Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

they disrespected too many of my fav albums for me to take the list serious

Life After Death
Reasonable Doubt
TM 101

HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS BS LIST

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by illphillip

How was NORE "exposed" as a sub-par lyricist with no direction when he's always been a sub-par lyricist with no direction?

Man Nore went in on Halfway Thugs on the War Report, as a matter of fact on that album he did his thing. 

Dude fooled me..
ohwell.gif

Tragedy probably wrote most of his verses on that album, lol.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Reasonable doubt was definitely appreciated when it dropped -got crazy radio play as well.

Only track that got play was Ain't No $$%#*...and that was because of Foxy. Name another track off of RD that got major spins...

gllahone84 wrote:
FIREPOWER23 wrote:
Reasonable doubt was definitely appreciated when it dropped -got crazy radio play as well.

Only track that got play was Ain't No $$%#*...and that was because of Foxy. Name another track off of RD that got major spins...
Eck, hated Ain't No N@#%%@, but Can't Knock The Hustle & Dead Presidents were my jawns...I'm fine with the list but I think it only encompasses recent rap history. I still can't figure out how Diddy didn't get mentioned though, Baby too...I'm suprised the little trolls that are Wayne & Drake fans haven't posted in here jumping up & down defending their idols...

I think it's funny that people act like Jadakiss is infallible when he's never even made a GOOD solo album. I'm not even asking for a great one. Just a good one.

I actually agree with most of this list, bar the NORE statement, because N.O.R.E. was great and the Life After Death statement, but it's not like I haven't heard that before.

I'm also curious as to where he was getting these "crazy spins". Not to take away from that record, but duke dropped 5 singles for the album to barely go gold at a time when singles were going gold.

Originally Posted by illphillip

How was NORE "exposed" as a sub-par lyricist with no direction when he's always been a sub-par lyricist with no direction?

Man Nore went in on Halfway Thugs on the War Report, as a matter of fact on that album he did his thing. 

Dude fooled me..
ohwell.gif
Nore didn't. But Tradgedy sure as hell did
pimp.gif

I remember Can't knock the hustle, Brooklyn's finest & D'evils getting constant rotation along with A'int no         

-just because it didn't get pop chart success, it was being played everywhere in the streets.

Album featured Biggie and released dead bang in the middle of the East/West coast beef ...how can you guys say it went unnoticed? 
laugh.gif

Not unnoticed, but not even a fraction of the fanfare a Jay album gets. Not sure where your at Firepower, but in NYC it really was just another rap album. And even Jay was salty about not getting hometown love. Had it not been for "Ain't no .." we probably wouldn't be having this convo.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I think it's funny that people act like Jadakiss is infallible when he's never even made a GOOD solo album. I'm not even asking for a great one. Just a good one.

I actually agree with most of this list, bar the NORE statement, because N.O.R.E. was great and the Life After Death statement, but it's not like I haven't heard that before.

Did you completely miss out on Kiss of Death or something?? Outside of those 2 wack songs with Kanye West and Pharrell, that
album was dope as hell.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by hugebird

Did you completely miss out on Kiss of Death or something?? Outside of those 2 wack songs with Kanye West and Pharrell, that
album was dope as hell.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Uhhh...Shoot Outs, Why, Welcome to D-Block, Bring You Down, Time's Up, Real Hip Hop, Still Feel Me...how has Jadakiss "never even
made a good album" with all those on here?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4187rQ3NBgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

nas-it_was_written%281%29.jpg

all-eyez-on-me-1995-2001-remaster.jpg

were ALL hoggin up da radio waves in 1996

610FsKntp+L._SS500_.jpg

even pretty tony went platinum that year

jay-z barely went gold if anything....he wasn't gettin play until he got on da nutty professor soundtrack with foxy brown.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Not unnoticed, but not even a fraction of the fanfare a Jay album gets. Not sure where your at Firepower, but in NYC it really was just another rap album. And even Jay was salty about not getting hometown love. Had it not been for "Ain't no .." we probably wouldn't be having this convo. 

Wish I still had my Westwood radio show tapes (I'm in the UK btw so I know you're going to say that doesn't even count
laugh.gif
 ) 

I should clarify that I'm in no way a Jay Z fanboy, it was merely another rap album for me as well -only reason I even got a copy is because a DJ friend of mine gave me a promo copy a few months before it released, but I do distinctly remember those songs gettingmajor play over here that year

...along with "put it in my mouth" 
laugh.gif

for the time RD came out,it definately has been overrated. That year there was just too much heat.

I'm not doubting you Firepower, just saying that album pretty much came and went. A lot of the younger members on this board (not saying you) find it hard to believe that the mighty Jay Z didn't come out the gate the way they think he did.

Ehhh, Kiss Tha Goodbye has a couple of nice tracks, but to me as a whole the album is very forgettable.

Back
Top Bottom