The Blueprint Appreciation/Discussion Post

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The most complete/balanced hip hop album of all-time <>!!

Finally agree with homie on something.
pimp.gif

My favorite album of all time. i think its the best album EVER

My opinion, i will not debate it cause it serves no purpose.

Finally a post worthy of my 1000 post!
Album at that time was
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
, Semptember 11th 2001, there wasnt a rap album out then that went where the blueprint went. Jayz dropped a classic and made rappers rethink their music.
To buy the blueprint and listen to it on release date and see how the rap game change was
eek.gif
. Jayz go so personal on the album.

The blueprint is my favorite album of all time, I still have a copy in the plastic! for 2001 it was just to advanced.

got my student loan check on 9/11 and headed straight to Sound Warehouse picked up this and Ghetto Fabolous

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

got my student loan check on 9/11 and headed straight to Sound Warehouse picked up this and Ghetto Fabolous

Copped the bootleg about a week earlier for 5.   [[Jadakiss laugh]]

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

gunnascott wrote:
Jay was the best rapper out at the time and he knew it........only 2 throw away songs out of 15 and the subject matter
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What are the two throw away songs?
Do you guys think The Blueprint is better than Reasonable Doubt?

Jigga That N and All I Need. Everyone hates on Hola HoVito but that song is crack to me

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Very overrated album...The Black Album and American Gangster > Blueprint
zuqpzr.gif
laugh.gif

But seriously. The Blueprint is classic. Song Cry will always be one of my fav Jay tracks. 
pimp.gif

-Drew

Classic. 

Mainstream appeal, street appeal, and still managed to change the game at the same time.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The most complete/balanced hip hop album of all-time <>!!

laugh.gif

Yeah right...good album though. 

You know why it's not the most complete balanced album...cause you had tracks like Izzo, Jigga That @***$, and Hola Hovito on it. 

When I say most complete and balanced hip hop album of all-time, I mean just that champ.  If there is one hip hop album that you would look towards to let someone know what hip hop music is about it's Blueprint, or an album that has every element of hip hop it's this.  An ill intro (The Ruler's Back) or even a song that references a hip hop song from the past, a great diss track (Takeover) a great radio track (Izzo), a heat rock track to let others rappers know how and why your one of if not the best in the game (U Don't Know), soulful or an emotional tracks (Heart of the City, Song Cry), a sick collab track (Renagade), and great lyrical song (Breathe Easy), and even a great remix track on the album (Girils, Girls, Girls remix).  Any and everything regarding hip hop is on this album. 

The only track that I'm even probably willing to entertain from folks saying is trash or not good is Jigga That $*!*+.  Hola Hovito rocks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  Every track fits in this album and does the album justice. 

Finally agree with homie on something.
pimp.gif

Don't let it be the last champ
happy.gif

gunnascott wrote:
Originally Posted by Young Handsome

gunnascott wrote:
Jay was the best rapper out at the time and he knew it........only 2 throw away songs out of 15 and the subject matter
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

What are the two throw away songs?
Do you guys think The Blueprint is better than Reasonable Doubt?

Jigga That N and All I Need. Everyone hates on Hola HoVito but that song is crack to me

How can you not like All I Need? That song is a straight banger. "I guess I got my swagger back. Mama, they said I killed a man, well I guess I got the dagger back."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To the people hating on Jigga That !#*%@, how do you feel about Ain't No !#*%@?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The Rulers Back, Take Over, U Don't Know, Heart Of The City, Never Change, Song Cry, All I Need, Renegade, Blueprint (Momma Loves Me).
All classic tracks that I will forever bump. This album got me through middle school.

Nothing about this album is overrated. If anything, the Black Album is HIGHLY overrated.

Blueprint is definitely a classic, and Jay-Z at his best, before he got super involved in the business side
of hip hop and got very lazy.

the ruler's back
takeover
you dont know
heart of the city
never change
renagade
blueprint (momma loves me)
lyrical exercise

....... WOW! classic off those songs alone.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

When I first heard Song Cry, I cried. Played it maybe 100x that week.
this is the comment I always look for
lets you know when someone is listening to music incorrectly 
laugh.gif

Jay has shown 0 emotion towards woman up to that point and that song wasn't convincing AT ALL.

Og username was blueprintgaoat before the banishment....

easily my favorite album ever...start to end I only skip the radio joints..sometimes skip em..lol...album is truly flawless....can't even take cats serious saying its garbage or not a classic...

<>

Back
Top Bottom