The Bicycle Thread

Anyone hip to any other brands out there? I am not in the market for another bike but it is cool to see other bikes in the market. I have some buddies that are knee deep into biking and they all sort of tell me you sort of get caught into buying a ton of stuff.

I dig these Canyon cyclocross bikes. If I lived in less of an urban area, I would totally get these kind of bikes.

full_2021_inflite-cf-sl-6_bk-tq_2778_P5.png

full_2021_inflite-5_mc_2655_P5.png

haven't owned a bike in about 6 years(an old fixie I bought off a coworker). looking to get a new bike mainly for commuting and exercise/leisure on the weekends. Any Surly owners on here? seems like the local bike shops around me stock several models of surly(not sure if they physically stock, or are just dealers). I've always had my eye on the cross check but didn't know if that was too expensive for my intended use. Wish I got a bike before the pandemic, seems like the bike shortage is real and most places don't have stuff to try out and test ride in store.

haven't owned a bike in about 6 years(an old fixie I bought off a coworker). looking to get a new bike mainly for commuting and exercise/leisure on the weekends. Any Surly owners on here? seems like the local bike shops around me stock several models of surly(not sure if they physically stock, or are just dealers). I've always had my eye on the cross check but didn't know if that was too expensive for my intended use. Wish I got a bike before the pandemic, seems like the bike shortage is real and most places don't have stuff to try out and test ride in store.
Not sure about the model you pointed out but if you still want a fixie their steamroller is highly praised

I have a bunch of bikes:

Trek road bike - mine is 11 years old and is now my wet weather road bike. It’s been good. Like any big manufacturer they have issues with QC - but their move to T47 bottom brackets should help that. My alloy one has been good - just the paint getting shabby now. Really all that’s left is the frame and bars - changed everything else as it wore out

Shand custom steel road bike - basically perfect as it was hand made locally.

Cannondale ‘cross bike: good fun but I wouldn’t buy any other one. I couldn’t find anything with exactly the right spec so settled on this - the main issue is really sloppy tolerances - particularly the pressfit BB. I’ve changed it for a thread together type but even that isn’t great.

Genesis single speed ‘cross bike: this is my winter commuter and it’s been great. Been through like 6 winters now and just needs a new chain and cog every couple of years.

Stolen 24” bmx: great fun for messing about on.

Piece of junk: just for going to the shops and stuff.

I’m thinking of getting a decent folding bike - can’t see me using public transport any time soon and I travel a lot so that would help. Don’t want to spring for a Brompton but a local place does a decent looking one for like $400 - they do a really cheap version but it’s single speed and steel but a little more gets you an alloy 5 speed that would be more useful.

Which bianchi do you have? Im looking at getting a road bike but I was to get an endurance frame and not a race one because I want to do longer up to 100 mile rides.

41B0AAF6-200A-4C03-951D-20224FBEFFBE.jpeg
First ride on the bianchi

Man, I want take the Bianchi on on longer rides, but it is so ****ing swelteringly hot outside right now. I honestly can't stay out for longer than 20 min each time because the weather is just miserable. Gonna have to start waking up even earlier to get somewhat better weather lol.

6584D3E5-6A2E-4CB8-A2AA-3509349A5F31.jpeg

via nerone
Damn 100 miles? I wonder if I’d get bored on that long of a ride
What are you going to do about your peddles? Someone called me out for not having a thing. I guess it was more of a statement. Still wondering if I should go clipless, or get clips. I really don’t want to spend money on shoes oddly. Even riding with nothing seems fine but it’s like I am doing it wrong.

I have some Shimano hybrid pedals, because I almost always wear sneakers, but I have the clipless side for the very rare occasion I wear bike shoes.

Buddy posted an elevation gain of almost a 1/2 a mile. I get excited with an elevation gain of a few 100 feet. 😂😬🤷‍♂️

Really had to push myself to knock this out tonight. Been working since 5 this morning, and hopped on my bike at about 7:00 p.m., already drained from work with my knees and ankles killing me. Trying to lose 20 pounds, though.

Bruh it HURTS.

20200711_212517.jpg

what app is this?

Man, I want take the Bianchi on on longer rides, but it is so ****ing swelteringly hot outside right now. I honestly can't stay out for longer than 20 min each time because the weather is just miserable. Gonna have to start waking up even earlier to get somewhat better weather lol.

where you live at? i can guarantee it's not as bad as south florida

when I went for my ride it was in the 90s I prefer heat to cold.
Sunday was like 100 so instayed

What are you going to do about your peddles? Someone called me out for not having a thing. I guess it was more of a statement. Still wondering if I should go clipless, or get clips. I really don’t want to spend money on shoes oddly. Even riding with nothing seems fine but it’s like I am doing it wrong.

I hate those clip pedal/show combo. I feel restricted.

I honestly was going to throw my mountain bike pedals on there and buy new pedals for the mountain bike lol.

it’s kind of nice having a nice wide pedal, plus the mountain bike pedals are pretty grippy as well.

the pedals on the bianchi now are some cheap plastic ones

Back
Top Bottom