The Boondocks Season 4 Adult Swim Bump

Yamb Gawd that GF of yours got you buggin.

Boondocks was solid for 3 seasons. They take away the major reason for it, and fans should just shut up and enjoy what they give us. :rolleyes

Fans of every shows complain when quality drops off. Just look at South Park.

I'm willing to give it a chance. But I'm not hopeful

South park still funny tho

Yamb Gawd that GF of yours got you buggin.

Boondocks was solid for 3 seasons. They take away the major reason for it, and fans should just shut up and enjoy what they give us. :rolleyes

Fans of every shows complain when quality drops off. Just look at South Park.

I'm willing to give it a chance. But I'm not hopeful

South park still funny tho

Not nearly as funny as it was though. That's my point.

Last edited:
dudes saying expectations were too high and there was nothing wrong or off

with the episode probably don't watch tv/movies in the same way some of us

do. think about it. there are PLENTY of people who watch movies and can't

really tell if the acting is bad, script is bad, or whatever. they just don't analyze

them like that so if the basic template of a decent/interesting story is there then

they say "hey man idk what you're talking about, that was good." same thing here.

look flat out: no Boondocks episode was ever that obvious.....ever. That **** was

blatant as hell and not the usual style. also the dialogue between characters outside

of the usual cast was weird at times. the two white cops at the beginning, for example.

the underlying commentary of their convo was so overt that it was corny. i did enjoy it

for what it's worth, but there were noticeable differences.

McGruder is the soul of the Boondocks. It's him from the ground up. His absence will be felt if the new season is good or bad.

for me, you could tell they were trying to hard.. 

hell, in when ruckus went in on his rant at the beginning it seemed over the top for him.. everything just felt forced

-The animation and character design was bad too. Especially on Tom

-Having Ruckus turn up every time he is on screen :smh: .

-The dialogue was flat

-Tom and Flizzy are the focus, yet aren't the ones being made fun of and neither learn any lessons or give any prospective on a situation. They were really clowning Chris Brown supporters, and Sara. When I found out a woman wrote this it made sense.

-Flizzy is a horrible character. Flat and uninteresting. Thugnificent and Gangstalicious were way better because they were able to bring the lulz in different ways.

-The episode lacked the subtle humor Boondocks past seasons had.

Last edited:
I'm starting to suspect some people in here are frontin
And Hardly ever watched a full season of the show
Not EVERY single episode of EVERY season was funny all the way through
Was it my fav episode??? No
But it was entertaining
And definitely said some things that we all know is true regarding music and some women
Every season they have this Tom and Sarah episode
That's the only thing that gets on my nerves
Dudes such a punk
But that's really how stuff be happening
Them white women want a thuggee out black dude to tell em what to do
And some black dudes are total simps and let their woman walk all over them
I liked it better than the usher episode though
Only good part about usher episode was him singing let it burn
And a pimp named slick back

for me, you could tell they were trying to hard.. 

hell, in when ruckus went in on his rant at the beginning it seemed over the top for him.. everything just felt forced

exactly. i wanted to like it sooooo bad. but i remember watching every Boondocks

episode when they were brand new and i watch reruns/Netfix. i know wtf i see man.

**** was forced. :lol: but it was just one episode. i have hope. i WANT to love them so

i'll be tuned in every weak. and it ain't about funny. it's about natural dialogue and subtle

social commentary.

Last edited:
The animation and character design was bad too. Especially on Tom
I noticed they whitened Sarah up ALOT
She almost looked clear
They changed the daughters hair color to orange
And Tom looked lighter too
I did like the character expressions though
But damn Tom wife be acting like a groupie Thot
But overall I like the animation
Better than family guy :lol:

Last edited:
dudes saying expectations were too high and there was nothing wrong or off

with the episode probably don't watch tv/movies in the same way some of us

do. think about it. there are PLENTY of people who watch movies and can't

really tell if the acting is bad, script is bad, or whatever. they just don't analyze

them like that so if the basic template of a decent/interesting story is there then

they say "hey man idk what you're talking about, that was good." same thing here.

look flat out: no Boondocks episode was ever that obvious.....ever. That **** was

blatant as hell and not the usual style. also the dialogue between characters outside

of the usual cast was weird at times. the two white cops at the beginning, for example.

the underlying commentary of their convo was so overt that it was corny. i did enjoy it

for what it's worth, but there were noticeable differences.

I'm not a big fan of that logic, if I don't see the same thing as you then I must not have 'got it'

Change =\= bad and going into it when you look for differences you'll find them, I prefer to look at what's the same rather than what's different. Plus I'm not one to make a comment before I have all the facts, so idk about this season, well see.

End if the day I watch it to entertain me, it did that, yea I could talk about the themes of relationship paradox (every girl wants a nice guy but really want someone to smack them around) or the way celebrities have to stay relevant or the 'bad boy' that's not really that bad, it's just a show...I get all that, maybe we can talk how the dialogue was still pretty clever with good jokes and the characters relationships seemed to pick up right where they left off, or maybe how they rehashed older storylines to give the audience something familiar, or how you can tell they have different animators, subtle but noticable to those who watch. We could talk about Micheal B Jordan's voice acting, how he missed his mark at times but other times he brought that character to life through voice inflection and cadance...

but personally I prefer to say 'I enjoied it,you should check it out for yourself'

no one truly cares about my opinion.

honestly.. it felt like like some white guy executives saw a couple of the episodes and figured they could throw together a formula and it would work

they picked pieces from older episodes (usher and r.kelly episodes mainly) and threw in racial jokes.. and i'm pretty sure some yes man said "this is hilarious"

Ruckus' rant over the top? Now you're just nitpicking.
im sayin that was mild compared to his normal stuff

It was not what he said. Ruckus is funniest when the casually drops is his racial remarks, like it is natural to him. Then he turns up from time to time

Having him going hard every time he is on screen will make him become annoying

Last edited:
Last edited:
You guys are overstating the McGruder absence. There was nothing wrong with last night's episode. It wasn't hilarious, but it wasn't as bad as many of you are making it out to be.

Episode was ok. Not as bad as some if you are making it to be. After that opening dialogue with the cops I was worried it was about to suck big time but it had it's moments.

I'm not a big fan of that logic, if I don't see the same thing as you then I must not have 'got it'

Change =\= bad and going into it when you look for differences you'll find them, I prefer to look at what's the same rather than what's different. Plus I'm not one to make a comment before I have all the facts, so idk about this season, well see.

End if the day I watch it to entertain me, it did that, yea I could talk about the themes of relationship paradox (every girl wants a nice guy but really want someone to smack them around) or the way celebrities have to stay relevant or the 'bad boy' that's not really that bad, it's just a show...I get all that, maybe we can talk how the dialogue was still pretty clever with good jokes and the characters relationships seemed to pick up right where they left off, or maybe how they rehashed older storylines to give the audience something familiar, or how you can tell they have different animators, subtle but noticable to those who watch. We could talk about Micheal B Jordan's voice acting, how he missed his mark at times but other times he brought that character to life through voice inflection and cadance...

but personally I prefer to say 'I enjoied it,you should check it out for yourself'

no one truly cares about my opinion.

A movie director can't see stuff in movies you can't?

A film student whose written movies scripts can't tell certain things the average person can't? Alright. Whatever you say sir.

I already stated that it has nothing to do w/ enjoyment by saying that those who don't see it analytically will easily say "idk what you talking about that was good"

I'm not saying you can't be entertained by it.

Hell the dude saying that talking about Uncle Ruckus being over the top = nitpicking prove my whole point.

Y'all got it though. :lol:

Last edited:
Ruckus' rant over the top? Now you're just nitpicking.
im sayin that was mild compared to his normal stuff

It was not what he said. Ruckus is funniest when the casually drops is his racial remarks, like it is natural to him. Then he turns up from time to time

Having him going hard every time he is on screen will make him become annoying
shouldnt u be writing more rusty stories :nerd: :lol:

Might not be soon, but they coming :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom