The Brandon Jennings Thread (Will Be Updated Regularly)

Originally Posted by yungmatt

I have no clue why Jordan Hill is a knick
I would have loved to see Jennings in Mike D's offense
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

In alot of ways Jennings and the Bucks are perfect fit. He needed them and they needed him.

They give him an opportunity and was probably one of the only teams in position to have him come in and run the show from day one. If the Bucks pass on Brandon Jennings...he slides down in the late first round. They also give him a small town, quiet atmosphere away from all the hoopla. For his reputation, Milwaukee is the perfect place to focus on basketball as opposed to New York, Golden State, or one of those places.

He gives them a potential "it" guy. A "star's aura" somewhat. Redd hasn't been that guy like they hoped...Bogut is solid but he's not a star...Alexander might possibly be one of the worst lottery picks this decade. Jennings has come into the franchise and making his own the face of the franchise.

i agree.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

jennings just dropped 30+ on the nuggets.

i bet mike d'antoni's crying hard now.

laugh.gif

the knicks have a way of squandering talent. in theory he would have thrived in d'antoni's system, but he also could have been mishandled and we'dall be saying the opposite about him right now. he landed in a situation that's perfect for him.

as much as i wanted to see him in a NY uniform, i'm happy dude's succeeding where he is.

If Donnie did not feel he had done his due diligence on the kid missing him there, than I am fine with not taking him.

if he thoroughly evaluates everyone in each draft, we will come out better more times than not.

Clearly, this could be an exception. But if he's not comfortable in a pick, I'd rather him not force it. If they were turned off by his rep and thendoesn't show for that, than he's got as much blame as anyone for not being a knick right now

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

whats the state line?
DoubleJs07 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Umm
[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
8.gif
[/td] [td]
nyk.gif

New York
[/td] [td]
19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165
I'm speechless.
pimp.gif
My dude is going to be ROY next year. Im calling it....16/7.5/4
I have him going either 7 to the Warriors or 8 to Knicks (If Steph is gone)

I don't care what "reported" draft boards say.......Jennings is the best guard in this draft.
laugh.gif

If that gump puts up that statline or better next season (playing more than 65 games)... I'll HAPPILY retire my doublejs07 screen name....

*I don't wanna get caught in some BS technicality where he gets 17/8/5 in his pro debut, but blows out his knee in the 4th quarter...that's why I set the bar for 65 games.

in conclusion, Jennings is lightyears ahead of everyone else in his class because he has pro experience overseas. everyone was making a big deal about how heonly averaged 5ppg or w/e in Europe.. now we see that his actual production out there can't even compare to the intangibles he developed while being aroundprofessionals.

on the other side, i read a story the other day about that dude Tyler who went overseas after 11th grade and is completely bombing. he obviously wasn'tmature enough and didn't have the right people around him. Jennings will become a classic example of how the overseas transition can be made effectivelyand will translate to NBA success.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If Donnie did not feel he had done his due diligence on the kid missing him there, than I am fine with not taking him.

if he thoroughly evaluates everyone in each draft, we will come out better more times than not.

Clearly, this could be an exception. But if he's not comfortable in a pick, I'd rather him not force it. If they were turned off by his rep and then doesn't show for that, than he's got as much blame as anyone for not being a knick right now

you and that memphis fan go to the same school on how to spin stuff for your team?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Clearly, this could be an exception.
But if he's not comfortable in a pick, I'd rather him not force it. If they were turned off by his rep and then doesn't show for that, than he's got as much blame as anyone for not being a knick right now

you and that memphis fan go to the same school on how to spin stuff for your team?
i can admit it.

but more times than not, i'd like someone they've actually got a handle on before drafting them. regardless of how it turns out.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Clearly, this could be an exception. But if he's not comfortable in a pick, I'd rather him not force it. If they were turned off by his rep and then doesn't show for that, than he's got as much blame as anyone for not being a knick right now

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

in conclusion, Jennings is lightyears ahead of everyone else in his class because he has pro experience overseas.
That's certainly not true. Tyreke and Flynn have shown the same leadership qualities, poise, confidence, and ability to put teams on theirbacks so far this season too.

As for the Knicks, I don't think they should be knocked for passing on Jennings. It's not like that was a can't miss selection. It's not likethey absolutely NEEDED to take any PG let alone Jennings in that slot. They took a big man...and the problem is...if that big man was actually good then fine.But Jordan Hill is a bum...and I've always said that. He's not a basketball player...he's an athlete playing basketball. There's no one anyonecan spin that draft choice in the Knicks favor in my eyes. Dudes act like you plug any athletic big man in D'Antoni's system and find at least moderatesuccess but I don't believe that. He emphasizes player's strengths to a degree but he can't MAKE you good...and Jordan Hill isn't good. IfJordan Hill ever averages 10 points and 10 rebounds in a season...he will have far exceeded my expectations.

the thing to begin with...

like i said way back when, the first 7 picks went as bad as possible. I wanted the grouping of Curry, Flynn, Tyreke, Rubio, Harden before him. Hill was thebest worst case scenario, if that makes sense. It was Jennings vs Hill and again if they were more comfortable with hill and had character concerns, then so beit. We will see.

Why aren't the grizzlies slammed for taking thabeet when they're in big time need of a PG? I guess it always seemed the knicks and jennings would betied together regardless.

the thing to begin with...

like i said way back when, the first 7 picks went as bad as possible. I wanted the grouping of Curry, Flynn, Tyreke, Rubio, Harden before him. Hill was the best worst case scenario, if that makes sense. It was Jennings vs Hill and again if they were more comfortable with hill and had character concerns, then so be it. We will see.

Why aren't the grizzlies slammed for taking thabeet when they're in big time need of a PG? I guess it always seemed the knicks and jennings would be tied together regardless.

because we get slammed for everything else whether its right or wrong.
grin.gif

99.9% of the memphis fans wanted rubio or evans. i would admit that i wasn't that high on jennings at the time, but memphis felt that conley was going totake a leap forward this season. they also felt we needed an inside presence on defense more than a PG since conley was there. thabeet wasn't ready, so itwas really pointless trying to draft him if we were suppose to be competing next season in the "3-year" plan.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

in conclusion, Jennings is lightyears ahead of everyone else in his class because he has pro experience overseas.
That's certainly not true. Tyreke and Flynn have shown the same leadership qualities, poise, confidence, and ability to put teams on their backs so far this season too.

As for the Knicks, I don't think they should be knocked for passing on Jennings. It's not like that was a can't miss selection. It's not like they absolutely NEEDED to take any PG let alone Jennings in that slot. They took a big man...and the problem is...if that big man was actually good then fine. But Jordan Hill is a bum...and I've always said that. He's not a basketball player...he's an athlete playing basketball. There's no one anyone can spin that draft choice in the Knicks favor in my eyes. Dudes act like you plug any athletic big man in D'Antoni's system and find at least moderate success but I don't believe that. He emphasizes player's strengths to a degree but he can't MAKE you good...and Jordan Hill isn't good. If Jordan Hill ever averages 10 points and 10 rebounds in a season...he will have far exceeded my expectations.

So true. He's like another Stromile Swift.

Why aren't the grizzlies slammed for taking thabeet when they're in big time need of a PG? I guess it always seemed the knicks and jennings would be tied together regardless.
conley is their PG..they have high hopes for him. He was also their lottery pick.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

whats the state line?
DoubleJs07 wrote:

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Umm
[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
8.gif
[/td] [td]
nyk.gif

New York
[/td] [td]
19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165
I'm speechless.
pimp.gif
My dude is going to be ROY next year. Im calling it....16/7.5/4
I have him going either 7 to the Warriors or 8 to Knicks (If Steph is gone)

I don't care what "reported" draft boards say.......Jennings is the best guard in this draft.
laugh.gif

If that gump puts up that statline or better next season (playing more than 65 games)... I'll HAPPILY retire my doublejs07 screen name....

*I don't wanna get caught in some BS technicality where he gets 17/8/5 in his pro debut, but blows out his knee in the 4th quarter...that's why I set the bar for 65 games.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hope he keeps this up
smokin.gif

i'm officially on the bandwagon after he murked chauncey like a toy.

but this is just ridiculous. 12-for-13 in this quarter alone, 29 pts in this quarter alone??? at 20 years old???

get the eff outta here

Jennings is going OFF tonight..hes got 29 pts in the 3rd quarter alone, 39 for the game

and Meeks just nailed a 3/4 court shot to end the quarter

Back
Top Bottom