The big 3 just don't get it, nobody wants American cars.

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Seriously.

Mustangs, Impalas, Malibus, Solstice > Over-rated noise-makers from Korea.

CEO's and Greedy Union is what really destroyed the U.S. Auto Industry.

Period.

I crush Civics with little lights underneath and dragons on the side with my Impala SS.

Goodnight on that note.
Trying to justify American>Japanese cars by you smoking Civics with a Impala
roll.gif
Idiot

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Than (then?) why are they coming to Washington with tin cups in there hands? Like I said earlier, we are not bailing out the big 3 Japanese or the big 3 German, we are bailing out the big 3 American.
German automakers (including GM-controlled Opel), parts manufacturers in Canada, Renault in France and others have asked their respectivegovernments for aid in the form of loans. (American auto makers are supplicating the feds for loans.) The European Union is contemplating aid to thetune of 40 billion euros for manufacturers that don't maket in the U.S. such as Renault, Peugot, and Fiat; but also for Volkswagen and other marks withstrong U.S. presence. Domestic manufacturers created many of their own problems, but this financial crunch is being felt globally.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

SMH this thread has become an Import vs Domestic debate....

Seriously? I don't even see how there can be a comparison...

Imports > Domestics for two decades now...

Catch up people...
not related to the topic but is that your Type-R?

Originally Posted by Jehul

Even if dudes are getting paid 75- 78 dollars, I bet my whole life savings, NOT EVERYONE is making that in the union. 75- 78 dollars wages usually goes to people that have been at the company with seniority .
Wrong. The $75-78 figure is the AVG figure, which means the cats you mentioned with seniority get paid more than that amount
eek.gif
(Paying people by seniority and not based on efficiency is probably helped get the car makers to where they are at no but that's another story
laugh.gif
)

85f257ce0ca2c8aad6a3281111e27c33d3a2b97.jpg

Anyway, $75 comes out to about $150K per year for the AVERAGE UAW union member. Mind you that these are 2006 figures and the listed averages are probably all higher than what is depicted above. To sum it up these Pillsbury doughboys are caking (especially when you think that some of these dudes CONTINUE to get paid if a factory shuts down and the Big 3 can't fire them...$150K/annum to sit on your rear-end = priceless).

Here's a thought: How about the unions tighten they belt before they ask for help? How about reducing compensation so that it mirrors that of the Japanese? Maybe people would have sympathy for these dudes and not see them as simps tryin to run game on taxpayers

There are no raises for UAW workers based on senority. A worker with one year senority makes exactly what a cat with 30+ years makes . . . the $150,000includes all available benefits - healthcare, tuition assistance, eyewear benefits, tuition benefits for employees with kids in college, etc. - UAW workers seeabout $45-50,000 a year.

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Than (then?) why are they coming to Washington with tin cups in there hands? Like I said earlier, we are not bailing out the big 3 Japanese or the big 3 German, we are bailing out the big 3 American.
German automakers (including GM-controlled Opel), parts manufacturers in Canada, Renault in France and others have asked their respective governments for aid in the form of loans. (American auto makers are supplicating the feds for loans.) The European Union is contemplating aid to the tune of 40 billion euros for manufacturers that don't maket in the U.S. such as Renault, Peugot, and Fiat; but also for Volkswagen and other marks with strong U.S. presence. Domestic manufacturers created many of their own problems, but this financial crunch is being felt globally.
was coming in here to say the same thing....and I'm an import guy....but GM and Ford have been stepping up their game its just they got caughtin the bubble popping before they could get there stuff together and move units...can't say the same for Chrysler

Originally Posted by atransta

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

SMH this thread has become an Import vs Domestic debate....

Seriously? I don't even see how there can be a comparison...

Imports > Domestics for two decades now...

Catch up people...
not related to the topic but is that your Type-R?

No, but I have a 2000 Phoenix Yellow Type-R....

I just really liked the picture, Type-R with the Statue of Liberty in the background...

If thats not beauty I don't know what is....
grin.gif

Dude who takes those pictures, I think his name is Alexander, don't know if thats his Type-R or not...But he takes alot of really nice shots when it comesto cars...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

been diggin the Honda Ridgeline lately though

Honestly, I love Honda and all but I always felt that truck bit off the Escalade EXT....

Just saying...

As far as Japanese trucks, I feel like Toyota has the crown....

Oh, no doubt it was a bite.... but the EXT cost 50% more than the Ridgeline.

..but the trunk in the truck bed?...awesome

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Seriously.

Period.

I crush Civics with little lights underneath and dragons on the side with my Impala SS.

Goodnight on that note.
roll.gif
Idiot

I bet you have a dragon painted on your car.

Anyway, on to logic.

Asian carmakers have gotten lazy since their so-called "dominance", and all that supremely-built ego that was touted for so long is slipping, andfast.

Minus you kids with your wound-up noisemakers, the general consensus of many car, testing, and consumer satisfaction magazines is that quality has gone down inforeign cars. Toyota especially.

I'll give credit where credit is due, Honda is picking up.

But so is Ford and GM. Problem here is that you guys are all looking at the monetary problems and entirely missing the product.

But, whatever.

Too many young dragons on this site huffing NOS to even get the point home, so this arguement is a moot point.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Saturn Sky? Nobody should be buying a four-cylinder "sports" car anyway.

You really don't know much about cars do you?

The Saturn Sky is a roadster... Almost all roadsters come in 4 Cylinder (see Mazda Miata and Honda S2000).

The premise of a roadster is a small lightweight convertable vehicle. You drop a larger/heavier engine into it and you no longer have a roadster.

What the hell was the AC Cobra?

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Seriously.

Period.

Goodnight on that note.
roll.gif
Idiot

I bet you have a dragon painted on your car.

Anyway, on to logic.

Asian carmakers have gotten lazy since their so-called "dominance", and all that supremely-built ego that was touted for so long is slipping, and fast.

Minus you kids with your wound-up noisemakers, the general consensus of many car, testing, and consumer satisfaction magazines is that quality has gone down in foreign cars. Toyota especially.

I'll give credit where credit is due, Honda is picking up.

But so is Ford and GM. Problem here is that you guys are all looking at the monetary problems and entirely missing the product.

But, whatever.

Too many young dragons on this site huffing NOS to even get the point home, so this arguement is a moot point.

You're making yourself look mighty ignorant...

I'm interesting in seeing your sources about the "general consensus"...

Generalizing FTL, your tone is abusive, you mad?

Noise makers? Are you serious?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by Jehul

Even if dudes are getting paid 75- 78 dollars, I bet my whole life savings, NOT EVERYONE is making that in the union. 75- 78 dollars wages usually goes to people that have been at the company with seniority .
Wrong. The $75-78 figure is the AVG figure, which means the cats you mentioned with seniority get paid more than that amount
eek.gif
(Paying people by seniority and not based on efficiency is probably helped get the car makers to where they are at no but that's another story
laugh.gif
)

85f257ce0ca2c8aad6a3281111e27c33d3a2b97.jpg

Anyway, $75 comes out to about $150K per year for the AVERAGE UAW union member. Mind you that these are 2006 figures and the listed averages are probably all higher than what is depicted above. To sum it up these Pillsbury doughboys are caking (especially when you think that some of these dudes CONTINUE to get paid if a factory shuts down and the Big 3 can't fire them...$150K/annum to sit on your rear-end = priceless).

Here's a thought: How about the unions tighten they belt before they ask for help? How about reducing compensation so that it mirrors that of the Japanese? Maybe people would have sympathy for these dudes and not see them as simps tryin to run game on taxpayers

There are no raises for UAW workers based on senority. A worker with one year senority makes exactly what a cat with 30+ years makes . . . the $150,000 includes all available benefits - healthcare, tuition assistance, eyewear benefits, tuition benefits for employees with kids in college, etc. - UAW workers see about $45-50,000 a year.

There are no raises for UAW workers based on senority. A worker with one year senority makes exactly what a catwith 30+ years makes
- Well then thats news to me. I didn't know that all workers take home the same paycheck

the $150,000 includes all available benefits - healthcare, tuition assistance, eyewear benefits, tuition benefits foremployees with kids in college, etc. - UAW workers see about $45-50,000 a year.
- Let's not forget the portion of that compensation that goes to the UAW union in the form of "dues". Also, how are Toyota/Nissan/Honda (whomanufacture here in the States) able to offer their workers on avg $50K less and still stay competitive? I think tax payers (who in some parts of this countrymake on avg. $30K/yr) wouldn't feel about chipping in to save the auto-industry if they saw everyone in this industry make cutbacks themselves (i.e. CEOsflying commercial; UAW workers taking $5K-10K pay cuts, etc). Otherwise they are going to blow through the $25bill and be back next Christmas for more.

The Japanese government artificially keeps the Yen low relative to the USD. They intervene in the currency markets regularly (so do a lot of other countries).
It considerably helps the Japanese Auto manufacturers.

They need to get the freakin unions out of the car industry. They are the ones messing up everything.

The quality of American cars have improved no doubt, maybe even to the extent their quality is on par with Japenese cars. Point blank: its still an Americancar. No one wants a new Malibu or Impala as their first car, or a new car. When your balling after getting a nice job, you go for luxury and with that in mind,comes BMW and Mercedes. If you want an economy car, first thing in mind is a Honda Civic or Toyota Camry. No one wants American cars period, even if theirquality is very good now, everyone still dreads how they were in teh past. Its a little too late for American cars to make a comeback.

And to the guy who is calling imports noise makers and NOS users and whatnot, thats not all imports. That is such a whack generalization. Theres a scene in theimport world where people mod their cars, cause thats what they love. Id like to see you take your Impalla SS against a modified Supra, EVO, STI etc etc.Making slow/moderate powered cars fast = love, fun, and passion for some people. Whats the fun in having a fast automatic car? Who can jam the gas harder andsmoother?

Well a lot of people will lose their jobs in the next year due to the cutbacks. Problem with american cars are that they consume ridiculous amounts of gas.Just imagine the aPick up consumes about , what 13-16 liters of gas per 100 km. And most people just use pick ups as family cars, then again an Audi or Benzfamily car A6 or Eclass consume about 6-9 liters of gas per 100 km. Thats a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom