The College Basketball Post

MLEE gunna be a stud ehh?? u go to hs with him or what??

I think that frosh class is nice but jrue>BOBO>JA>MLEE>Gordon

Originally Posted by osem87

too bad UNLV missed out on Elijah Johnson, woulda been a stud out there too. Now he's gonna have to be a pseudo stud in a loaded Kansas. Imagine if they get Xavier Henry too, and (i know he probably wont commit to KU if henry does) Michael Snaer. That would be absurd. But also beyond a pipedream.

While we're on the under-rated tip, while actually naming some people who (in my opinion) are somewhat over-rated: when he puts on somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds, Malcolm Lee is going to be one of the best players in college basketball. Cuz you know, he's under rated, underappreciated, unknown, and stuff. Not like he was a McD's AA or a 5 star recruit or anything. But i'm just saying, out of anyone i got to see play this summer, I was the most impressed by him and the potential I see in him. His intensity on both D and O were remarkable, and he showed good vision and is improving on playing under control at all times. BTW, his pull up J is absurdly fast.
pimp.gif
Malcolm gonna have to wait til next year to shine buthe's gonna be a problem.

Malcolm Lee is going to be one of the best players in college basketball. Cuz you know, he's under rated, underappreciated, unknown, and stuff. Not like he was a McD's AA.
you sure about that one?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

1996: Kentucky

• Tony Delk, Antoine Walker, Walter McCarty, Derek Anderson, Ron Mercer, Nazr Mohammed, Jeff Sheppard, Mark Pope, Wayne Turner

Best college b-ball team I ever watched play.
And yet they didn't even win their own conference tournament that year....

Sorry, couldn't resist.
That the Dante Jones, Dampier squad? If so,
pimp.gif

Yes indeed.....
pimp.gif
....Great tourney run that year.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

No offense to SCuse7 but Onondaga County is a disgusting place and why anyone would live there is beyond me. After I graduate I will never go back there and the school had better not send any donation letters the tuition I pay is donation enough.

laugh.gif

I don't understand why I live her sometimes. Not much happening.

too bad UNLV missed out on Elijah Johnson, woulda been a stud out there too. Now he's gonna have to be a pseudo stud in a loaded Kansas. Imagine if they get Xavier Henry too, and (i know he probably wont commit to KU if henry does) Michael Snaer. That would be absurd. But also beyond a pipedream.

I think Kruger knew he was going to lose in the sweepstakes so they pushed hard for Anothony Marshall instead. Don't get me wrong, I'd liked to see EJplay in front of his home crowd, but KU is calling. And if I had that decision, I'd take KU over UNLV anyday!!!! Oscar Bellfield has been doing well &is stepping into his roll as a backup PG. Hopefully, in the next coming years he'll fill that roll needed. During the Midnite Madness, he was looking morelike a combo guard.

Wright is out for the season
Todd Cunningham
BearcatLair.com Publisher

Talk about it in The Armory

Wayne Litmer
University of Cincinnati freshman point Cashmere Wright is out for the season with a torn ACL.

Wright tore his ACL during practice and is expected to make a full recovery and be ready for the start of next season.

This marks the second year in a row that Cincinnati has lost a player for the season due to injury. Last year the Bearcats lost PF Mike Williams 3 weeks prior to practice starting when he tore his Achilles tendon.

Wright was expected to be the starting point guard this season. With Wright now out for the season it looks like Deonta Vaughn will now move over to the point guard on a full time basis.

Who will back up Vaughn? That is a question that will be answered in the next few weeks during practice. Right now it looks like freshman guard Dion Dixon will get some minutes at the point.

%#@!. Deonta will just slide back to the Point though so we should be fine.

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

Originally Posted by dukehead

Sleeeeperrrrrrrr. . . . . . No one knows about us in the Desert, but they will. Next year will be even crazier. .
Um, nobody is sleeping on UNLV guy
laugh.gif

Why do fanboys love screaming "Don't sleep on us!" just to show they're reppin' their squad? We've known about UNLV for the last two years and they have one of the top 10 guards in the country (Wink).
Read further, Dukie. This year will be fun, but our recruiting class is getting better every year. Top 10 Guards in the Country?? I'll take that compliment, however, the true experts that get paid to do it don't have him that high.
Get the chip of your shoulder - anybody that follows college basketball is not sleeping on a Kruger coached team, especially after averaging almost 30 wins a season the last two years. Quit acting like you're getting no respect - trust, you're getting the exact amount of respect you deserve, don't go thinking you're on a level you ain't at just yet. Hell, you weren't even the best team in that conference of yours the last two years and you want us all talking about you like a sleeper?
laugh.gif
seriously - we know you're out there, we didn't forget. Chill with all that "nobody knows" talk.
A Chip??? Riiggghtt. . . . I call a spade a spade. Vegas is getting plugged???? Where is all this occuring??? What channel or major publication is this happening? So you're telling me the country knows about the teams out West outside of the Pac-10?? Yeah right. . . They weren't the best team the last 2 yrs in the MWC??? please do your homework or better yet, go to the channel where UNLV is getting tons of coverage nationwide. MWC gets no coverage.

Pretty sure BYU was the regular season champ the last two years out there - yeah, you got them in the MWV tourney both times, but you speak asthough you're really killing it out there when you can't even win a regular season conference title.

I'm not saying MWC gets a ton of coverage nationally, I said anybody that follows college basketball knows damn well about the conference. I thinkit's one of the more entertaining conferences in the country honestly, and I probably hype them up more than they deserve to be honest with you.

I'm jus telling you - don't go talking like you get no respect. Everybody was a little surprised two years ago with the run you made in the dance, butnobody was feeling too great about have to pick against UNLV in that second round game last year ( i sure as hell wasn't, i had Kansas as my nationalchampion, and that was a scary pick to make).

So you think now a year later everybody is sleeping on them? If anything, they'll be one of the more hyped small programs in the nation. That's mypoint - you're going to get love this year, believe that. People that follow the sport closely, like an allen or kiddin, they've known about UNLV morethan you realize. It just doesn't do much for the ratings on ESPN to be giving love to a team like that which doesn't exactly make the needles jump. Deal with it, you're a sub conference as far as they're concerned - hell, they will talk the WCC up over the MWC now. That doesn't mean wedon't know what's going on out there though, there IS this thing called the internet now afterall.

Dickie V reporting Lute Olsen is stepping down on ESPN just now...

or am I late?

Originally Posted by JND1

or am I late?

I just read that too. I never understood or it was never reported why he was out the entire year. I wish him the best. I might add that UA has one hell of abasketball facility along with UK.

Originally Posted by JND1

or am I late?
Dude needs to make up his !%$*+$ mind and quick ..

Dave Telep from Scout.com said that Gaddy texted him when he asked, will this impact your commitment ....Gaddy answered "yes it will."
laugh.gif
come to westwood!

people really buyin the freshmen hype cause of the past few years...cause there is no way in hell Demar is better than a player like Sam Young.

Gary Parrish

[font=Arial, Helvetica]If you thought I left some good players off the points and combos list (hello, Wink Adams!) wait until you see this list of wings. Here, I've only got 30 spotscompared to 40, which means I had to omit everybody from a 14-point per game scorer in the SEC (Alonzo Gee) to a pair of future draft picks from Ohio State(David Lighty and Evan Turner).[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]I couldn't even find room for Tasmin Mitchell and Patrick Christopher.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]And I like Tasmin Mitchell and Patrick Christopher.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]So this list was obviously tough to put together, and I'm confident we'll debate it accordingly. I'mstanding by now just waiting for your e-mails filled with personal attacks, but before you send them be sure to read the explanation of how the CBSSports.com 2008-09 Preseason College Basketball PlayerRankings work because those three minutes might save you 10 minutes of writing an e-mail and 45 seconds of me reading your e-mail and deleting it orpopping off a smart aleck reply.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]So do that, and then if you still want to argue we'll argue.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]But what we won't do is argue about James Harden.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]He's No. 1 because that's where he belongs.[/font]
[h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]1. James Harden (Arizona State)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1332520.jpg
Why he's here: Last season it was Kevin Love and O.J. Mayo who got most of the attention in the Pac-10, and for good reason. But nowit's Harden's turn, and the dynamic scorer who averaged 17.8 points and 5.3 rebounds as a freshman should push the Sun Devils into the NCAAtournament.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]2. Tyler Smith (Tennessee)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1143362.jpg
Why he's here: The SEC's Preseason Player of the Year averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds last season, his first at Tennessee.Still, he couldn't get the Vols past the Sweet 16. But that could happen this season, which is expected to be Smith's last incollege.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]3. DeMar DeRozan (SouthernCalifornia)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
demarderozan.jpg
Why he's here: DeRozan has NBA athleticism and the type of game that makes scouts drool. He'll score in bunches at USC, just like O.J.Mayo did last season. And then DeRozan should be a candidate to be drafted just as highly as Mayo, i.e., in the top half of the lottery.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]4. Damion James (Texas)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1139220.jpg
Why he's here: James is a double-double threat from the wing, proof being how he averaged 13.2 points and 10.3 rebounds last season.It's unclear how well the 6-foot-7 athlete's game will translate to the NBA level, but he's a beast in college and thus Rick Barnes' bestasset.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]5. Sam Young (Pittsburgh)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
566602.jpg
Why he's here: There weren't many relevant players last season who made as significant a jump as the one Young made between hissophomore and junior campaigns. The 6-6 wing went from averaging 7.2 points to 18.1, and he's the main reason the Panthers will be in play for the Big Easttitle.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]6. Chase Budinger (Arizona)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1143193.jpg
Why he's here: Budinger was close to remaining in the NBA Draft but reversed course at the last minute. That means there are 17 points pergame Lute Olson won't have to find elsewhere, and the smart money has Budinger leading the Wildcats back to the NCAA tournament.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]7. Wayne Ellington (North Carolina)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1142194.jpg
Why he's here: Ellington's NBA stock took a hit at the NBA PreDraft Camp, but that has noting to do with his ability as a collegescorer. The 6-4 junior averaged 16.6 points last season and is the weapon that helps keep opponents from collapsing on Tyler Hansbrough everypossession.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]8. Robbie Hummel (Purdue)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1333599.jpg
Why he's here: Hummel was supposed to be good coming out of high school, but hardly anybody expected him to average 11.4 points and 6.1rebounds as a freshman while nearly leading the Boilermakers to the Big Ten title. That was a surprise. But this season even bigger things are expected -- fromHummel as well as his team.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]9. Earl Clark (Louisville)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1139256.jpg
Why he's here: Clark averaged 11.1 points and 8.1 rebounds last season, which is respectable yet ho-hum relative to his potential. Theguess here is that the Louisville junior will produce more this season, and if Clark shows consistency he could be the key to another Final Four for RickPitino.
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]

[/font][h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]10. Austin Daye (Gonzaga)[/font][/h4]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]
1332966.jpg
Why he's here: Daye's level of productivity hasn't yet matched his level of talent, but that should change this season. Thesweet-shooting Bulldog is expected to be more of a focal point of Gonzaga's attack, and if he develops properly he'll help Mark Few win another WCCtitle while helping himself break into next June's lottery.
[/font]
[h4][font=Arial, Helvetica]The next 20[/font][/h4][table][tr][td]11. Raymar Morgan (Michigan State)[/td] [td]18. Scotty Hopson (Tennessee)[/td] [td]25. Josh Shipp (UCLA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Kyle Singler (Duke)[/td] [td]19. Dionte Christmas (Temple)[/td] [td]26. Chris Wright (Dayton)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Terrence Williams (Louisville)[/td] [td]20. James Johnson (Wake Forest)[/td] [td]27. Danny Green (North Carolina)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. Gerald Henderson (Duke)[/td] [td]21. James Anderson (Oklahoma State)[/td] [td]28. Ryan Thompson (Rider)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. Robert Vaden (UAB)[/td] [td]22. K.C. Rivers (Clemson)[/td] [td]29. Josh Carter (Texas A&M)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Lee Cummard (BYU)[/td] [td]23. Devin Ebanks (West Virginia)[/td] [td]30. Paul Harris (Syracuse)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. DaJuan Summers (Georgetown)[/td] [td]24. A.D. Vassallo (Virginia Tech)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

pimp.gif
Always a spot for you in M Gaddy.

Cal make that phone call again, Fedex style
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Somewhere Brandon Jennings just make it rain for fun

[h1]Ghosts of successful past bedevil the Blue Devils of present[/h1]

By Dana O'Neil
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 23, 2008, 1:16 PM ET

DURHAM, N.C. -- Mike Krzyzewski isn't going to get a lot of sympathy for this one.

[+] http://sports.espn.go.com...?id=3659408&story=3655681','Popup','width=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">Enlarge
http://sports.espn.go.com...?id=3659408&story=3655681','Popup','width=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">
ncb_a_paulus_200.jpg

AP Photo/Susan Walsh

Senior Greg Paulus and Duke are intent on orchestrating a deeper run in the NCAA tournament this year.
During the offseason the Duke coach studied his team, trying to figure out what went wrong in March, the month when the Blue Devils usually blossom butin the past two years have wilted like a bunch of overexposed daisies.
There were obvious problems: no post player, crummy shooting, youth.

But Krzyzewski believes there was something more going on.

"I think your success can become your opponent at times," he said. "When you get into situations like an ACC Championship or an NCAAtournament game, you're not just competing against the other team. You're competing against your past."

That sound you heard was the noise created by thousands of smashed violins.

Too much success? What a pity.

But Krzyzewski just spent a summer seeing the difference between playing for now and playing for the past, and he believes the lessons he learned will payhuge dividends in Durham.

In Beijing, marketers, reporters and advertisers gobbled up the concept of the Redeem Team, a catchy phrase that simultaneously played off the Dream Teamand summed up what this U.S. Olympic team needed to do.

Krzyzewski, the U.S. team's head coach, never used the word "redeem" -- not when he talked about his team, and not when he talked to histeam.

It was a conscious decision based on Krzyzewski's assertion that nothing the 2008 team did could erase the 2004 team's futility and that addingthose failures to the current team's responsibilities would only weigh everyone down.

"I said, 'This is now. Just be in the moment,'" he said. "When we won, at that moment I didn't feel relieved. I felt exhilaratedbecause we were in the moment. That's what I haven't done a very good job of with my Duke team."

It's a tricky balance at a place like Duke, where the halls of Cameron practically breathe history and where success isn't measured by 20-winseasons but by the number of weekends in March your team plays.

[h4]Post Presence[/h4]
150.gif

DURHAM., N.C. -- On the side of Brian Zoubek's most recent X-ray ran the history of his injured left foot.

"There must have been 80 other X-rays," the Duke big man said.

The 81st time is the charm?

Zoubek, who missed nine games with a fractured fifth metatarsal, finally saw in October what he'd been longing to see -- he was healed and ready to go.

"I should have framed the X-ray," he said.

It's been an arduous road for the 7-1 junior. Though he returned to the Duke lineup in February, he never felt like himself. He couldn't put weight on his foot like he wanted to, seriously inhibiting his lateral movement and footwork.

His own frustrations were only compounded when he heard over and over again the criticisms of his Duke team -- that the Blue Devils didn't have enough post presence to merit a long drive in the NCAA tournament, that they were too small, too ineffective in the paint.

Zoubek averaged just 3.8 points and 3.4 rebounds last season, relegated to little more than a role player.

"Coach would say, 'It's not that we don't have a post player, he's just not healthy," Zoubek said. "It was really hard. I know the kind of player I am and I just couldn't prove it."

The former Parade All-American is perhaps more anxious than anyone on an exceedingly anxious and hungry Duke team.

Nothing has changed in the Blue Devils' lineup. Zoubek remains their biggest and most experienced inside presence, the only returning and legit big man next to 6-8 forwards Kyle Singler and Lance Thomas. (6-10 Miles Plumlee is a rookie).

"I have a huge chip on my shoulder," Zoubek said. "I just want to get out there and show people what I can do. I just can't wait to play."

-- Dana O'Neil
It is at once both the lure and the albatross at Duke, the promise of achieving greatness with the pressure of continuing it.
"Tradition is one of the reasons people come to Duke, but sometimes you focus on that and you put a little too much pressure on yourself," seniorGreg Paulus said. "Every shot is a bigger shot than it has to be."

It has been five seasons since Duke played in a regional final. That doesn't seem like much, particularly considering that year also ended up with aFinal Four spot. Most teams, after all, judge themselves on the number of trips they make to the NCAA tournament.

But Duke is not most teams, and hasn't been since 1980, when a guy with a hard-to-spell, harder-to-pronounce last name turned the program on its ear.The Blue Devils' regular season has been merely a warm-up act for when the real show begins. Duke boasts the tourney's all-time top winning percentage,a gaudy 86-29 (.748) record.

Yet the senior class of Paulus and David McClure are in danger of becoming thesecond consecutive Duke class since Krzyzewski took the Blue Devils to their first Final Four in 1986 to fail to make an Elite Eight in its four-yeartenure.

This crew has gone Sweet 16, first round, second round.

"No one wants to be known as the team that didn't uphold the standards of the program," Gerald Henderson said.

Last season Duke rolled to a 22-1 start on its way to a 26-4 regular-season record, earned a No. 2 seed from the selection committee and then promptly laidits second consecutive March egg.

A year after being ousted in the first round by Virginia Commonwealth, the Blue Devils were one errant Belmont pass away from an epic first-round disaster.Two days later, West Virginia sent them home.

Critics will argue that there was a lot more than success plaguing the Devils.

Without a solid post presence, particularly after Brian Zoubek fractured his foot,Duke became a team of outside shooters, and when the outside shots didn't fall, the Blue Devils became a team easy to beat. Against Belmont, the Devilsshot just 38 percent from the floor and 25 percent from the arc in the second half as they coughed up their 7-point halftime lead.

West Virginia held Duke in check to the tune of 19-for-50 from the floor and 5-of-22 from the 3-point line.

Mix in a 16-rebound differential in favor of the Mountaineers, and the ghost of Christian Laettner doesn't look nearly so culpable.

Krzyzewski admits there was more to his team's problems than the players' psyches, and that the fast start probably was a bit misleading consideringthe inexperience of his team.

But how else to explain, he argues, the complete turnaround from regular season to March season?

Back in the 1990s when Duke was cutting its teeth as a basketball powerhouse, there were no expectations to uphold. Every step forward was a better one thanthe program had ever taken before.

The players played with the levity and enjoyment of ignorance.

Pressure? What pressure?

That, even the players admit, hasn't been the case lately.

[+] http://sports.espn.go.com...?id=3659321&story=3655681','Popup','width=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">Enlarge
http://sports.espn.go.com...?id=3659321&story=3655681','Popup','width=440,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">
ncb_a_zoubek_200.jpg

AP Photo/Susan Wals

The Blue Devils hope a healthy Brian Zoubek translates into a stronger post presence this season.
"The fun has been missing around here a little bit," sophomore JonScheyer said. "We need to get that back."
So how do you do that? It's not like removing the Final Four banners, the national championship trophies and Krzyzewski's résumé will erase whatDuke is.

Some bodies bigger than 6-foot-8 Kyle Singler will help. A healthy Zoubek, 6-10rookie Miles Plumlee and an older, wiser Lance Thomas are candidates. The kind of play Henderson offered at the end of last season,when he single-handedly prevented the disastrous loss to Belmont, will go far. Quicker-footed Nolan Smith at the point will be an upgrade as well.

The rest? Krzyzewski puts the onus on himself. He believes he hasn't done a good enough job of easing the pressure, of reminding his players that theyowe nothing to anyone but themselves and of showing them how to embrace their history without falling victim to it.

"I'm a Cubs fan and it's the same thing but opposite with them," he said. "You're down two games to zero and it's the seventhinning and all of a sudden, you're not facing that pitcher; you're facing 108 years of experiences. How do you not compete against that? That'swhat we have to stop doing. These kids have to play for themselves. They can't play for the past of Duke basketball, for Coach K, for Bobby Hurley. Playfor now. Play for the moment."

5 PLAYERS ON ... The best defense in the conference

"Marquette, because their guards are tough like ours, and they play 40 minutes."
-- Senior forward Shane Clark, Villanova.

"Pittsburgh. They're tough, in your face, very physical, and they never let you get anything easy. That's why they're at the top of the leagueevery single year."
-- Senior guard Kyle McAlarney, Notre Dame.

"Syracuse ... their zone is always tough. I think Syracuse's zone causes problems for a lot of teams."
-- Senior forward Terrence Williams, Louisville.

"West Virginia and Louisville. Because they're the most physical. They don't let you do what you want to do -- there's always somebodybothering you if you have the ball."
-- Junior forward Geoff McDermott, Providence.

"Individually, you have to go with Hasheem Thabeet (of UConn), because he's just such a freak. Length, and tall -- you're not going to see anotherplayer like him in the country. But as a team, Marquette always has interesting things to throw against me, so it's always interesting to see what theyhave, too. They mix it up -- the double team's always coming from some other spot, keeping me on my toes.
-- Junior forward Luke Harangody, Notre Dame.

No comment.

I expect Gaddy to go the Memphis route, with Washington having an outside chance. I know he visited UCLA but I just don't think he wants to have to competefor PT.

DICKIE V.'s 2008-09 PRESEASON ALL-SOLID GOLD TEAMS

FIRST TEAM
  • C-Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina
  • F-Luke Harangody, Notre Dame
  • F-Chase Budinger, Arizona
  • G-Stephen Curry, Davidson
  • G-Darren Collison, UCLA
SECOND TEAM
  • C-Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut
  • F-Tyler Smith, Tennessee
  • F-Damion James, Texas
  • G-Ty Lawson, North Carolina
  • G-A.J. Abrams, Texas
THIRD TEAM
  • C-DeJuan Blair, Pittsburgh
  • F-Patrick Patterson, Kentucky
  • F-Blake Griffin, Oklahoma
  • G-Tyrese Rice, Boston College
  • G-James Harden, Arizona State
FOURTH TEAM
  • C-A.J. Ogilvy, Vanderbilt
  • F-Sam Young, Pittsburgh
  • F-Jon Brockman, Washington
  • G-Wayne Ellington, North Carolina
  • G-Dominic James, Marquette
FIFTH TEAM
  • C-Earl Clark, Louisville
  • F-Gerald Henderson, Duke
  • F-Robbie Hummel, Purdue
  • G-A.J. Price, Connecticut
  • G-Jack McClinton, Miami-Florida
HONORABLE MENTION: Others who could earn postseason All-America honors. They are talented and capable of making a splash:
  • Jeff Adrien, Connecticut
  • Derrick Brown, Xavier
  • Nick Calathes, Florida
  • Dionte Christmas, Temple
  • Sherron Collins, Kansas
  • Brandon Costner, N.C. State
  • Lee Cummard, BYU
  • Austin Daye, Gonzaga
  • LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor
  • Jonny Flynn, Syracuse
  • Alonzo Gee, Alabama
  • Taj Gibson, USC
  • Manny Harris, Michigan
  • Josh Heytvelt, Gonzaga
  • Stefon Jackson, UTEP
  • Curtis Jerrells, Baylor
  • James Johnson, Wake Forest
  • Marcus Landry, Wisconsin
  • Kalin Lucas, Michigan State
  • Eric Maynor, VCU
  • Kyle McAlarney, Notre Dame
  • Geoff McDermott, Providence
  • Jerel McNeal, Marquette
  • Patrick Mills, St. Mary's
  • Tasmin Mitchell, LSU
  • E'Twaun Moore, Purdue
  • Raymar Morgan, Michigan State
  • Luke Nevill, Utah
  • Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga
  • Jeff Pendergraph, Arizona State
  • TaJuan Porter, Oregon
  • Scottie Reynolds, Villanova
  • K.C. Rivers, Clemson
  • Diamon Simpson, St. Mary's
  • Kyle Singler, Duke
  • Edgar Sosa, Louisville
  • Ronald Steele, Alabama
  • Robert Vaden, UAB
  • Greivis Vasquez, Maryland
  • Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State
  • Deonta Vaughn, Cincinnati
  • Terence Williams, Louisville
Somebody give the memo to these media types..that Dominic James SUCKS. Like, he should not even be starting over Acker or Cubillian at this point. He'sthat bad. This aint 3 years ago.

Then he's got Abrams 2nd team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chase first team
laugh.gif

Dominic James over Jonny?
roll.gif

Dominic James making any team
roll.gif

Chase Budinger on the 1st team is preposterous. Tell him to grow a pair or go back to Volleyball.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I expect Gaddy to go the Memphis route, with Washington having an outside chance. I know he visited UCLA but I just don't think he wants to have to compete for PT.

Gaddy final two schools were UCLA and Zona when he decommitted the first time. Gaddy would start once he lays foot on school, he's that good. He wouldget plenty of playing time at ucla. Memphis does have Pastner
grin.gif
and WorldWide Wes so i wouldnt be surprise if he picked memphis

Originally Posted by allen3xis

DICKIE V.'s 2008-09 PRESEASON ALL-SOLID GOLD TEAMS

FIRST TEAM
  • C-Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina
  • F-Luke Harangody, Notre Dame
  • F-Chase Budinger, Arizona
  • G-Stephen Curry, Davidson
  • G-Darren Collison, UCLA
SECOND TEAM
  • C-Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut
  • F-Tyler Smith, Tennessee
  • F-Damion James, Texas
  • G-Ty Lawson, North Carolina
  • G-A.J. Abrams, Texas
THIRD TEAM
  • C-DeJuan Blair, Pittsburgh
  • F-Patrick Patterson, Kentucky
  • F-Blake Griffin, Oklahoma
  • G-Tyrese Rice, Boston College
  • G-James Harden, Arizona State
FOURTH TEAM
  • C-A.J. Ogilvy, Vanderbilt
  • F-Sam Young, Pittsburgh
  • F-Jon Brockman, Washington
  • G-Wayne Ellington, North Carolina
  • G-Dominic James, Marquette
FIFTH TEAM
  • C-Earl Clark, Louisville
  • F-Gerald Henderson, Duke
  • F-Robbie Hummel, Purdue
  • G-A.J. Price, Connecticut
  • G-Jack McClinton, Miami-Florida
HONORABLE MENTION: Others who could earn postseason All-America honors. They are talented and capable of making a splash:
  • Jeff Adrien, Connecticut
  • Derrick Brown, Xavier
  • Nick Calathes, Florida
  • Dionte Christmas, Temple
  • Sherron Collins, Kansas
  • Brandon Costner, N.C. State
  • Lee Cummard, BYU
  • Austin Daye, Gonzaga
  • LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor
  • Jonny Flynn, Syracuse
  • Alonzo Gee, Alabama
  • Taj Gibson, USC
  • Manny Harris, Michigan
  • Josh Heytvelt, Gonzaga
  • Stefon Jackson, UTEP
  • Curtis Jerrells, Baylor
  • James Johnson, Wake Forest
  • Marcus Landry, Wisconsin
  • Kalin Lucas, Michigan State
  • Eric Maynor, VCU
  • Kyle McAlarney, Notre Dame
  • Geoff McDermott, Providence
  • Jerel McNeal, Marquette
  • Patrick Mills, St. Mary's
  • Tasmin Mitchell, LSU
  • E'Twaun Moore, Purdue
  • Raymar Morgan, Michigan State
  • Luke Nevill, Utah
  • Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga
  • Jeff Pendergraph, Arizona State
  • TaJuan Porter, Oregon
  • Scottie Reynolds, Villanova
  • K.C. Rivers, Clemson
  • Diamon Simpson, St. Mary's
  • Kyle Singler, Duke
  • Edgar Sosa, Louisville
  • Ronald Steele, Alabama
  • Robert Vaden, UAB
  • Greivis Vasquez, Maryland
  • Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State
  • Deonta Vaughn, Cincinnati
  • Terence Williams, Louisville
Somebody give the memo to these media types..that Dominic James SUCKS. Like, he should not even be starting over Acker or Cubillian at this point. He's that bad. This aint 3 years ago.

Then he's got Abrams 2nd team
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chase first team
laugh.gif

Getting his Roxy Reynolds on I see
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom