The College Basketball Post

I'm probably the only human on the planet watching the U16 FIBA Americas tournament but there is this kid from mexico named Salvador Martinez. Dude is dotting peoples eyes, playing with bums dropping multiple step back fadeaway 3's. :lol: :pimp:

He's going to make some mid major very happy.

What's the word on Dennis Smith?

Haven't heard his name in a while. Is he still a Duke lean?

He'll be at ncsu with some buddies.

Tatum will announce next month.

Also those Frank Jackson highlights floating around from overseas are :wow:

Leaning towards not taking his mission so he'll play right away. Seems like Stanford or Duke with UCLA and others chasing

Fwiw Harry and his family asked K for advice on what to do about going to Oak Hill for his senior year. Seems like that's where he'll be this season after the conversation. Has had the chance the past few years but wanted to stay close to home

He'll be at ncsu with some buddies.

Tatum will announce next month.

Also those Frank Jackson highlights floating around from overseas are :wow:

Leaning towards not taking his mission so he'll play right away. Seems like Stanford or Duke with UCLA and others chasing

Fwiw Harry and his family asked K for advice on what to do about going to Oak Hill for his senior year. Seems like that's where he'll be this season after the conversation. Has had the chance the past few years but wanted to stay close to home

so we are looking at just giles and tatum class next year?

They're the 2 main guys. Frank Jackson is the 3rd. He'll be on campus soon to visit. Wants to decide before school starts.

Marquette only has 3 decent players besides Henry :smh:

I want to see them at Barclays center , but LSU probably smacks them

Last edited:
Bossi just tweeted that he's buy all of thr Frank Jackson he can & deserves to be in the top PG conversation. Apparently he's working at the NBPA top 100

Last edited:
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Frank Jackson’s name doesn’t carry the buzz of some of his Class of 2016 counterparts, and while the stars of the Class of 2017 — namely Deandre Ayton and Michael Porter Jr. — have drawn more attention as NBPA Top 100 camp kicks off, there may not have been a more impressive performer in the camp’s first two days than Jackson.

The 6-foot-3 combo-guard entered Thursday averaging a camp-high 16.0 points and followed that up with yet another impressive performance in the morning’s games. He’s got the rep of being a big-time scorer with deep range and explosive athleticism, and that certainly won’t be changing after the way he played in front of a myriad of scouts this week. What may change, however, is the position that he is viewed as. Jackson is a scorer more than he is a distributor, but he’s quite capable of playing on the ball and is more efficient than most shoot-first lead guards. In other words, his future may be as more of a point guard than off-guard.

The big question for the Utah native and former BYU commit, who is currently ranked 31st nationally by Rivals, is whether not he will take a Mormon mission prior to his collegiate career beginning. In other words, it is yet to be determined whether or not he will be enrolling in 2016 or 2018. Jackson previously told NBCSports.com that he will be taking his mission, but he has since softened on that stance, telling reporters this week that he’s not made an official decision yet.

Whenever he does reach college, Jackson will be a highly-valued commodity. He plans on visiting Duke, Maryland and North Carolina — the reigning champs and the preseason top two teams for 2015-16 — after Top 100 camp comes to a close.

Frank will play in 2016. Doubt he takes his mission now after a recent interview. Duke coaches believe the same. Didn't know how athletic he was until I saw him doing those dRose like dunks

Forgot to mention that Bolden is the other guy who Duke has offered and is pursuing in this class

Can Udoka Azubuike really play or is he just bigger than everyone else?

On another note, I read that Marvin Bagley is a top 3 player regardless of class and arguably the best prospect since Bron. He's a sophomore...that's crazy.

Last edited:
Andy Katz @ESPNAndyKatz 8m
UNC announces new extension for Roy Williams to 2019-20, which he says takes him to edge of coaching 6-10 more years, his longterm plan.

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria 1m
Was also told @kidmamba23 Tyus Battle won't return to Gill St. Bernard's next year and will transfer.

Last edited:
Tyus Battle opening his recruitment back up. Official to Syracuse on tap for the weekend.

Can Udoka Azubuike really play or is he just bigger than everyone else?

On another note, I read that Marvin Bagley is a top 3 player regardless of class and arguably the best prospect since Bron. He's a sophomore...that's crazy.

how can you be the next lebron if you don't make team usa ?

was he injured or somthing cause I didn't see a Marvin Bagley on the court.

edit

never mind, decided not to participate.

Last edited:
I thought OJ was well hyped but not best overall prospect since Bron hype. Bari either. Wiggins is the only guy who got that this is a "can't miss" prospect at such an early age.

Watching footage of Bagley I can see the allure. I'll have to watch him more closely this summer to get a real in depth feel. He certainly has the wow factor. To be that tall and that fluid...he definitely passes the look test on film. he doesn't look like a 15 year old at all.

Last edited:
OJ was definitely hyped as the best prospect since LeBron during his earlier years. Then his junior year came and everyone caught up with him.

I don't remember it being on that level. I'm talking being the top guy in HS regardless of class. Like during his freshman and sophomore years...at what point was he considered higher than Oden who was a class ahead of him?

With Wiggins, I feel like he got that label after his freshman year and held it through to his senior year. and the classes ahead of him included Ant Davis, Rivers, Noel, Bazz, Barnes, Irving, etc. I felt like he was considered above all of those guys all throughout high school.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom