The 25 Biggest First-Week Album Sales in Music History

^ Fam, your JT love teeters on scary.  

There wasn't any "best" from both those groups--all that **** was garbage.  Not even trying to be funny, but did dudes really listen to those groups back then?  If so, did you get clowned, or was it more of an in-the-closet, guilty pleasure thing?  

I guess I'm old or something b/c I just can't call it.  
I was chimning in on the thread if you haven't noticed from people discussing the same thing I don't see you going at them

The stuff was all over the radio and TRL, I didn't own Nsync or BSB albums but if you were in middle/high school it was a phenomenon

Not sure what your agenda is by your statements but it seems pretty insecure

JT and NSYNC are totally different, he grew in a legit pop/R&B star

Pretty sure dudes listening to Sade would "get clowned"
Sorry....got carried away and was influenced by your JT riding in the 20/20 thread.  
laugh.gif
  Just a trend I noticed.  

And I guess you explained it--I was well into my college career at that point, so I guess I can't relate.  Makes sense if you were a young dude then though.  

As far as Sade goes....nah....that's classic music right there.  30 years in the business and they sell millions and sell out arenas to this day, while putting out an album every blue moon.  I honestly can say I've never been clowned by anyone regarding Sade.  Real recognize real.                                     

^ Fam, your JT love teeters on scary.  

There wasn't any "best" from both those groups--all that **** was garbage.  Not even trying to be funny, but did dudes really listen to those groups back then?  If so, did you get clowned, or was it more of an in-the-closet, guilty pleasure thing?  

I guess I'm old or something b/c I just can't call it.  
BTW i listen to the old BSB til this day.

its not ayo, i just like the meaning of some of the songs. people know i listen to it and no one says crap
laugh.gif
Says the guy with Murder Mitten as his location.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif

i may be wrong but GRODT is the only debut album on that list. Insane to sell that much 1st week with your first album. His initial buzz was :smokin. I know he had the Shady/Aftermath vehicle behind him, but also lets you know what kind of work he put in with the promotion (ie mixtapes, image, beef) to get those numbers.

i may be wrong but GRODT is the only debut album on that list. Insane to sell that much 1st week with your first album. His initial buzz was :smokin. I know he had the Shady/Aftermath vehicle behind him, but also lets you know what kind of work he put in with the promotion (ie mixtapes, image, beef) to get those numbers.

50's buzz started with "How To Rob", which was on Columbia. He was down with Trackmasters.

Had mad big name rappers responding to it.

Was down with The Mad Rapper when D-Dot was pretty heavy in the game too.

Surprised to see Wayne on there twice. Didn't think homie was in that league. Only Wayne album I bought was Tha Carter (1).

I remember walking into Fye and the had almost the ENTIRE rap section devoted to the Massacre. I boycotted listening to it until 2006/2007

I was shocked by the Limp Bizkit numbers (I bought it 1st week) but then I remembered this was a year after Nookie, being in the Eminem video, Wes Boreland being an idol to all the weird kids, and doing a song with Method Man mix in with Rollin being a big hit, Mission Impossible theme song on the album and one other song it makes sense now.

just shows that classic albums dont correlate to first week sales. Lots of hype-machine, pop garbage on that list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom