The Bicycle Thread

My first bike purchase:
060527DA-3282-4D8D-853E-45A658440E35.jpeg

I love how light it is

When I tell you I'm outta shape and this kicked my tail. 😬🤦‍♂️

Gonna try to make a habit of this every Sunday afternoon. This tire around my waist, no bueno. 🙃

*EDIT* Thought it would be clear that this was mountain biking. It would be hard to even stay upright on a road bike only averaging 5.2 mph.

Screenshot_20230430_230037_Connect.jpg

20230430_184648.jpg

When I tell you I'm outta shape and this kicked my tail. 😬🤦‍♂️

Gonna try to make a habit of this every Sunday afternoon. This tire around my waist, no bueno. 🙃

Screenshot_20230430_230037_Connect.jpg

20230430_184648.jpg

4MILES TOOK ALMOST A HOUR… SHEESH😬.

IM OUT OF SHAPE AND IVE DONE 10 MILES IN 53MIN.

Those tyres must weigh a ton.

And what is that thing sticking out behind the seat? How many days were you camping for?

living on the edge with those spinergy joints!
I don't really get TOO aggressive so they don't see a ton of impact. I barely get maybe 3-4 feet on a few jumps. I just love spokeless. I have some bulkier carbon spokeless rims on my other Super V. I'll post that later. 🤙

And what is that thing sticking out behind the seat? How many days were you camping for?
Look, I keep a tonne of stuff in there. I get headaches a lot soooo Tylenol, bike tool, spare tire, tire levers, insect repellant, first aid kit, I throw my phone in there, headlight, tail light, small pump, 4th hand tool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 😂

and that's a lot of tylenol?

I carry all that stuff - but it goes in my back pocket.

and that's a lot of tylenol?

I carry all that stuff - but it goes in my back pocket.
You carry a small pump and insect repellant in your back pocket?

People love giving hell to those who have any sort of bag attached to their bike. I don't get it. 🤣 You don't like having a bag, you think that's camping, think that's too much? Cool. Don't have a bag. 😂🤙 It's one of the stupidest dynamics in the bike community, bags vs no bags.

I don't really get TOO aggressive so they don't see a ton of impact. I barely get maybe 3-4 feet on a few jumps. I just love spokeless. I have some bulkier carbon spokeless rims on my other Super V. I'll post that later. 🤙

i have a set of the tubular road version and every shop i take them to gives me the epic failure warning, the front has a delaminated spoke on one side and the shops won’t even touch it 😮‍💨

You carry a small pump and insect repellant in your back pocket?

People love giving hell to those who have any sort of bag attached to their bike. I don't get it. 🤣 You don't like having a bag, you think that's camping, think that's too much? Cool. Don't have a bag. 😂🤙 It's one of the stupidest dynamics in the bike community, bags vs no bags.
You can fit a lot of stuff in a Jersey pocket. I carry a multitool, two spare latex tubes, two c02 canisters, phone, gels, tire levers, patch kit, and I’m probably forgetting something.

bags are cool too though if that’s your thing.

Most of it is in jest but a big saddle pack like that must do funny things to your handling.

I used to have a small one with tools etc in it - but because I've got 7.5 bikes it got to be a pain moving it around. I use this thing now instead - it fits in my middle pocket and has everything I need - tools, pump, tube, patch kit, gloves, mini lights, cable ties... That leaves my other 2 pockets free for my phone and food etc. I've done a few centuries carrying just that and don't worry about being miles from home.

2023-05-02 09.01.57.jpg

2023-05-02 09.02.17.jpg

The only thing not there that Ska has is bug repellant and sunscreen - but you know, Scotland, neither are needed really. I apply sunscreen leaving the house and that's all I need in the summer. I have been meaning to get a few sachets of suncreen I could keep in that pouch for if I forget but not got round to it.

You can fit a lot of stuff in a Jersey pocket. I carry a multitool, two spare latex tubes, two c02 canisters, phone, gels, tire levers, patch kit, and I’m probably forgetting something.

bags are cool too though if that’s your thing.
Absolutely. And I definitely have jerseys with back pockets, and I have MTB shorts with angled pockets that zip up. Both are super convenient and they definitely hold everything really well. I just don't want to wear my tubes and bike pump and everything. I prefer having it all on my bike somehow over having it all on... me. :smile:

But like you said: if that's your thing, if you like jersey pockets, rock on. Least we're biking. 🚲🚵‍♀️🚵‍♂️

Most of it is in jest but a big saddle pack like that must do funny things to your handling.

I used to have a small one with tools etc in it - but because I've got 7.5 bikes it got to be a pain moving it around. I use this thing now instead - it fits in my middle pocket and has everything I need - tools, pump, tube, patch kit, gloves, mini lights, cable ties... That leaves my other 2 pockets free for my phone and food etc. I've done a few centuries carrying just that and don't worry about being miles from home.

2023-05-02 09.01.57.jpg

2023-05-02 09.02.17.jpg
Ok that lil thing is amazing (not what she said). I'm pretty sure I have that same exact multi tool.

Yeah, I’ve had that tool for ages. It’s got more than most with the chain tool so worth the slight weight penalty. I carry a few quick links but it’s handy to be able to remove a broken link if necessary.

Haven’t actually tried it on 11 speed so I probably should…

So I was on the fence about getting a 29er BMX bike to work out with. I have a Trek 29er XTC 1 already but wanted a bike like I had back in the day. Then I seen this and it was a fair deal with the mag wheels and I love the raw metal look. Should be here this weekend.

SmartSelect_20230515_201744_Chrome.jpg
GT_Mando_Bunker_003_reflective_copy_54b017ac-9b1f-4b12-8c49-4750c14609f9.jpg

from my personal experience for the price as a general around the neighborhood, light trail riding, etc. it’s perfectly fine.

Dicks isn’t always the best at putting bikes together, so YMMV there. Sometimes you’ll get a really good mechanic and someone’s you’ll get someone who just knows enough to put it together but might not shift very well. They also tend to get the lower tier bikes.

Now for bigger mountain bike trails, I’d be just a tad more careful, but as long as the bike is put together well and you aren’t going crazy, it will run you just fine.

Back
Top Bottom