The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Nike will for sure do a much better job rolling out that new tech than adidas has with 4D & Speedfactory. Maybe they just started teasing us too soon before it was really ready to launch and they should have kept it closer to the vest.

The thing I'm most excited about though is the prospect of Speedfactories in adidas stores & being able to have shoes custom printed for your feet. But judging by this piss poor launch of 4D, we've gotta be a least a couple years away from a Speedfactory being accessible to most people.

Still obviously fiending for some Futurecrafts but the fatigue is definitely setting in

Nike will for sure do a much better job rolling out that new tech than adidas has with 4D & Speedfactory. Maybe they just started teasing us too soon before it was really ready to launch and they should have kept it closer to the vest.

The thing I'm most excited about though is the prospect of Speedfactories in adidas stores & being able to have shoes custom printed for your feet. But judging by this piss poor launch of 4D, we've gotta be a least a couple years away from a Speedfactory being accessible to most people.

Still obviously fiending for some Futurecrafts but the fatigue is definitely setting in
That is if there's anymore stores open...they just shut down a bunch of flagship brick and mortars. They're a mess.

That is if there's anymore stores open...they just shut down a bunch of flagship brick and mortars. They're a mess.

Yeah they're dropping the ball all over the place. Seeing Nike ramp it up so much over these past few months (partially as a response to adidas), I can only hope we see the same from adi 6 months from now. But they just seem to have their heads up their asses, even when they have a really good silo on their hands, they always seem to figure out a way to ruin it.

Yeah they're dropping the ball all over the place. Seeing Nike ramp it up so much over these past few months (partially as a response to adidas), I can only hope we see the same from adi 6 months from now. But they just seem to have their heads up their asses, even when they have a really good silo on their hands, they always seem to figure out a way to ruin it.
Historically they've f'd up nearly every silhouette they've hit on
Ultraboost: Knocked it out of the park with 1.0 then transitioning into 2.0 which people didnt hate but didnt enjoy as much aesthetically, then 3.0 which people started to dislike, now 4.0 which isnt even selling out on discount.
NMD: R1 was a hit, R2 was a major flop to the point where they went back to the R1, racer silo is struggling currently
EQT: 97/13 started off strong with turbo red black/white CW's but then they skimped on the material and that ship sailed fast.

I dont know what it is with adidas and them hitting it out of the park initially and then not understanding what made the silo popular

Ultraboost: Knocked it out of the park with 1.0 then transitioning into 2.0 which people didnt hate but didnt enjoy as much aesthetically, then 3.0 which people started to dislike, now 4.0 which isnt even selling out on discount.
NMD: R1 was a hit, R2 was a major flop to the point where they went back to the R1, racer silo is struggling currently
EQT: 97/13 started off strong with turbo red black/white CW's but then they skimped on the material and that ship sailed fast.

I dont know what it is with adidas and them hitting it out of the park initially and then not understanding what made the silo popular
think adi is still controlled by old men in Germany that are happy to rest on their legacy, which TBF is an impressive legacy but is not carrying them to the major revenue they have seen recently. That was done by the strong marketing by the American division

Hit it right on the head. They have the golden egg and always find a way to **** it up. Not to mention how much Nike has stormed back in response to Adidas doing so well last year. Adidas response? Just keep rolling out stuff we don't like. They'll need to find a nice balance between releasing the 4D tech and not oversaturating the market

I just want another pair of grey wool 1.0 UBs. Mine are ready to bottom out any day. If I was honest with myself, which I am not.....those are the only pair of sneakers I would really ever need. They go with anything and are super comfortable.

And the thing is the SPEEDFACTORY seems to be completed since January here in Atlanta, yet no word on what they are even doing inside? The number was 5k shoes will be produced in 2017, and 500,000 the next year. Doesnt look like thats happening at all. Plus we dont even have but ONE adidas store and its tiny and in a mall and doesnt even get every release.

And the thing is the SPEEDFACTORY seems to be completed since January here in Atlanta, yet no word on what they are even doing inside? The number was 5k shoes will be produced in 2017, and 500,000 the next year. Doesnt look like thats happening at all. Plus we dont even have but ONE adidas store and its tiny and in a mall and doesnt even get every release.

I think that 5k & 500k number was in reference to shoes w/ 4D midsoles from Carbon in general, not Speedfactory produced pairs specifically but I could be wrong. Regardless yeah it's been taking way too long to roll out.

This is hardly an adidas problem. Beside sig models, follow ups just don’t really stay popular anymore for any brand. Roshe 2, yearly air maxes, a thousand variations of fly knit frees and lunar epics, etc. Nike hasn’t even bothered releasing new trainers or racers because hype is so low for those now, they know they won’t sell very well. Racers are also a perfect example of a hyped shoe staying the same and losing all momentum because people get bored and move on. The MC racer was as hyped as any shoe in the world back then.

Most NTers don’t believe me and swear they just want the same thing over and over again but our buying habits say otherwise. It’s also funny how much dudes on here complain about new models like the deerupt or prophere cause that’s how these things work. Release new models and hope you have the next UB or R1 or Roshe or racer on your hands.

This is hardly an adidas problem. Beside sig models, follow ups just don’t really stay popular anymore for any brand. Roshe 2, yearly air maxes, a thousand variations of fly knit frees and lunar epics, etc. Nike hasn’t even bothered releasing new trainers or racers because hype is so low for those now, they know they won’t sell very well. Racers are also a perfect example of a hyped shoe staying the same and losing all momentum because people get bored and move on. The MC racer was as hyped as any shoe in the world back then.

Most NTers don’t believe me and swear they just want the same thing over and over again but our buying habits say otherwise. It’s also funny how much dudes on here complain about new models like the deerupt or prophere cause that’s how these things work. Release new models and hope you have the next UB or R1 or Roshe or racer on your hands.

What? lol. Trainers just released again this year, albeit not to the same hype levels as when Kanye was wearing them. But AM 1s, 90s, 93s, 95s, 97s, 98s, and 180s are going strong. particularly the 1s and 97s. 98s are making some buzz, but mainly because of the limited numbers. Regardless, people currently want them. One of the hottest shoes of the year was a 1/97 hybrid. And people are still buying Jordan's in copious amounts more than 30 years after they were released. Just because NTers aren't beasting over them, doesn't mean Nike or company X aren't making money with a certain model. Up until recently, most NTers wouldn't be caught dead wearing Monoarchs, but the dad shoe trend is hot right now. Regardless, Nike was making plenty of money on the model prior to the dad shoe trend catching fire. We're such a small segment of the overall consumer market and don't reflect the masses. Most people couldn't care less what's releasing tomorrow or next week. They're about what's sitting on the shelf that they can grab and take home with them that day.

What? lol. Trainers just released again this year, albeit not to the same hype levels as when Kanye was wearing them. But AM 1s, 90s, 93s, 95s, 97s, 98s, and 180s are going strong. particularly the 1s and 97s. 98s are making some buzz, but mainly because of the limited numbers. Regardless, people currently want them. One of the hottest shoes of the year was a 1/97 hybrid. And people are still buying Jordan's in copious amounts more than 30 years after they were released. Just because NTers aren't beasting over them, doesn't mean Nike or company X aren't making money with a certain model. Up until recently, most NTers wouldn't be caught dead wearing Monoarchs, but the dad shoe trend is hot right now. Regardless, Nike was making plenty of money on the model prior to the dad shoe trend catching fire. We're such a small segment of the overall consumer market and don't reflect the masses. Most people couldn't care less what's releasing tomorrow or next week. They're about what's sitting on the shelf that they can grab and take home with them that day.

I should clarify that I meant follow ups to new models, ie in the last 10 to 15 years. Pretty much every model you named is from the 90s And are classics so they have no problem selling. The occasional follow up like the 270 moves decent units but overall, they really don’t. And yeah the trainer did release but in its original form and cws and even then it was just a blip. Nike knows a “trainer 2” wouldn’t really be a landmark occasion.

Like I said, my original point is that people just don’t like iterations of the same thing anymore. Everyone’s always searching for the next big thing.

40681675-A605-48C6-8DE5-85180747454A.jpeg

So, how much we're looking into resale value? Not that am planning to get it from resellers, lol but just wondering, eh, another grand or so? Ridiculous!

Adi should GR them. Well, at least, the OG, right? So, everyone eats, lol!

I believe Adidas world wide brand is fine and doing very well but they continue to butcher their us market. Makes no sense.

So, how much we're looking into resale value? Not that am planning to get it from resellers, lol but just wondering, eh, another grand or so? Ridiculous!

Adi should GR them. Well, at least, the OG, right? So, everyone eats, lol!

A general release would be fantastic. Unrealistic, but fantastic. Of course those burgundy Kamandas where supposed to be a C.P. Company collaboration, but it doesn’t seem to be the case now. These however will be hypebeast fodder.

Was just gunna post this. crazy how they restocking these and the futurecrafts but they keeping these future crafts locked up tight lol.

Back
Top Bottom