^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

This movie opened down here in Australia on Tuesday. I went to see it yesterday it was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seeing all these characters together on the big screen was amazing.

SPOILERS! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FILM!
Spoiler [+]
When Thanos turned around after the credits with the mean trollface, I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Did you catch what was being said when Thanos made the trollface?  "To face them is to court death."  Great little reference for the nerds

But anyway, this movie was pure excellence, just a ridiculous amount of action, so much fun.  The dialogue was not corny or campy as I had feared.  At least 4 stars out of 5.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

This movie opened down here in Australia on Tuesday. I went to see it yesterday it was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seeing all these characters together on the big screen was amazing.

Spoiler [+]
When Thanos turned around after the credits with the mean trollface, I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Did you catch what was being said when Thanos made the trollface?  "To face them is to court death."  Great little reference for the nerds

But anyway, this movie was pure excellence, just a ridiculous amount of action, so much fun.  The dialogue was not corny or campy as I had feared.  At least 4 stars out of 5.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ Yeah... The regular Filipino moviegoer is easy to please. Just throw a decent love story in there and you'd make a lot of money.
laugh.gif
Just put some slow piano music on any scene they talk, a really strict dad with a deep *#% voice and a jet black mustache, and have the main girl get into car slow motion car accident near the end.  
Extra brownie points for bea and john lloyd.

^ Yeah... The regular Filipino moviegoer is easy to please. Just throw a decent love story in there and you'd make a lot of money.
laugh.gif
Just put some slow piano music on any scene they talk, a really strict dad with a deep *#% voice and a jet black mustache, and have the main girl get into car slow motion car accident near the end.  
Extra brownie points for bea and john lloyd.

Haven't seen the film but I do agree about his one con about the film in his review in general concerning bad guys in super hero movies. There has to be a believable element where you think the bad guy can win and given the suggestion in the review I'm surprised they didn't do that when that has been done in comics tons of times with that character specifically.

Haven't seen the film but I do agree about his one con about the film in his review in general concerning bad guys in super hero movies. There has to be a believable element where you think the bad guy can win and given the suggestion in the review I'm surprised they didn't do that when that has been done in comics tons of times with that character specifically.

laugh.gif

Still can't over how bad "Skyline" was... even if i did get to watch the movie for free as well.
sick.gif

True 
laugh.gif

Throw in some song/dance number by the beach and it's all good!

laugh.gif

Still can't over how bad "Skyline" was... even if i did get to watch the movie for free as well.
sick.gif

True 
laugh.gif

Throw in some song/dance number by the beach and it's all good!

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If you haven't seen the movie yet its for you to be the judge. This movie did a good job with the bad guy element imo. Theres only but so much you can do with a 2:15 hour movie. that your trying to appease the audience for their favorite super heroes.
The only super hero movie where i felt the bad guy could win is Blade... lol
Bad guys lose.... and unless there is a movie where it is a definite that there will be a,  to be continued...

In avengers case you have 8 major roles, trying to appease Kids, diehard comic nerds (as myself), and the casual movie goer.
You appease these people with the heroes (for atleast the first go around)   2nd movie can be.. a bad guy wins type movie. (I think GI JOE will sort of be like that) and as Transformers 2 did.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If you haven't seen the movie yet its for you to be the judge. This movie did a good job with the bad guy element imo. Theres only but so much you can do with a 2:15 hour movie. that your trying to appease the audience for their favorite super heroes.
The only super hero movie where i felt the bad guy could win is Blade... lol
Bad guys lose.... and unless there is a movie where it is a definite that there will be a,  to be continued...

In avengers case you have 8 major roles, trying to appease Kids, diehard comic nerds (as myself), and the casual movie goer.
You appease these people with the heroes (for atleast the first go around)   2nd movie can be.. a bad guy wins type movie. (I think GI JOE will sort of be like that) and as Transformers 2 did.

Originally Posted by ravenclaw67

laugh.gif

sick.gif

dude, if you're in the habit of generalizing Filipino moviegoers then you'll be surprised with that review.
though i have to agree with you in that there are some kababayans who enjoy overly-sappy love stories in films
Noted. Yeah, I know we have good Filipino movie reviewers as well. Just not going to read that review until I watch the movie. Might have too many spoilers.
EDIT:  Like I was saying. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I think that review gave away too much.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ravenclaw67

laugh.gif

sick.gif

dude, if you're in the habit of generalizing Filipino moviegoers then you'll be surprised with that review.
though i have to agree with you in that there are some kababayans who enjoy overly-sappy love stories in films
Noted. Yeah, I know we have good Filipino movie reviewers as well. Just not going to read that review until I watch the movie. Might have too many spoilers.
EDIT:  Like I was saying. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I think that review gave away too much.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Cinemark Announces Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon[/h1][h2][/h2]
Customers Can Enjoy Six Movies Featuring Avengers Characters, Back-To-Back, For Only $20

PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK - News), one of the world’s largest motion picture exhibitors, announced that on Thursday, May 3, 2012, for one day only, 25 Cinemark locations will host the Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon, featuring six Marvel Movies back-to-back for one low price. The $20 admission will allow movie-goers to see five Marvel Avengers films leading up to a midnight screening of the new film The Avengers.

“Fans across the country have been waiting anxiously for the new Avengers movie to be released, and Cinemark is adding to the excitement by offering this Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon,

Customers Can Enjoy Six Movies Featuring Avengers Characters, Back-To-Back, For Only $20

Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK - News), one of the world’s largest motion picture exhibitors, announced that on Thursday, May 3, 2012, for one day only, 25 Cinemark locations will host the Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon, featuring six Marvel Movies back-to-back for one low price. The $20 admission will allow movie-goers to see five Marvel Avengers films leading up to a midnight screening of the new film The Avengers.

“Fans across the country have been waiting anxiously for the new Avengers movie to be released, and Cinemark is adding to the excitement by offering this Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon,

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Back
Top Bottom