The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

Hes so sick down the stretch, its like he warms up the first part... and its not like hes slow either in that part lol he just flips a next gear and moves
Yea it's crazy to see when it's usually the opposite for most sprinters. Had a good example of that contrast with his teammate Brown who had a hell of a start up until the corner and final stretch where he faded away while De Grasse upped his gear.

Doesn't always have the strongest starts but he finishes stronger down the stretch than anyone.

Damn didn't realize Brown, Rai Benjamin and De Grasse all ran for USC :lol:

Allyson Felix did too, program is stacked :sick:

sadly they won’t

people who would struggle to do a single proper push-up or a pull-up got the nerve to talk shh about someone literally putting their life on the line.. if something were to go wrong during one of her routines the risk is THAT real

notice the same people ain’t cryin about Novak and his recent tantrum

Related to this, I just remembered that it wasn't that long ago that Piers Morgan walked off a live TV broadcast and then quit his job becasue a co-worker called him out for being an ******* about Meghan Markle. The nerve at this dude to go at Simone for being a "quitter" :smh: Hypocrite d-bags might be the worst kind of d-bags.

Related to this, I just remembered that it wasn't that long ago that Piers Morgan walked off a live TV broadcast and then quit his job becasue a co-worker called him out for being an ******* about Meghan Markle. The nerve at this dude to go at Simone for being a "quitter" :smh: Hypocrite d-bags might be the worst kind of d-bags.

This a married man

Baseball has been popular there for a long time, they actually have the 2nd best league in the world behind the MLB with the NPB, i'm not a baseball fan but my friends that are tell me NPB would be a higher level than minor leagues

this might sound really out of touch but how did japan get so good at baseball considering that baseball is supposed to be “americas pastime”? is there any good reads on japan and the game of baseball?

Baseball has been popular there for a long time, they actually have the 2nd best league in the world behind the MLB with the NPB, i'm not a baseball fan but my friends that are tell me NPB would be a higher level than minor leagues
Adding on to this, Baseball is Japans most popular sport and has been played there professionally since the 1920s. MLB has been getting a steady influx of Japanese players every year since Hideo Nomo in the 90s so it’s not too crazy to think that the Japanese national team should be able to compete on a world stage.

culturally, the high school baseball tournament that happens every year is like the Super Bowl of Japan. It’s where dudes like Daisuke Matsuzaka become legends. I would love to go and attend someday.

^^^
Also for the folks saying "Well, the best US players aren't in the Olympics because MLB..." it goes the same for Japan as well (Ohtani, Darvish, etc). That's why I've always believed the WBC is an underrated event and MLB has been sluffin in promoting it. The full Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Japan teams are CRAZY. The level and electricity of international team sports > domestic, with the exception maybe being the NBA.

The WBC should be the "World Series".

Facts. Advertising for the '23 WBC Finals should be nothing short of: "The Real World Series."

Japan beat S. Korea earlier, so it looks like the US will have to play the KBO All Stars tomorrow in the Semi-Finals. Keeping an eye on 22-year-old Lee Jung-hoo, who has been showing that he likely could hit in any damn league in the world.

Last edited:
It would be dope if the MLB could pause for a few weeks to allow players to play in the WBC. I know it will never happen but if we hadguys like Trout, Ohtani, Vladdy jr playing in the tourney, I would be glued to my tv

Japanese baseball league is official. Real deal. My regret was not being able to score tickets to a Tokyo Giants game when i was there. The atmosphere at their games looks crazy, and their concession stands are wild.

This is the guy who helped that Belarus sprinter's husband escape to Ukraine
francis.png

Wow. belarus is savage. Also the second line says the police are treating the murder as suspicious. I would hope they treat all murders that way.

Back
Top Bottom