The ALPHAPROJECT (aka. Jason Petrie) Appreciation Post!

haha hi hater! DC if you think you can do better come do it! I could care less if you like my work, but you don't know me, so how did I get to be a punkexactly??? Lol I tell you this much, punks hide behind message boards calling people names, so figure that one out for yourself... Give me a worthwhilecritique and then maybe somebody will take you seriously...

NT- I make shoes for all of us, and I'm working my *$$ off to stay true to the game, despite the haters and the sale racks! Thank you for the continuedlove and support... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and hopefully we can continue to create footwear that performs like no other, inspires you todream, and keeps you fresh all at the same time... Keep up the realness on this board, it just drives me to work harder!

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

QFT

Sounds like someone has a crush.
go play nintendo or something.
eyes.gif

all macho, unaffected bs aside, the talent is clearly evident
That's a subjective statement, as his talent is NOT evident. You and I do not have to agree on the talent level of some punk shoe designer, one whose shoes wind up on sales racks all over america.

I say he AND nintendo are both overrated, as well as your expertise on what's "clearly evident".
You are an IDIOT!!!!!! I know Alpha personally as well as many other shoe designers and have had many tell me that Alpha is one of, if not thebest in the game right now. Please enlighten me on what you have designed to even be able to speak on this man. You have no creditability at all its like somebum playing ball at the park saying he could school Lebron. Step your gameup B! You aren't even on the level to speak on Alpha ya bum!!!!! Keep buying shoes at Footlocker while Alpha creates the future!!!

Appreciated. I've been here since 99 and I remember the first sketches he posted and instantly fell in love with his designs (nh and no d riding). Dude wasnice. Inspired me to draw shoes all day in art class haha.

Keep it going man.

APPRECIATED TO THE FULLEST!
I was just reading the interview in SLAM KICKS #6 they did with Jason, back when he was designing for Fila... Keep it up Jason we're rooting for you!

Originally Posted by ALPHAPROJECT

haha hi hater! DC if you think you can do better come do it! I could care less if you like my work, but you don't know me, so how did I get to be a punk exactly??? Lol I tell you this much, punks hide behind message boards calling people names, so figure that one out for yourself... Give me a worthwhile critique and then maybe somebody will take you seriously...

NT- I make shoes for all of us, and I'm working my *$$ off to stay true to the game, despite the haters and the sale racks! Thank you for the continued love and support... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and hopefully we can continue to create footwear that performs like no other, inspires you to dream, and keeps you fresh all at the same time... Keep up the realness on this board, it just drives me to work harder!
I'm not worried about who takes me seriously here, trust that! However, it seems that you do take what people say here seriously, thus yourresponse. So thank you for proving my point
wink.gif

haha hi hater! DC if you think you can do better come do it! I could care less if you like my work, but you don't know me, so how did I get to be a punk exactly??? Lol I tell you this much, punks hide behind message boards calling people names, so figure that one out for yourself... Give me a worthwhile critique and then maybe somebody will take you seriously...

NT- I make shoes for all of us, and I'm working my *$$ off to stay true to the game, despite the haters and the sale racks! Thank you for the continued love and support... I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and hopefully we can continue to create footwear that performs like no other, inspires you to dream, and keeps you fresh all at the same time... Keep up the realness on this board, it just drives me to work harder!
I was wondering the same thing seriously. How do you call J.P. out like that when you dont know him as a person. Its almost laughable to evenread that if you REALLY knew him... He is a good person in addition to being a Good Designer. Jason's stuff that doesn't see the light of day isbetter than other Footwear competitors best offerings.

Having seen initial Renderings of even Product that HAS made it to Retail is amazing.

I guess dude has an axe to grind......

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

QFT

Sounds like someone has a crush.
go play nintendo or something.
eyes.gif

all macho, unaffected bs aside, the talent is clearly evident
That's a subjective statement, as his talent is NOT evident. You and I do not have to agree on the talent level of some punk shoe designer, one whose shoes wind up on sales racks all over america.

I say he AND nintendo are both overrated, as well as your expertise on what's "clearly evident".
You are an IDIOT!!!!!! I know Alpha personally as well as many other shoe designers and have had many tell me that Alpha is one of, if not the best in the game right now. Please enlighten me on what you have designed to even be able to speak on this man. You have no creditability at all its like some bum playing ball at the park saying he could school Lebron. Step your game up B! You aren't even on the level to speak on Alpha ya bum!!!!! Keep buying shoes at Footlocker while Alpha creates the future!!!

To address the assertion that I am somehow an idiot, fully comprehending your well penned, then well *thought out* retort, I would like you to point outwhere I stated that I am somehow involved in that business! Just as many here have an appreciation for this guy and his mediocre designs, those that don'tsell BTW, I as a consumer and then not some slurping fan looking for a *hookup*, am simply stating my opinion. I'll most definitely give credit wherecredit is due! However, here it is NOT due! You suggesting that I am somehow not on this guys level is even more absurd! Especially since I, the consumer, amthe one that he NEEDS to impress. So yeah, I might buy at footlocker, which I don't because they suck as hard as the fans of this overrated design legend,straight from the ranks of Niketalk.

Please
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I was wondering the same thing seriously. How do you call J.P. out like that when you dont know him as a person. Its almost laughable to even read that if you REALLY knew him... He is a good person in addition to being a Good Designer. Jason's stuff that doesn't see the light of day is better than other Footwear competitors best offerings.

Having seen initial Renderings of even Product that HAS made it to Retail is amazing.

Point is, many of you say that his designs are all that, right? But if the CONSUMERS do not agree, who is really right? I have no axe to grind, and myreference to punk was rhetorical, but made fact thru his response.

My dude why don't you just stay out of the thread if you have no appreciation for alphaproject or his designs, hence it being called alphaprojectappreciation thread. Its really that simple.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

He does it the best..and as for the Windmills.. You should have seen them before they were scaled back. I mean REALLY.. Those could have been last years Hyperdunks...
why must you tease
mad.gif

I was wondering the same thing seriously. How do you call J.P. out like that when you dont know him as a person. Its almost laughable to even read that if you REALLY knew him... He is a good person in addition to being a Good Designer. Jason's stuff that doesn't see the light of day is better than other Footwear competitors best offerings.

Point is, many of you say that his designs are all that, right? But if the CONSUMERS do not agree, who is really right? I have no axe to grind, and my reference to punk was rhetorical, but made fact thru his response.

DC - if you don't like his designs cool...everyone has an opinion...but no reason to call him a "punk"...i think that is what everyone, includingJason, is upset about. I like some of his designs and don't like others.....and that's ok...

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Point is, many of you say that his designs are all that, right? But if the CONSUMERS do not agree, who is really right? I have no axe to grind, and my reference to punk was rhetorical, but made fact thru his response.

DC - if you don't like his designs cool...everyone has an opinion...but no reason to call him a "punk"...i think that is what everyone, including Jason, is upset about. I like some of his designs and don't like others.....and that's ok...

I was not the only one who felt that this cat was overrated! I simply cosigned the gif, then one of his *fans* attacked! If you've read above, I statedthat the usage of PUNK was rhetorical! It simply shows how insignificant his position actually is in the bigger picture. If this guy and his *fans* cannot dealwith an honest critique, one that does not jibe with where they stand, then he and his crew had better get used to it! Barack Obama gets criticized daily, sowho in the heck is he to NOT be criticized??? Especially when he makes himself a public figure just because he designs *shoes*! The tag along with the releaseof the new LBJ model gives him credit over the whole line, which is not true! He wants to talk about being credible?????

Pleeeeeease!
laugh.gif
State that you had nothing to do with the LBJ line untilnow, then maybe I will take YOU seriously!

I'll give him this, he can draw pretty well!

Well Im not a hanger oner or looking for a hook. Petrie is a friend of mine point blank. So for me its not running to save his honor, but as jmizzo said if youdont like a guys designs.. thats cool... but what does Punk and rhetorical have to do with one another.. do you know the meaning of rhetorical my man?

Even I who has friends on Jordan and Nike dont like all their designs but only butt kissers would tell a dude EVERYTHING he did was the Beast.. but again.. forthose of us who have seen stuff from Concept know... when you see something at retail, its not always what the designer had in mind when he conceived theProduct. It evolves sometimes into something different..

But a guy does not become a punk because you dont like his designs.. or because he actually came on here and responded to your post.

Oh well. I guess you have strong fingers Darkie... all that Intellectual typin you do eh?

Originally Posted by jmizzo

DC - if you don't like his designs cool...everyone has an opinion...but no reason to call him a "punk"...i think that is what everyone, including Jason, is upset about. I like some of his designs and don't like others.....and that's ok...

I was not the only one who felt that this cat was overrated! I simply cosigned the gif, then one of his *fans* attacked! If you've read above, I stated that the usage of PUNK was rhetorical! It simply shows how insignificant his position actually is in the bigger picture. If this guy and his *fans* cannot deal with an honest critique, one that does not jibe with where they stand, then he and his crew had better get used to it! Barack Obama gets criticized daily, so who in the heck is he to NOT be criticized??? Especially when he makes himself a public figure just because he designs *shoes*! The tag along with the release of the new LBJ model gives him credit over the whole line, which is not true! He wants to talk about being credible?????

Pleeeeeease!
laugh.gif
State that you had nothing to do with the LBJ line until now, then maybe I will take YOU seriously!

WRONG!!!!! JP has been involved in the Lebron line previously. You have no idea how a multi billion dollar corporation operates!! Just like your job atMcDonalds there are other people involved in the process. So when you make a burger some one else may put on the ketchup and mustard. Much like at Nike and thecreation of a shoe.

Appreciated. I told myself I wouldn't buy another Lebron shoe again, but I just might have to break that promise with the Lebron VII.
laugh.gif

Keep up the great work dude; I knew someone as talented as Alphaproject HAD to be behind the Lebron VII, because the shoe itself is such a breakthrough interms of design compared to the other Lebrons (no offense to Ken Link)

Much respect for an NT legend
pimp.gif

Well, remembering some of his stuff from way back, I see just how dramatic the difference in design from concept to retail can be. Just witnessing, somewhat,his journey is enough to appreciate how it has culminated in the Lebron VII. Respect.

Well I'll respond once more, mainly to set the record straight. Obviously I am not the mastermind behind all of lebrons previous shoes, nor did I everclaim to be! Everybody knows Ken Link designed all those lebrons, although I tried to assist whenever he would let me. I would never take anything away fromKen's legacy, he is a good friend and mentor that I respect to the utmost. I don't write the copy for Nike's communication, so take that up withthem, somebody made a mistake, wasn't me...

As for critiquing, I am still waiting on a critique from the almighty consumer DC. Saying I am not talented isn't a critique, its just your opinion, whichis fine, but its nothing I can use to be a better designer. My main consumer is very happy with the finished product, and I hope anyone who buys this shoe issatisfied with their purchase- you don't have to buy it so why are you so salty? I don't know what happened to make you so unhappy, but I'd love tohear an honest consumer critique of the shoe, instead of my person. I have a feeling you can't really formulate a meaningful design critique so you areleft to insulting me personally... Fine by me, but you just make yourself look silly, as many have already stated... I think maybe that nike basketball thesedays may just not be your thing, and thats ok, hopefully you still buy nike!

Lastly, as far as sales racks, original jordans went to the sales rack back in the day, I bought the last space jam retro and many other nice j's off asales rack, so I don't understand how that reflects on me as a designer- and make no mistake, I got shoes on sales racks around the world, not just the US!lol I don't see that as a bad thing, gives folks with maybe not so much disposable income to get a pair of nice basketball shoes....

You obviously take me seriously enough to sit around all day hating on me in this thread, something must be bothering you... Do you need a hug fam??? I feelbad knowing someone has to go through life with such animosity over random strangers... lol

back to the lab...

i thought this was an appreciation post? making dude write these long %%@ responses to defend himself would not be appreciated if it was me!

Not much to add except Dark Chocolate = Jack Johnson. Remember him? Hater of all things Nike. ANd AP, thank you for bringing creativity back to shoe design.Takes me back to mid-90's and the innovation we saw then, just as Avar was coming up, when I see some of your stuff.

I was not the only one who felt that this cat was overrated! I simply cosigned the gif, then one of his *fans* attacked! If you've read above, I stated that the usage of PUNK was rhetorical! It simply shows how insignificant his position actually is in the bigger picture. If this guy and his *fans* cannot deal with an honest critique, one that does not jibe with where they stand, then he and his crew had better get used to it! Barack Obama gets criticized daily, so who in the heck is he to NOT be criticized??? Especially when he makes himself a public figure just because he designs *shoes*! The tag along with the release of the new LBJ model gives him credit over the whole line, which is not true! He wants to talk about being credible?????

Pleeeeeease!
laugh.gif
State that you had nothing to do with the LBJ line until now, then maybe I will take YOU seriously!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

38.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom