Reggie Jackson (i wasn't as floored by it as some people because i'm not that big of a fan of Singler or Kanter ---- i do like Augustine)
- got average value for Harden (probably below average)
- gave Collison $8m dollars
- took forever to fire Brooks (actually took an injured riddle season to do that)

i could go on and on...but, their drafting is TOP NOTCH and i guess that makes up for a lot of their weaknesses. Some FO's can't even get the draft or trade department right :lol: . nothing to be ashamed as OKC front office because they are still good, but they are good because of their ability to scout talent in the draft. not because of the other stuff.

Last edited:

drafted steven adams and mitch mcgary.. fired scotty
Oh, they fired their coach? They got McGary flying around now? That one time they picked somebody good in Adams? That's three years of good moves!

Oh, no wait. They're in a small market and have two stars and need to strike while the iron's hot. Who cares if we all like S.Adams, how does that move the needle in OKC right now? If you're Durant or Westbrook and see all of the super teams coming together for cheap elsewhere, how would the Thunder's last three years of transactions look to you?
when scotty finally played steven adams in the playoffs, he's the main reason the team beat the grizzlies and clippers in that playoffs.. unfortunately ibaka got hurt at the end of that clippers series

and okc had a better record and were statistically a better team the season AFTER they traded harden.. westbrook unfortunately got hurt the 2nd game of the playoffs

.75 for Serge Ibaka?

He's one of the league's best big rim protectors,

with the ability to shoot 38-40% from three.

That's an incredibly unique  skill set.

when scotty finally played steven adams in the playoffs, he's the main reason the team beat the grizzlies and clippers in that playoffs.. unfortunately ibaka got hurt at the end of that clippers series

and okc had a better record and were statistically a better team the season AFTER they traded harden.. westbrook unfortunately got hurt the 2nd game of the playoffs
i really dont think harden , westbrook and kd wouldve worked out as good as many  people seem to believe 

i think its true. okc drafts well but everything else ehh. lot of dumb moves besides the harden trade. 

Wait, you guys are surprised at OKC being called a bad front office but not Boston?
OKC front office been doodoo. Two good drafts however many years ago don't count.
Boston traded two declining stars for a gazillion draft pics. I haven't seen a bad deal in recent history. How's Boston doing a bad job??
Well Boston did draft 96 guards with their 97 available picks......

.75 for Serge Ibaka?

But is he a superstar player?

Thunder still haven't had the success they did a few years ago. I'm not saying a FO is good if they're trending downwards with (essentially) the same talent. They need to make some changes in order to win the title, especially with two teams in the West that are better than them.

Well Boston did draft 96 guards with their 97 available picks......
Guard won da mvp. Celtics gonna usher in a new era
nthat.gif

Ya, it's not like they made the finals or anything
people finding a lot to complain about with a  team that has lost to the eventual champions:

2014 - Spurs in the western conference finals (ibaka got hurt before the series)

2012 - Heat in the finals (brooks being an idiot)

2011 - Dallas in the western conference finals (deserved to lose, but brooks still was an idiot)

2010 - Lakers

2013 westbrook got hurt (thunder were the number 1 seed in the west).. and I hope we remember all the injuries last year

Last edited:

.75 for Serge Ibaka?

But is he a superstar player?

Thunder still haven't had the success they did a few years ago. I'm not saying a FO is good if they're trending downwards with (essentially) the same talent. They need to make some changes in order to win the title, especially with two teams in the West that are better than them.
Not every player drafted has to become a superstar,

a star whom is complementary to your superstars make for great investments and integral team cogs.

no more brooks to blame everything on. very interested seeing how the offense will run this year. 

Last edited:
OKC will win the championship this year as long as they don't play Kanter too heavy in the playoffs.

The Thunder have drafted 3 top ten NBA players in the last 5 years and drafted Ibaka in the late first round along with Jackson, Mitch, and Steven Adams.  Find me a single team in the NBA who has been as successful in the draft as the Thunder.  I can only think of 1 and that is the Warriors.

Steph was MVP. Was a guard. Yes?

I was gearing towards post-championship series OKC anyways. They've gone downwards.
Oh I thought you were referring to the Celtics as having an MVP guard.  Nope, last I check they had a point guard who shot 36% from the field.  The Celtics are far more piss poorly run than the Thunder.

The Thunder are gonna be that 30 for 30 team that had everything and never put it together.

The Thunder have drafted 3 top ten NBA players in the last 5 years and drafted Ibaka in the late first round along with Jackson, Mitch, and Steven Adams.  Find me a single team in the NBA who has been as successful in the draft as the Thunder.  I can only think of 1 and that is the Warriors.
Bro, they drafted Harden six years ago, westbrook seven, and KD eight.
roll.gif
It's not 2012 anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom