The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif
at the Knicks for passing on the hometown kid
?

If bjen stays healthy all year I think the bucks can make a run at one of the last playoff spots. A little less redd and more meeks wouldn't hurt either

nice home debut by BJ. having Delfino(suspended first game vs Sixers) in there to handle the ball and play tough helps the Bucks and BJ as well. he was makingsome tough shots in the 3rd. that behind the back layup drew a smile from Ridnour too....

Originally Posted by dyyhard

who would have thought? wisconsin fans booing brett favre and now they love BJ.
Lol what. What irony am i missing? We like Ryan Braun too.

who has the rest of the Insider Hollinger article from yesterday?

[h2]From Rome to NBA Rookie of the Year?[/h2] [h3]PER Diem: Nov. 2, 2009[/h3]

By John Hollinger
ESPN.com
Archive
Blake Griffin? Tyreke Evans? Humbug. The rookie of the year race saw its first hat thrown in the ring thispast weekend, and it didn't belong to either of those two. Instead, Milwaukee rookie Brandon Jennings -- the 10th overall draft pick who most had thought would need quite a bitof seasoning -- rose to the fore with two very strong performances. On Friday, he nearly became the second rookie in NBA history to post a triple-double in hisdebut, finishing with 17 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists, and then he added to his luster with a 16-point third-quarter explosion in a win over Detroit onSaturday.

EDIT more of the article: Blake Griffin? Tyreke Evans? Humbug. The rookie of the year race saw its first hat thrown in the ring this past weekend, and it didn't belong to either ofthose two.

Instead, Milwaukee rookie Brandon Jennings -- the 10th overall draft pick who most had thought would need quite a bit of seasoning -- rose to the fore with twovery strong performances. On Friday, he nearly became the second rookie in NBA history to post a triple-double in his debut, finishing with 17 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists, and then he added to his luster with a16-point third-quarter explosion in a win over Detroit on Saturday.

Fortunately, Bucks-Pistons was part of my Saturday night viewing schedule, so I was treated to the lefty knocking in one jumper after another to help Milwaukeeregain the lead, followed by an around-the-back reverse layup in transition that brought the house down. In the Bucks' 96-85 win, Jennings scored 24 pointson 9-of-15 shooting, and after the admittedly small sample of two games, he leads all first-rounders in player efficiency rating......."

This dude is making a lot of people look silly early on...I was always a fan but I didn't think he'd be scoring this good this early.

Dude is a stud. They need to build around him, Warrick, and Bogut and trade everyone else, especially the injury prone, no defense playing, money bag"star".

Glad to see this guy doing so well early on.

Also glad that I took him late in all my fantasy drafts (I'm in 3 different leagues) because that gamble is paying off BIG TIME.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by 85wasagreatyear

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

25pts 4ast 3stls

simply outplayed (an injured*) derrick rose.

too bad they got no bench help
if ur active to play...no excuses.
lol rose played 28 minutes dude. and made the clutch block on bj at the end. no offense to bj he played a helluva game, but theres always 3 moregames to get a real quality matchup between the two

More and more every game, I just keep thinking we drafted @%++$$$ bum %%% JORDAN HILL over Doo Be. SMFH.

just watched the first quarter vs the bulls. bj has hit his first shot every game so far, all for 3. he's finishing at the rim, which he did not do ineurope. I guess it's a combination of maturity, comfort, confidence, and a game more tailored to his strengths so far.

Back
Top Bottom