The best Steve Nash shoe?

So my zoom mvp x's have been worn for a good 8 months and they're starting to lose traction and the collar is starting to tear... i'm looking for anew pair of basketball shoes, and i've decided to get the steve nash models, because i like lows and he's one of my favorite players.

Out of these 3 shoes, which one do you recommend?
-Zoom BB II low
-Zoom MVP
-Hyperdunk low

Seeing as I just finished with the MVPs, I'd like to try something new, and I'm interested in the BB IIs. Are they similar to the Zoom Brave II? Thatwas my dream shoe, but in the end I couldn't get it b/c it was too expensive, but both have that low/mid cut, full length zoom and a padded collar (?). Ialso heard the hyperdunk lows were terrible.

So which one is the best pick?

I played in the BB Low and the Zoom Brave I.

The Zoom Brave I is just average. It's a solid shoe, but it's not spectacular or anything like that. The cushioning setup starts to feel a littleweird, at least it did for me, almost like the heel and forefoot were at different heights.

It's not on your list, but other than the BB Low, the Zoom Drive is an awesome shoe. Both are difficult to find. I think the first BB Low is one of thebest lows period, an awesome performance low top.

I would stay away from anything with lunar, so I wouldn't get the Hyperdunk low. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Try the MVP again or go for theBB low.

Thanks for the replies.

KenJi, I looked into the cradle rock, but I didn't really like the styling, it seemed a little too casual/skateboarding like for me.

Deezy, I also looked into the Zoom Drive, but it's such an old shoe that I can only find them in giant used sizes on ebay. I'm trying to decide betweenthe first BB low and the BB II low, do you know if there are any key differences? I want to try something different from the MVP, it's just a thing i havewith using different shoes. Also, how do the BB low (1 and 2) shoes run? I'm a 9.5 in the MVPs, but I can wear a 10 in those also.

10 should be fine in the bb1 lows, might be a lil roomy in the 2's though. Personally the 1's are a way better shoe. I have both and my 1's arebeat while my 2's are just a casual shoe now, didn't find them particularly great in any area other than have more room in the forefoot.

The BB2 lows don't have full-length zoom. They only have heel zoom. I'd get the BB1 lows if I were you.

Yeah, certain models don't have zoom in the forefoot for the BB II Low.

I only wore my BB II lows casually as well. The first ones were great because they were really minimal, but I think the uppers on the BB II low were much moresubstantial and thicker, maybe by request from Nash?

I don't think the II Lows would be terrible, but the first ones were great.

I have flat feet with a pretty wide toebox, not wide enough to call for wide shoes though, so I think the BB II might be a better choice. I tried the mid on atchamps a couple months back (its still 89!) and it fit pretty well... just forgot if it was 10 or 9.5.

And on Niketown, it says its got "Minimal midsole with full-length Zoom Air unit for close to the ground, responsive, stable performance", but Ithink I would trust your guys' word over Nike's, they screwed up on other shoes as well.

But Deezy, do you know if the blackouts have full length zoom?

The all black low tops? Probably not. This might not be accurate, but I don't think any of the general releases had full zoom, I think only the PE'sthat were released had full zoom. Even that may not be true.

I gotta echo the Zoom Drive's or BB1's. You probably won't find them anywhere though, sorry. But they're the best all around  guard oriented shoes Nike's released the past half decade. I'm not big on the MVP's though I've heard court feel is good. Does anyone remember the Nike Zoom Motions that were released in a very limited quantity? I wanted a pair of those so bad!

there was no zoom in the uptempo motions.Nike zoom drive was good but if you have a wider foot you might want to stay away.I liked the fit of the zoom bb1 low over the zoom bb 2 low.Nike zoom brave wasnt nash's shoe but it is one of my favorites but if you can look up the zoom brave 2.I had heel issues with the zoom mvp's.I havent had a chance to pick up the cradle rocks yet.

Thanks for all the replies guys

I've narrowed down my next shoe choice to these:

-zoom bb1/bb2 low (bb1 lows i think i saw for sale on niketalk, bb2 lows on ebay)
-hyperdunk low (only in a steve nash pe)
-wade 1.3 (i like the well padded collar, but only in black/gold or xmas day)
-kobe v make sense (only dark knight color or another good colorway)
-nike kd2 (still waiting for good color, USAB)

the zoom bbs are probably going to be the hardest to get, just b/c they're older (i'm going for the bb1s), and the hyperdunk low probably won't be released in a nash PE, so it's the last 3 for me i guess. but which one is the closest to the Brave II? I've been trying to get a shoe similar to that ever since I tried it on. If not out of these 5, which Nike shoe?

zoom bb 2 low DOES NOT have full length or even forefoot zoom.
over the summer or sometime last year someone did a dissection
and there was only zoom in the heel. Overall a good shoe though
but BB1>BB2 without a doubt, I have both a nd prefer the BB1s

So apparently the kobe make senses are an asia exclusive... and the nash pe hyperdunk lows are too limited.

i guess it's down to the bb1 low, kd2 or wade 1.3. i'm still looking for a bb1 low for a good price.

I'm a 9.5/10... a 9.5 in zoom mvps, and a 10.5 in kobe ivs

thanks for helping me

there is a 9.5 zoom drive on eBay...

but I would vote BB1. My personal all-time favorite playing shoe.

thanks for looking for me

it's $110 after shipping though... and i don't really have that kind of money to spend on shoes.

I've taken another look at the hyperdunk low and it does look tempting, it's down to that or the KD2 i guess.

thanks everyone for the replies

Back
Top Bottom