The Bicycle Thread

That Scott addict is nice and the color! I like the Foil as well but until I can get better flexibility I'll have to stick with more if an endurance geometry. I love the Scotts with the tan saddles!

Ultimately just realized that mechanical ultegra is fine. It’s not like I’m racing, so I didn’t feel like spending money for a pro level components or frame for the type of riding I’m doing. Anything above what I got is just a flex for any enthusiast.

So decided to pass on the Tarmac SL7 and went with a new Scott Addict RC 30. Realized I didn’t want to spend the extra money for Di2 and was able to get it for 3600. I’m super excited.
Not my picture, just for reference.
E1DBB83D-03FC-4CC3-94A0-2A4D5428DF70.jpeg
Bro that bike is 🔥🔥 the SL7 is nice but at this point Specialized just has the luxury of charging whatever the **** they want.

Imo a lot of other brands are starting to bring way more to the table for your dollar. Great choice. Also you could easily get di2 in the future. But if you’re just casually riding and training this bike will be all you need.

Good idea. Also allows you to put the money saved towards other cycling gear if you want.

Aside from upgrading to a carbon frame, going from the Sora group set to the regular Ultegra was a big difference to me. The way Ultegra shifts is just so much smoother and effortless.

A nice set of carbon wheels from the money you saved will be a nice upgrade.

I always say investing in a good frame and wheelset is where all the money should go. Components can always be had and upgraded with deals.

5299EC48-1237-4933-8D33-1D880662717E.jpeg
Been riding a Specialized and wanted something different. Ordered a Super73 Z1 and it came in this week. Hella fun e-bike. Goes about 20mph and has 15-20 miles of range. Fun bike to just cruise around the bike paths and trails.

I've slowed down on riding since it's winter. I mean it's not like sever winter conditions but I am not a cold person at all. So I think it's been like 3 weeks or so since my last ride which means I am sort of setting back to terrible cardio conditions again. I also still have a love hate relationship being clipped in. I haven't noticed that much better improvements on my rides aside from just being more paranoid at stop lights and what not. It does feel more secure once you are clipped in so when there is long rides with no stops, it feels great but city riding can be a total pain.
I had stopped riding on my commute due to cold as well and felt a way about saying "it's too cold". One morning on my way to work at a stop light a dude about 70 pulls up next to me on a bike smoking a cig :frown: felt like a whole ***** and been cold riding since. :lol:

Last edited:
Took it for its first ride today, wanted to get a feel for it before I go get a bike fit.
Love it after one ride.
5DF6717B-DDA6-4AC8-A4D5-477342EA094A.jpeg

FTR picture wasn’t planned, had to stop to use the phone.
This sir is very fire. Frame might off just got on my short list of frames I will look at in the future to replace my current one.

Lol I don’t know man, this morning it was 34 here when I started riding and that’s not taking the windchill into consideration.
Haha some toe covers and wind breaking gear and you good fam. When I was in Joshua tree it was in the 30s and sunny. Windy tho. So I get it you need a little cold gear.

PNW not only is it cold and windy, it’s wet and snowy depending where you are. No sun in sight some days 🥲. I’d love to be back in the bay tho or SoCal riding right now.

My cold gear did well today, I was layered up. Funny though, as soon as I stop riding I start sweating. Gotta keep that chapstick on me on rides though my lips be getting dry AF. I don’t know how I’d fare in the PNW, i don’t like riding when it’s wet.

Gotta do the bike fit before you cop the bike 🤦🏽‍♂️
Why? I spoke to Scott and they recommended a medium frame based on my measurements. Bought it online because the bike I wanted was extremely hard to find, picked it up in another city and brought it home. Going to go get a fit at my LBS. I don’t see the issue.

Why? I spoke to Scott and they recommended a medium frame based on my measurements. Bought it online because the bike I wanted was extremely hard to find, picked it up in another city and brought it home. Going to go get a fit at my LBS. I don’t see the issue.
Naw youre good fam. Tons of people get bikes within the ball park then get fitted. Its almost impossible right now to get fitted to a specific bike before buying one.

Bike fitting just dials in your specific bike to you. Doesnt mean thats the ONLY way the bike should fit. Based on youre fitting you should be able to mimic future bikes to your Scott.

Btw, what led you to the Scott? I rarely think of them when I shop for bikes. Looking at their frames, I think ive been sleeping .

Not that you did it wrong, but i've read articles online about getting a fit done first before buying a bike.

That way, you don't have to spend more on new handlebars/stem since those 2 cockpit items affect your comfort on the bike.

That way, you don't have to spend more on new handlebars/stem since those 2 cockpit items affect your comfort on the bike.
I def get that but from what I know, at least the brands I have looked at or purchased, they dont let you change those two from factory anyway. Chances are they are standard builds, so you almost always gotta cut your loss. Unless you get it through a dealer. I could be wrong though, I've only bought one bike new and helped a few folks.

I def get that but from what I know, at least the brands I have looked at or purchased, they dont let you change those two from factory anyway. Chances are they are standard builds, so you almost always gotta cut your loss. Unless you get it through a dealer. I could be wrong though, I've only bought one bike new and helped a few folks.

Really? They don't let you choose handlebar width and stem length? 🤔

5299EC48-1237-4933-8D33-1D880662717E.jpeg
Been riding a Specialized and wanted something different. Ordered a Super73 Z1 and it came in this week. Hella fun e-bike. Goes about 20mph and has 15-20 miles of range. Fun bike to just cruise around the bike paths and trails.
How tall are you, looking to cop when I'm asked to report back to the office, but at 6'3" not sure if its too small.

How tall are you, looking to cop when I'm asked to report back to the office, but at 6'3" not sure if its too small.
Are you committed to that bike or are you open to suggestions? I’m 6’2” and ridden a few contenders in the Ebike market.

Really? They don't let you choose handlebar width and stem length? 🤔
Like I said from the limited times ive purchased a bike as well as getting one for the wife and helping a few friends, no. But maybe when you buy something above a certain price point they do? Lol.

Like I said from the limited times ive purchased a bike as well as getting one for the wife and helping a few friends, no. But maybe when you buy something above a certain price point they do? Lol.
Usually you can. For example Canyon has atleast in europe 30 days after receiving your bike where you can exchange your stem or handlebar for free. Maybe have to pay postage to send your old one back etc. Differs maybe for brand to brand.

Back
Top Bottom