The Adidas "Futurecraft"

Yeah, so Adams just dropped his video and further confirms these never dropped. He thinks they’re either being held for future release or were all given to employees. The total number of pairs was in the double digits so it’s potentially true.

I just hate that Addy more or less failed to acknowledge any of this and more or less lied about the entire thing. Also did the Arshram’s ever drop on Arshram’s web store? Didn’t the Kith blog mention they’d be on there today or am I missing something?

Bleh, what a waste of time and energy.

Never stop trying

These will never be GR quantities. It probably takes a few hours for each sole alone just to print

The ironic thing is that the concept behind the Arsham Futurecraft project is time, and we’ve literally wasted all of our time today waiting for a release that never happened :lol:

Last edited:
I spoke to someone in the priority chat who said it went live and sold out immediately... take it for what it’s worth...

These will never be GR quantities. It probably takes a few hours for each sole alone just to print

I was being sarcastic about the Inikis being GR, BUT these midsoles print a lot faster than that. The method Carbon uses is much quicker than older 3D printing methods. There was a slightly sped up video of it floating around somewhere a while back but one midsole prints in a matter of minutes I believe. There's really no valid excuse adidas can make for these being so ridiculously limited except they're trying to build 4D hype for the long term.

0EEAFAFA-7515-46BA-AB51-21C7C00DCCBE.jpeg

I didn’t mention Arshqm by name... just 4D runner...

I was being sarcastic about the Inikis being GR, BUT these midsoles print a lot faster than that. The method Carbon uses is much quicker than older 3D printing methods. There was a slightly sped up video of it floating around somewhere a while back but one midsole prints in a matter of minutes I believe. There's really no valid excuse adidas can make for these being so ridiculously limited except they're trying to build 4D hype for the long term.
It might be quicker then older technologies but that's not saying much at all.

We have the exact same carbon printer at worker and it still takes hours for much smaller samples than the midsole on the 4d

Point being, 3d printing is meant for prototyping. That's it. The intent is never full scale production and it's naive to think adidas would be able to do so with this.

Each carbon printer costs about 150k. And the platform is tiny. Even if it really does take a few minutes to print, it's nowhere near fast or efficient enough to produce enough to satisfy the masses.

Last edited:
It might be quicker then older technologies but that's not saying much at all.

We have the exact same carbon printer at worker and it still takes hours for much smaller samples than the midsole on the 4d

Point being, 3d printing is meant for prototyping. That's it. The intent is never full scale production and it's naive to think adidas would be able to do so with this.

Each carbon printer costs about 150k. And the platform is tiny. Even if it really does take a few minutes to print, it's nowhere near fast or efficient enough to produce enough to satisfy the masses.

Interesting, could have sworn the video I watched said it took around 15 minutes, I'll have to see if I can dig that up.

I did stumble upon this infuriating video though, especially the "mass manufacturing" bs at the end

Also I believe the whole light synthesis aspect of the "4D" material is supposed to speed up the process significantly.

In all honesty, adidas probably cleverly designed the sole so it all took 15 minutes. In the end, it's a pretty porous design.

Mass manufacturing is BS. That's the same stuff they tried to sell us on. Traditional molding techniques will always be superior. We bought a carbon printer strictly because of their proprietary resins, not the printing technology itself.

They have "engineering grade" resins that can withstand high heat and humidity and are supposed to mimmick traditional PBTs and Nylons.

Rambling over. I still really want a pair if any 4D model as I think it's cool that we have the same printer that produces this midsole.

In all honesty, adidas probably cleverly designed the sole so it all took 15 minutes.

Mass manufacturing is BS. That's the same stuff they tried to sell us on. Traditional molding techniques will always be superior. We bought a carbon printer strictly because of their proprietary resins, not the printing technology itself.

They have "engineering grade" resins that can withstand high heat and humidity and are supposed to mimmick traditional PBTs and Nylons.

Rambling over. I still really want a pair if any 4D model as I think it's cool that we have the same printer that produces this midsole.

Yeah it's really cool tech, just super annoying adidas isn't making more of it.

Yeah it's really cool tech, just super annoying adidas isn't making more of it.
Yeah man and let's be honest, that midsole design is gorgeous. That hue of mint green is dope too. Saw you had a pair of the originals, super jealous. Hoping that can be me soon!

:lol:

yeah, let's not pretend like any of the other uppers cost much more. the 4D soles probably dont cost that much either.

Adidas is pathetic. Sad release. Leave people hanging around when you could have at least sent an email 5 mins before release time. Or at least an email to let you know they sold out. It clearly says sign up for updates through newsletter. Where's my f×*#@ update. * my bad it says find out first about future collaborations......

Back
Top Bottom