The College Basketball Post

USF Job offered to Dave Rice. I don't know why they would he hasn't done much at UNLV besides being a great recruiter.

The issue here is that there's a huge myth going that has people believing that if you stay in school it'll "Refine your game" for the NBA.

This just isn't the case. These players have been tab'd as NBA prospects, so what can they gain by staying in school, and playing in a system that doesn't mirror the NBA at all (College)?
Super prospects should go, no doubt.

But what about the marginal guys who get gassed into going early (Jerami Grant)?

You guys almost sound as if you don't even want a college system.

But what about the marginal guys who get gassed into going early (Jerami Grant)?

Marginal guys are going to stay for a minimum of 2, 3 years regardless anyway. But that's beside the point. The point, is that the college game just doesn't prepare players for the NBA, marginal guys, elite players, etc.

The college game is just flat out a pretty bad metric to use for evaluating pro prospects.

Last edited:
Sorry, wasn't here for that convo.

So you think that marginal players like Devendorf and others like him are right for leaving early? Gotcha.

Devendorf is making money playing professional basketball. You don;t like guys making money?

Jermi Grant will make millions of dollars, whats the problem?

S
Media types applauded Smart for staying too.

"What a good kid"

"So humble, wants to grow with his teammates"

"An example to other prospects"

Too bad he came back to a bad coach and an ok team in a good conference and didn't improve any of the holes in his game.

He could be playing for Orlando right now this month getting paid 4 million, instead he went home early in the tournament for free.
same media that was ripping him for pushing that fan too :lol:

Anyone remember the consensus on Westbrook leading up toworkouts and draft night. I know for a fact he wasnt considered a top 5 pick and do remember them saying he was late lottery at times. Plus he was no where near UCLA's best player.

Was he another boom or bust player?

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 @ Devendorf. He could have went to school for 8 years and still wouldn't have been an NBA player.
Anyone remember the consensus on Westbrook leading up workouts and draft night. I know for a fact he wasnt considered a top 5 pick. Plus he was no where near UCLA's best player.

He's probably the biggest surprise in recent memory. Nobody could have predicted he'd end up this good. It was a consensus opinion that Presti SUPER reached for him. People were saying Bayless, Gordon, or Love should have been picked there.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the consensus on Westbrook leading up toworkouts and draft night. I know for a fact he wasnt considered a top 5 pick and do remember them saying he was late lottery at times. Plus he was no where near UCLA's best player.

from what i recall, he was definitely top 5 coming out of that draft. he wasnt the big name on the team but scouts thought he was nba ready because of his defense and athleticism.

:lol:  @ Devendorf. He could have went to school for 8 years and still wouldn't have been an NBA player.

Anyone remember the consensus on Westbrook leading up workouts and draft night. I know for a fact he wasnt considered a top 5 pick. Plus he was no where near UCLA's best player.

He's probably the biggest surprise in recent memory. Nobody could have predicted he'd end up this good. It was a consensus opinion that Presti SUPER reached for him. People were saying Bayless, Gordon, or Love should have been picked there.

Word. I remember the night he was drafted everybody I know was just like wut.

Amazing how OKC pulled that off. It's the offensive ability that has left everyone just amazed.

LaVine going to surprise the detractors in this thread too, I don't think he'll be Westbrook but good in his own right.

Devendorf is making money playing professional basketball. You don;t like guys making money?
Jermi Grant will make millions of dollars, whats the problem?
I'm willing to bet that Dorf would rather play in the NBA for less money.
Jerami will make millions on his rookie deal and then be in the same boat as Dorf.

:lol:  @ Devendorf. He could have went to school for 8 years and still wouldn't have been an NBA player.

:lol:

Last edited:
Jerami will make millions on his rookie deal and then be in the same boat as Dorf.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't compare someone who's athleticism and ability to guard multiple positions alone will keep them on a roster longer than someone like Devendorf would

Last edited:
:lol:

dude dorf and jermei grant aren't comparable. :lol:

their situations aren't close to being the same.

Analytics are hit and miss. Cleveland is HEAVY on analytics and look at the Cavaliers last 5 draft picks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom