THE BRICKS: The Most Disappointing Hip-Hop Albums Of 2008

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

most of those were set for failure and everybody knew that.

^^^^tru especially cats like fat joe i dont know who he was fooling leading up to the release tryna get points of dudes like papoose

I like Undeniable and HNIC2 had some bangers.

And Carter 3 needs to be on that list.

I haven't peeped the Knux album but I thought it was pretty well reviewed by most sources. Were y'all really not feeling the album that much?

^ The Knux just didn't pack any real punch, no pun intended. It wasn't totally bad for me though.

Murs gets my vote..........
Undeniable was one of the better albums of 08.... sure it has some trash songs but most of his album have those....
Pro tools tho? i liked it.....

Originally Posted by johngotty

^ The Knux just didn't pack any real punch, no pun intended. It wasn't totally bad for me though.
I trust y'all but Bol gave it a good review and he never gives anything a good review so that's what surprised me about your putting it asa brick. But Bol is into some pretty hipster rap sometimes, I just agree with him that pretty much every album that comes out now awadays sucks.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

If the album would have been released mid-year, more than likely it would have been Auto-Tuned the !%%% up
roll.gif
roll.gif

Going in on Fat Joe...

All of this was comedy. Quality reviews.

QFT.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ everything Bone related.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I never took The Knux seriously when I heard one of their members is named Krispy Kreme.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Fat Joe's album was a big disappointment for me. I thought dude was gonna come with it on that one.

All the bone thugs cd's.
smh.gif
You know their careers are over when there rapping with those wack $@$ mexican rappers, word to lil flip.

Plies is just trash.

I thought Rocko's cd was good. Had some #!@% for the whip.

AZ's cd wasn't that good IMO. That's why im surprised at some dudes on here saying it was one of the best of 08. It had a couple coo tracks onthere.

"While Souljah Boy only missed his goal of first week platinum sales by 954,453, V.I.C. insisted he was not a failure before proceeding to cry in thegirl's locker room."
roll.gif

All the rest are well deserved. At least from the ones I heard.

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

laugh.gif
at dudes saying C3, Wayne's at wat almost 3mill now
sales doesn't mean the album is good necessarily.

So C3 wasn't a good album??? It may not be a Ill Matic or a an album of just lyrical genius but the cd has enough good material on it to be the bestselling album of the year.... dudes just be hating
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

So C3 wasn't a good album??? It may not be a Ill Matic or a an album of just lyrical genius but the cd has enough good material on it to be the best selling album of the year.... dudes just be hating
laugh.gif
No it didn't even have that. It wasn't a good album plain and simple no hate.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

laugh.gif

So C3 wasn't a good album??? It may not be a Ill Matic or a an album of just lyrical genius but the cd has enough good material on it to be the best selling album of the year.... dudes just be hating
laugh.gif

people skimming through the album
grin.gif
, sales aside its 3/5 rating at worse.

rocko bumps it the whip though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by Agthekid

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

people skimming through the album
grin.gif
, sales aside its 3/5 rating at worse.

rocko bumps it the whip though
grin.gif

Nope me a my homeboy listened to the whole thing on our way to Orlando. Only song I liked was Dr. Carter, La La, and Mr. Carter.

But I must agree with about that Rocko album going hard though. Priceless and Like This Here
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

While you have to recognize what an event the album was, Wayne's productivity this year & all that, sales do not equate a good album.

Back
Top Bottom