The Cabin In The Woods (2012) Trailer - Opening April 13th

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

so basically was this the horror version of ...

Spoiler [+]
the trumann show

can someone explain what was going on in the movie all i got out of it is that 

Spoiler [+]
it was some ritual to kill 5 people to save the earth from gods but #%@ was the things that came out the elevators murking everyone? Those were the man-made/lab-made monsters/horror characters that have been terrorizing people... may they be real or urban legends or just something scary in people's minds... they were stored in those glass boxes. I guess each year, depending on what the group unleashes first through those artifacts in the basement, one of those monsters/horror characters is chosen to kill the sacrificial group. This particular year, it happened to be the redneck zombies or whatever they called them 
laugh.gif

oh ok it makes a little more sense thats kind of what i was thinking but at the same time i was pretty clueless 
laugh.gif

overall the movie was decent. 

Didn't dislike the movie, but I definitely didn't think it was anything great. Sort of confusing, but I got the point, but yeah.

Originally Posted by JKomorowski09

so basically was this the horror version of ...

Spoiler [+]
the trumann show

can someone explain what was going on in the movie all i got out of it is that 

Spoiler [+]
it was some ritual to kill 5 people to save the earth from gods but #%@ was the things that came out the elevators murking everyone?
Spoiler [+]
Basically, you have the ritual part down. 5 people must be sacrificed, in a certain order, to keep the Ancient Ones happy. What the two guys in suits do is basically control the "game". The 5 people are brought into a zone, in this zone is where the sacrifices must be made. Only problem is, the zone is rigged. Different items in the house's basement correspond to different monsters in the elevators. The guys in white shirts make sure the people die, for ratings and to keep the higher ups (their bosses) happy. It's all a game, in which the end result must be the death of all the kids. (With the exception of the virgin, she has a choice)

Concept was original, but other than that the movie wasn't anything special.

This movie was clever, original, and flat out entertaining which is something I can't say about most movies in this genre anymore. I loved it.

This stuff was meta as hell!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ion eem be smoking like that no more, but after seeing this I have to
laugh.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

%#!% was mad random, I enjoyed it

just saw this and liked it. i had the plot spoiled for me before seeing it and it didn't even ruin the movie. i feel like it didnt matter if you knew what was going to happen going in, it was all about the ride to the end.

movie wasnt great but it was very entertaining.

Movie wasn't that good bruh. It was cool but I wasn't blown away. When son hit that grid I busted out laughing tho
laugh.gif

I really enjoyed the concept. Good movie, but not great. Like someone else said, they wrote themselves into a corner. Once the last two went down into the "facilities" it took a downward turn. With a better ending, this would have been a really, really good movie.

Back
Top Bottom