The Black Nod in Corporate America Appreciation Post

Appreciated. I always get pissed off when I see another black person at work and they don't give me the nod, I don't know why this bothers me

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by LB81986

some of ya'll be taking advantage of the nod though. i used to cashier and black ppl always try and get in my line, after my light went off, then toss me the head nod, like its all good...
eyes.gif

you suppose to look out dunny WE ALL WE GOT!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Even going to a top 20 school for undergrad this was the norm.

Appreciated
pimp.gif

Word. Go to top university and use "the nod" quite frequently
pimp.gif
. But it sucks when the recipient is lame and either doesn't return the nod or returns it in an awkward way that lets you know they don't understand its significance. 
30t6p3b.gif

I feel its even less browns in corporate America

and Im not talking about those peeps that look white enough that they forget they speak spanish...or them cats that feel cause they made it dont recognize other.

Talking about thos real fellas... the Jose and Arturos....Luis and Pedro

thise fellas... we need to do better

Originally Posted by LB81986

some of ya'll be taking advantage of the nod though. i used to cashier and black ppl always try and get in my line, after my light went off, then toss me the head nod, like its all good...
eyes.gif
So damn true!
laugh.gif

I'm a cashier now and these dudes be acting like we family and $%#@!

Negro, I don't know you.

But still,
smokin.gif
@ this thread doe.

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Even going to a top 20 school for undergrad this was the norm.

Appreciated
pimp.gif

Word. Go to top university and use "the nod" quite frequently
pimp.gif
. But it sucks when the recipient is lame and either doesn't return the nod or returns it in an awkward way that lets you know they don't understand its significance. 
30t6p3b.gif
yep
football players at my school think theyre too good for the nod.

whole time though everyone gets this "nod" ... its the "i dont really know you but want to keep it cordial" nod ...

I was a black male pre-med/science major at a top undergrad-there was no one to give the nod to
laugh.gif

It used to be only black folks with the nod, but nowadays Arabs, Hispanics, and old white men also engage in the nod with me. However when it is with another black person it feels special
smile.gif

Funny, I was walking in a store in the hood snd an older white dude was walking by with his kids that were all dressed like 2004 rappers/skateboarders and he looked at me and we gave the "what up" nod to each other. God I love living in a reality where I don't care about race(even though I know most still do).

First day on the job today and I got the nod from a supervisor.

Dude followed it up with the long convo.

Turns out he ended up switching my region so I could avoid a racist town I was originally being sent to.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

I feel its even less browns in corporate America

and Im not talking about those peeps that look white enough that they forget they speak spanish...or them cats that feel cause they made it dont recognize other.

Talking about thos real fellas... the Jose and Arturos....Luis and Pedro

thise fellas... we need to do better

What does this even mean
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I was a black male pre-med/science major at a top undergrad-there was no one to give the nod to
laugh.gif

Guaranteed you got the awkward handshake/dap from folks....u go in for the handshake and they go in for the dap....awkwardness ensues
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

That moment when damn near all the blacks coincendently congregate in the same area, realize it, then disperse.

TOO MUCH REAL LIFE.
My mom told me at her job that the black people don't hang out at work too closely because they don't wanna make it seem likes its a black vs. white vs. everyone else sort of thing.

She also said it looks bad from the top down, it looks like you cannot interact with your coworkers of all races.

Back
Top Bottom