The big 3 just don't get it, nobody wants American cars.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

The only reason why american cars have stayed here for so long is because police, ambulance, etc etc are keeping them in service....now if they were only smart enough to have camrys or accords as police cars, then we can save money on gas too.
taxis are making the switch to japanese models

and if foreign automakers start selling commercial vans...

i drive a pontiac g6..i like it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Irony anyone?
[h1]Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money[/h1]
  • Lawmaker: Flying jet to hearing like going to "soup kitchen in high hat and tuxedo"
  • Rep. Brad Sherman asked CEOs whether they would fly back commercial

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just saw this story too. These guys get the
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Yep.. I am a Chevy guy myself, but for the family vehicle I am def. going import.

pimp.gif

me2

ima keep my 89 caprice til it blows up, then ill just put another engine in it lol. but for a daily driver ive been looking into a older year civic or accord
pimp.gif

^
laugh.gif
I'm Mexican and I'm a Chevy man myself when it comes to trucks and sports cars, but for more economical automobiles I would go with an import.
I still love my '02 Silverado though.

My family got an 03 Impala back in 02. I really like the car and realy enjoy driving it, but after driving my friend's new Camry and another friend'snew Altima (4 door), the Impala is garbage. American car companies need to take the bankruptcy route. Yes people will lose jobs. But you know what, better thata few suffer now. Then us continuing to support mediocrity and then wanting more bailout money 10 years from now. Because it is us who will be providing themwith money.

Charger, Camaro, Challenger
pimp.gif
But seriously the interior for most American cars are dooo dooo. Most are not good on gas also. There really isnt any sellingpoint for buying an American car.

I know I'm part of the millions who rather buy a Accord or Altima over a Malibu or Taurus

Indeed. Wifey is looking to buy a new car within the next month. She's stuck on getting a GM cause that is what she has drove all her life and that iswhat her family has drove as well. I'm trying to tell her to switch over to a foreign car like me (Maxima
pimp.gif
) but it seems like she's pretty much stuck on getting a Pontiac G6
sick.gif
. I told her that if she gets a Pontiac that I'm not going with her to helpher buy the car or even go on a test drive with her, your on your own babe. I realized at that point that it's pretty much pointless for the Big 3 to askfor a bailout cause honestly nobody cares about the Big 3 or wants anything to do with their products. No sense in putting money into a bottomless pit.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I have another question though...so where will they find this money from???
I believe they want 25billion of the grand 700billion the gov't is gonna use to bail out the banks.

I honestly cannot comprehend owning a Pontiac G6 over an Accord, especially given the price points of each.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I believe they want 25billion of the grand 700billion the gov't is gonna use to bail out the banks.
that would be the most viable option imo but then u got henry paulson saying "what are u talking about, i need all that money" forwhatever backdoor deals he's probably already promised to his friends on wallstreet, so hes suggesting that congress come up with new legislation so thatthey can probably be blamed completely, i even heard from some analysts of the possibility of it being included as "pork-barrel" spending within somekind of legitimate spending
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I honestly can't think of a single American car that I would own. I wouldn't let a single one pollute my garage. Awful designs, cheaply made, etc.THey're finally getting what they deserve.

Oh, and
Saturn Sky? Nobody should be buying a four-cylinder "sports" car anyway

elise/elise SC/exige/exige 240s? I think someone missed a memo there...

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Saturn Sky? Nobody should be buying a four-cylinder "sports" car anyway.

You really don't know much about cars do you?

The Saturn Sky is a roadster... Almost all roadsters come in 4 Cylinder (see Mazda Miata and Honda S2000).

The premise of a roadster is a small lightweight convertable vehicle. You drop a larger/heavier engine into it and you no longer have a roadster.

Essentially, Detroit's asking for $25 billion out of the $700 billion allocated for the bail out. Legislators won't pass it though because otherindustries will start wanting to be bailed out. Everyone's going to suffer some how. We haven't seen the worst yet.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

that would be the most viable option imo but then u got henry paulson saying "what are u talking about, i need all that money" for whatever backdoor deals he's probably already promised to his friends on wallstreet, so hes suggesting that congress come up with new legislation so that they can probably be blamed completely, i even heard from some analysts of the possibility of it being included as "pork-barrel" spending within some kind of legitimate spending
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I mean all together how are they going to raise that 700 billi?
laugh.gif
and pardon my ignorance but who is Henry Paulson? Name sounds familiar...

Back
Top Bottom