The Biden-Harris Administration | The White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even so, American consumers are feeling the impact of elevated gas prices at the pump and in their home heating bills, and American businesses are, too, because oil supply has not kept up with demand as the global economy emerges from the pandemic. That’s why President Biden is using every tool available to him to work to lower prices and address the lack of supply.

Ok? The political thread is like the NBA thread. This thread is basically a team thread during a lottery season
Ok, cool.

This thing is, I could be mistaken, but aren't you banned from the political thread?

I thought threads to circumvent bans were not allowed.

The political thread was created to encompass most political discussions.
Ninjahood tried the same thing after he got banned. Making other political threads he claimed with a different focus, but those got clipped because it was clear he was trying to get around a ban.

So I'm surprised this one is being kept open.

Stuff discussed in here couple easily go in there.

If Meth sees value in having this thread open too. Then cool, just doesn't seem like it is anything unique being discussed though.

But I guess it is whatever. I have no issue with the thread existing really.

I don't think any of the articles in here have been posted in the other thread. I try to post from mostly liberal sources and hardly make any commentary of my own. You can easily just ignore the thread rather than dry snitching for it to be locked when a mod has already come in here and decided to leave it open.

The Biden burden: low approval ratings, soaring inflation and a COVID-19 culture war

Most political analysts would agree a large reason Joe Biden won the White House last year was because of centrist voters, both Republicans and Democrats, who were exhausted by the tumult of the previous administration.

In the face of a raging pandemic, political upheaval and overwhelming unemployment, Americans were looking for calm, confident and competent leadership.
Yet 10 months into Biden's presidency, his approval rating has plummeted to a new low of 38%, according to a USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll released this month.

Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he has done worse, not better, than they expected.

Everywhere we turn, criticisms of Biden's leadership abound. Global supply chain challenges exist along with historic levels of inflation, including skyrocketing prices for gas, food and other goods. And the COVID-19 culture war about masks, vaccination mandates and travel bans continues.

While there have been wins for the Biden administration, including the signing of a $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure deal and the lowest jobless rate level since 1969, polls show he's in a dogfight heading into his second year in office and midterm elections.

Biden administration focuses on booster shots as best strategy against new coronavirus variant

The Biden administration is focusing on booster shots as a key weapon in efforts to protect the nation against a potentially dangerous coronavirus variant even as the extent of the threat remains unclear, according to three senior administration officials familiar with the plans.

A group of senior health officials had a call with South African scientists Sunday to understand the latest about the new variant and to help inform next steps, according to two of the senior administration officials, who, like the third official, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal discussions.

In an update on Sunday, the World Health Organization said it is still too early to know whether the new variant, dubbed omicron, is more transmissible than the delta variant. There remains little understanding about the severity of illness caused by the variant and the rate of hospitalization. Scientists in South Africa, where the variant was first identified, said they expect more breakthrough cases in people vaccinated against the coronavirus.

In about a week, researchers could have a better indication of how well vaccines protect against the new variant. But the Biden administration is already moving to urge as many Americans as possible to receive booster shots in coming days as the best means to protect against omicron.

That campaign is likely to involve messages urging people to get boosters and efforts to make sure the shots are available in as many locations as possible.

“The vaccinated people, the thing that we know for sure is that when you boost someone who’s been vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, you increase the level of neutralizing antibodies extraordinarily high - many fold higher than even the peak following the first two doses,” Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser, said in an interview with The Washington Post.

Real HAN behavior being demonstrated right now. Thread is about the Biden administration.

The-Memes-Flow-and-LeSnitch-Trends-After-Lebron-James-Loses-1280x720.png

One thing the Biden-Harris administration has opened my eyes is how close a lot of black folks teeter the line to Republicanism.

I don't think any of the articles in here have been posted in the other thread. I try to post from mostly liberal sources and hardly make any commentary of my own. You can easily just ignore the thread rather than dry snitching for it to be locked when a mod has already come in here and decided to leave it open.
How it is dry snitching?

I am not a mod, I have no control over what they do. I have no influence on NT

They have all the info I stated already. So nothing I do or say will effect the trajectory of this thread.

I already said I don't care what happens to the thread. I have zero interest in seeing it locked.

Relax

Meh, I banned from there from time to time. Mods and banning make sense. They keep obvious troll and ban people who call them out. Guess it helps with clicks to keep the trolls 🤷🏽‍♂️ they also keeps racists and peeping Tom’s on deck too just because I guess

One thing the Biden-Harris administration has opened my eyes is how close a lot of black folks teeter the line to Republicanism.
LOL

Did the latent homophobia and performative religiousness not give you a clue?

Republicans could win elections by appealing to the conservative leanings of religious minorities if they got rid of their racism. At the same time, the children of the Dixiecrats, now Republicans, could go back to the Democratic party for the social benefits and stay for the Third Way ideology that supported dog-whistle politics like stop-and-frisk and the crime bill.

I just hate this two-party system. We can do much better than this.

Older, religious Black voters in the south certainly lean conservative with their views on a lot of social issues.

That said, they still reliably vote to support the Democratic Party.

Older, religious Black voters in the south certainly lean conservative with their views on a lot of social issues.

That said, they still reliably vote to support the Democratic Party.
Is this why you support pedos and want to control womens privates?

LOL

Republicans could win elections by appealing to the conservative leanings of religious minorities if they got rid of their racism. At the same time, the children of the Dixiecrats, now Republicans, could go back to the Democratic party for the social benefits and stay for the Third Way ideology that supported dog-whistle politics like stop-and-frisk and the crime bill.

ranked choice voting so you don't have to go for the lesser of two evils always.

that will never happen though. Biden won't even do anything with voting rights let alone change it. "we can out organize republicans" foh

LOL

Youngkin had Black folks I know hitting me up asking if I knew about dudes policies. Old and young.

All he had to do was talk like he had some sense and appeal to everyday people and he washed Terry. I expect this formula to hit blue states heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom