The Bicycle Thread

Finally got around to setting up my indoor trainer
20201217_182052.jpg

Finally got around to setting up my indoor trainer
20201217_182052.jpg
What's the verdict?

GCN did a race. Looks kind of fun but also intense. Never road a Peloton so perhaps it is a normal race but I still like how you use a real bike.

Copped a bike, Cannondale Quick, for urban riding in August. Maybe 150 miles in and I've broken 4 spokes already :smh: I told the shop its gotta be a defective rim for that to happen so many times. I've ridden bikes all my life and can probably count how many times I've broken a spoke before this bike. Even babied it after my first broken spoke...

I geek out on those building a bike vids. Makes me wanna put together another fixed

Real talk, it's not that difficult. Besides getting the headset pressed in and the steerer tube cut, the rest of the bike can be put together by my own hands.

F3F380AB-0211-4FB0-AA98-526C464FDA91.jpeg

Did a double loop of my normal ride today.

It's always a good idea to bring something in case you bonk. My go to is a banana and a granola bar.

Been getting some good rides in lately.

Joshua Tree > Bay Area

483725C3-6DAA-49CE-B580-654923ED77F1.jpeg

A17C8796-0DD2-4CA3-A269-561AC5799561.jpeg

AC8DF321-D599-4FA6-871A-2E1DC61BD759.jpeg

Merry Xmas NT Fam!

I should downvote this for pics of the non-drive side :smh: ....

Naw i'm playing :lol:

That Orbea is :emoji_fire:

E731DC50-13DB-4681-AF54-C26D4624FD70.jpeg
66A939F1-3CB8-4979-BFD4-0E681B87457B.jpeg
Rode the other day

Is that Jarritos cap from an actual bottle? :rofl:

Real talk, it's not that difficult. Besides getting the headset pressed in and the steerer tube cut, the rest of the bike can be put together by my own hands.

It's always a good idea to bring something in case you bonk. My go to is a banana and a granola bar.

Is that Jarritos cap from an actual bottle? :rofl:
:lol: good eye

yessirrr

im running this top cap to give my bike some extra pizzazz

Anybody here uses their phone as a GPS instead of a Wahoo/Garmin cycling computer?

How do you guys mount it on the bars/stem? I'm seeing that Quad Lock is the most popular choice

Anybody here uses their phone as a GPS instead of a Wahoo/Garmin cycling computer?

How do you guys mount it on the bars/stem? I'm seeing that Quad Lock is the most popular choice

I have a Quadlock setup and it’s solid. Peak Design just came out with a setup too but it’s not out yet. I will say I think the Quadlock is a tad pricey for such a simple invention but it works perfect for my phone and bike. Also it’s not bulky too. The case is decently slim when not mounted. Totally recommended though.

^ i understand what you're saying, it should be like $30-40 max. But the way i see it, i don't have to spend $300 on a Wahoo. I'm gonna have to buy a new phone tho, cause there's no case available for my old Pixel 2.

On another note, new stem and seatpost arrived. Gonna see why Thomson components are so highly regarded.

PXL_20201228_223207464.NIGHT.jpg

Thomson components are solid, I went with Zipp stuff instead to save some cash. They will hold their value for resell if you ever change your mind. I traded my Thomson seat post for a zipp stem, seat post and Ritchey handlebar. Just to switch things up for fun. No noticeable difference.

Went for a 24mile ride to burn off some Christmas calories.

44C0DFDD-3B9E-49BC-B352-313EAB0B6A64.jpeg

LOL man I just dont care sorry lol. My pics usually trash anyway.

Yea my homies Orbea is cleannn. Maybe one day I will have a bike that nice. At the mean time I will just burn all my homies on a cheaper bike I built. Getting ready to cash in on some carbon wheels though. :blush:

Thomson components are solid, I went with Zipp stuff instead to save some cash. They will hold their value for resell if you ever change your mind. I traded my Thomson seat post for a zipp stem, seat post and Ritchey handlebar. Just to switch things up for fun. No noticeable difference.

Went for a 24mile ride to burn off some Christmas calories.

44C0DFDD-3B9E-49BC-B352-313EAB0B6A64.jpeg

What's the rise/drop on that stem? Looks hella aggresive.

LOL man I just dont care sorry lol. My pics usually trash anyway.

Yea my homies Orbea is cleannn. Maybe one day I will have a bike that nice. At the mean time I will just burn all my homies on a cheaper bike I built. Getting ready to cash in on some carbon wheels though. :blush:
Beating someone on a sprint on a "lesser equipped" bike always gets the best reaction :lol:

I honestly want another track bike before a road bike, but that new Wilier caught my eye. It's a gunmetal grey, but it has an irridescent effect on some bits.

What's the rise/drop on that stem? Looks hella aggresive.

It looks terrible!

There’s no reason for that much negative rise if you have an inch of spacers. It would look much cleaner with a horizontal stem and no spacers - and the bar position would be practically the same.

I’ll admit it does look ridiculous. It’s a 25 degree 120mm stem. I had a more straight stem prior but noticed a hairline crack on the face plate. Ordered another stem but USPS slow af.

Sold my Bianchi still got the specialized if anyone is interested willing to make a deal great condition also have the clip pedals available, just might need some bar tape as its worn/faded.
Need the space for the big bike to be stored indoors once the front end is completed :lol:

DD31EBE4-0040-4B84-81D6-53536E78C495.jpeg
C2477E33-CF00-4AFB-884C-14284985E76C.jpeg

Got a carbon wheelset. Went with ~35mm due to where and how I ride. I will probably invest in some deeper dishes in the future.

Does anyone else run the GP5000? Are they always this hard to put on? Definitely the hardest tire ive put on, Did it by hand but not without a struggle. Could be because the wheels have a shallow channel

Pretty much done with everything I want to do. Pluses would just be Carbon Drops, Carbon Stem, and a wahoo.

IMG_4874.jpeg

Sold my Bianchi still got the specialized if anyone is interested willing to make a deal great condition also have the clip pedals available, just might need some bar tape as its worn/faded.
Need the space for the big bike to be stored indoors once the front end is completed :lol:

Yz450? What year? I used to ride a 125 smoker but found a plated KTM 350 that I’m in love with currently.

What’s the details on the specialized? Size/model?

Back
Top Bottom