The Annual "How is Flo-rida successful ?" Thread

Was browsing youtube and saw that the "Club cant handle me" had 111 million views, "Good Feeling" had 90+ million, etc... 
Yet this dude albums stay flopping.  

Who's buying this dude singles off Itunes? Who's seeing him at shows?  Is it a woman thing?

I'm guessing that Money off of singles > Money off of album sales

On top of it all, he's seeing bread from the NBA, WWE, etc...

He's EVERYWHERE. Dude has found a lane (whether folks like it or not), and will be around for longer than most of these other rappers out today.

*Maybe illPhil can shed some light on this. 

^^^

HA!

You both answered the question. Dude found his lane and ran with it. Same thing Pitbull did.

People invest in artists when they buy albums. No one is investing in Flo as an ARTIST. But he makes catchy songs, just like LMFAO etc. So his singles MOVE.

Gets his show money. His club walkthroughs. I was at 2 Radio concerts last week for Pop stations that he basically headlined. He gets paid for those.

The TV/movie uses of his records. He gets paid for those assuming he's a writer on all these records. You never know.

And yes, it's a woman thing. This is the one thing about this forum that blows my mind. Dudes on here be like "who even listens to the radio?"

Well, MILLIONS of women do. I'm not out here bashing $%*! that's not even meant for me.

internationally dude is huge (pause) but you also have your pop chicks locally that love his dance music.

him and pit bull def. found a niche and eating good off it.

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

HA!

You both answered the question. Dude found his lane and ran with it. Same thing Pitbull did.

People invest in artists when they buy albums. No one is investing in Flo as an ARTIST. But he makes catchy songs, just like LMFAO etc. So his singles MOVE.

Gets his show money. His club walkthroughs. I was at 2 Radio concerts last week for Pop stations that he basically headlined. He gets paid for those.

The TV/movie uses of his records. He gets paid for those assuming he's a writer on all these records. You never know.

And yes, it's a woman thing. This is the one thing about this forum that blows my mind. Dudes on here be like "who even listens to the radio?"

Well, MILLIONS of women do. I'm not out here bashing $%*! that's not even meant for me.
Pretty much said it all.
Music licensing money. Crossover pop appeal. Radio eats the music up.

Now this "Whistle" single should be everywhere this summer following "Wild Ones."

I wonder how much he made off of Right Round

that song was like the theme music in The Hnagover movie......I know they had to pay him a grip

^^^

That's an interesting one. Because the writers shares would dictate how much he made.

The "you spin my head right round, right round" is from an 80's record by Dead Or Alive.

So they may have a big chunk of the writing credits. I don't know that for sure though. But that happens a lot when you sample popular records.

For a film and television usage, the film/tv company pay out on the master side (to the label) and on the pub side (to the song writers). So Flo would have only cashed out if he had a big chunk of the writing credits.

Which is also shared with the producer.

Little known fact. Ke$ha, the Pop singer, has a dollar sign in her name because she did the hook on that record and didn't make a dime off it. She about that money now I guess!

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

That's an interesting one. Because the writers shares would dictate how much he made.

The "you spin my head right round, right round" is from an 80's record by Dead Or Alive.

So they may have a big chunk of the writing credits. I don't know that for sure though. But that happens a lot when you sample popular records.

For a film and television usage, the film/tv company pay out on the master side (to the label) and on the pub side (to the song writers). So Flo would have only cashed out if he had a big chunk of the writing credits.

Which is also shared with the producer.

Little known fact. Ke$ha, the Pop singer, has a dollar sign in her name because she did the hook on that record and didn't make a dime off it. She about that money now I guess!

Yea Kesha said she was in the same building as Flo Rida and he heard one of her songs through the hall and was invited her to his session and she laid the hook down

Then the song blew up but at the time Kesha wasnt even out yet so I guess Flo Rida looked at it like she just some local chick why whould I pay her and give her feature credit
laugh.gif

That following year Kesha blew up
roll.gif

I could be wrong but I seen a interview and remember it being something like that

I swear, you dudes gotta live some enclosed, depressing lives if you don't realize why these types of dudes are on the radio all day long with millions of views on YouTube and everything. Nobody wants to hear Kendrick Lamar and Big KRIT talk about their life and struggles all day long on their commute to and from work and school, going out to parties and clubs, etc. You can listen to those dudes once in a while when your in the mood, but I'd rather hear something upbeat and with some energy when I'm going out somewhere. You dudes really aren't secure enough that you can admit that most of Flo-Rida's songs are catchy? That "Whistle" song is gonna be huge in a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I swear, you dudes gotta live some enclosed, depressing lives if you don't realize why these types of dudes are on the radio all day long with millions of views on YouTube and everything. Nobody wants to hear Kendrick Lamar and Big KRIT talk about their life and struggles all day long on their commute to and from work and school, going out to parties and clubs, etc. You can listen to those dudes once in a while when your in the mood, but I'd rather hear something upbeat and with some energy when I'm going out somewhere. You dudes really aren't secure enough that you can admit that most of Flo-Rida's songs are catchy? That "Whistle" song is gonna be huge in a couple of weeks.

Nah this isn't a "flo-rida sucks" thread...Trust me when I saw the title I was ready to go in because I agree with you, he makes good music and dudes that disagree on why he is successful are just straight haters..But I read the comments in the thread clearly and basically they are asking a good question...His albums don't sell but still he is HUGE so its like how does that happen? But Illphill and others pretty much straightened it out

Krit got bangers and anthems for days.

It's not pop though so it will never do the numbers.

Calm down. The music is good. BUT HE IS HORRIBLE

People who listen to his music ARE NOT BUMPING IT BECAUSE OF HIM!!!!!

They play his music because of the beats/loops he uses and the hooks/features

name one hit that he has where someone else is not featured doing the hook or he didnt straight up loop the beat because the original was already a Top 100 hit (i.e. Avicii Levels).........

dont worry ill wait

I respect Flo Rida and by all means get that paper but lets not act like people listen to his songs for him
laugh.gif

Yall better get use to it cause this is the rap model the industry is about to go with.

Its yallz fault too

june_muscle_cover.jpg

dude has a successful career in his industry that isnt easy, an he gets it in the gym

i dont care for his music, but i def respect what he does

gettin money, workin out, an im sure he got the cars and the hos too

i only know his radio stuff, or hear that stuff when im in a club

Seems like a pretty lucrative endeavor, some of you NT dudes might want to ditch traditional rapping and go this route
nerd.gif

The most over the top lie I have ever told was I told an ex girlfriend of mine that someone stole my pics and info and created a match.com profile. The relationship didn't last long after I said that (I wonder why) but we still joke about it to this day.

I know NT is filled with characters so let the stories flow.

Originally Posted by RedMan

The most over the top lie I have ever told was I told an ex girlfriend of mine that someone stole my pics and info and created a match.com profile. The relationship didn't last long after I said that (I wonder why) but we still joke about it to this day.

I know NT is filled with characters so let the stories flow.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Seems like a pretty lucrative endeavor, some of you NT dudes might want to ditch traditional rapping and go this route
nerd.gif

The thing is, that's basically what record companies have been telling a lot of rappers (and R&B singers), which is why hip hop is flooded with rappers attempting to be Pitbull/Flo-rida.

Back
Top Bottom