The Anti-Bullying Agenda

First off, if anything, the kids who do the bullying are the ones who grow up to have more issues as adults (on average).

Second, we should stop lumping all of "bullying" as the same thing. Some of it is natural and positive while some of it is crossing the line and indicative of a psychopath.

As far as verbal bullying, it can be difficult to counter. If some one is more quick-witted than you, and has more negative things they can say about you than you can say about them, then what are you going to do?

Back in 7th grade this girl used to go off on me every morning waiting for the bus, I used to try to come back at her but it would just pale in comparison to how she went at me. It wasn't that I couldn't defend myself, it just wasn't the same impact. I wasn't going to win.

But the key is to be a well balanced person with a solid social network, and friends that can back you up. Bullies target who they think is weak, if a kid hangs with the right people and has enough socially positive qualities, then he probably won't get messed with too hard, even if his comeback game is weak.

Gry60 wrote:And when Tim Jr breaks a couple of necks (literally), watch how Bully's mama and friends come out the woodwork talking about "he used too much force."

Bully moms are the worst, remember that video where those cheerleaders kidnapped and beat a girl to a pulp, the mom said "she shouldn't have been talking trash" 
laugh.gif

lil timmys mom is a juvenile defense attorney and she knows the "stand your ground" law in her state. 

It's not just kids that bully kids, it's adults that bully kids as well.

There's no good excuse for bullying. Standing up for yourself is good obviously, but that doesn't always stop the bullying, in fact it almost never does.

How about when kids shoot up a school? They stood up for themselves by saying #%@@ it now you guys all die.

Originally Posted by CherryRed

It's not just kids that bully kids, it's adults that bully kids as well.

There's no good excuse for bullying. Standing up for yourself is good obviously, but that doesn't always stop the bullying, in fact it almost never does.

How about when kids shoot up a school? They stood up for themselves by saying #%@@ it now you guys all die.
Thats not standing up for yourself, thats cowardice.

I went to public school up until high school and I was normal and pretty popular, I never had to deal with bullying. My parents taught me to always take a peaceful approach. 2 weeks into private single gender high school I start a beef with a kid who was already popular because I thought he was talking about me. Freshman year and sophomore year I get bullied (cyber too) and I wasn't even awkward, i had a lot of friends but it still hurt because I never dealt with it before. I tough it out and junior year I'm cool with most, we squash the beef and it's all good. The bullying affected my GPA, and even though it was pretty good I could've done better. All in all not everyone can tough it out, especially if you were raised to be non-violent with figures like Gandhi and King as your role models. I believe the anti-bullying agenda, although it goes against human nature (survival of the fittest) is correct. Today's American society has grown far too complicated for man to interact in the competitive fashion of dog eat dog societies. Yes, some kids are soft and alot of this has to do with genetic temperament and upbringing. In fact, I believe the softness of this generation is partially a spillover from the civil rights movement and 1960's. Prior to all social movements of equality all forms of bullying are accepted and even respected... There is no difference here, you may say the civil rights movement is a completely different situation, but is it really? Even after civil rights were established blacks still experienced social stigmatization similar to that of gays presently. Society is not going to toughen up, because we are evolving. The more complicated a society is, the more complex its relations become, we can't just go out and fight the "predator" because there's a network of consequences and morals to consider. In the animal kingdom "bullied" animals are either killed or ostracized permanently, period. Animals don't prolong the agony, humans on the other hand are sadistic and twisted.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i feel sorry for no one who let's themselves get bullied.... u posed' to learn to stand up for yourself....period, makes you a better person, it builds character.

So those kids who never learned how to stand up for themselves, its cool with you that they dread going to school every day because they know that theyll get picked on? Is that the type of society we really want?

Back
Top Bottom