The College Basketball Post

MD vs KU :smokin

We played like trash for all but 3 minutes or so last night against Hawaii. Pressure off us and onto the Jayhawks now though...

I really don't think oregon has the horses to take advantage of Dukes weakneses. And Brandon Ingram was manufactured in a lab to defend small ball 4s oergon had like Dillon Brooks.

I would go duke. Hope im wrong.

Heard this morning that 15 of the 16 teams left are all from major conferences, with Gonzaga being the one exception and they're no stranger. Parity overrated?

IU taking down UNC down breh **** the Tarheels
lmao. Tom creen don't even believe he's gonna win.

unless IU gets brandon ingram to suit up no stretch 4 is "blazing" our bigs. 

eat on the glass and run y'all country boys out the gym. Yogi don't want it.

Last edited:

IU taking down UNC down breh **** the Tarheels
lmao. Tom creen don't even believe he's gonna win.

unless IU gets brandon ingram to suit up no stretch 4 is "blazing" our bigs. 

eat on the glass and run y'all country boys out the gym. Yogi don't want it.
Bruh you really got faith in that light skinned inconsistent crying bastard in Marcus Paige though? I know Brice is gonna eat but if he gets in foul trouble its a wrap.

Your fat *** big Meeks is so crap. Gotta be the softest 6'9 265 forward to ever lace them up. It's gonna be a close one though! Can't wait to watch.

roll.gif

meeks is trash, but hicks is playing outta his mind right now. We'll see if you guys have an answer for him and brice.

paige gonna bang out on Yogi just for that. while berry splashes 3's in his face. 

roll.gif

meeks is trash, but hicks is playing outta his mind right now. We'll see if you guys have an answer for him and brice.

paige gonna bang out on Yogi just for that. while berry splashes 3's in his face. 
Damn you really got faith in that light skinned demon? The same demon who's numbers have gone down every year since his soph year? You don't even believe what you're saying B 
laugh.gif

Berry cold tho

Derrick Williams isn't eligible anymore, don't worry.

Oregon is the only Pac-12 team (out of 7) going to the 2nd round and the other 6 weren't seeded lower than 8. Really poor showing by the Pac-12 after they were shown a lot of love last weekend.

UNC, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, ND, Miami. The ACC makes up 6 of the Sweet 16 and they none of them play each other. We could very well have an Elite 8 with all 6 of them still alive. The ACC Tournament continues...

Meanwhile Pitt :smh:

But this got people kinda hype

Reports: Pitt's Jamie Dixon considering head coach job at TCU
March 20, 2016 9:13 PM
Pitt's Jamie Dixon
Pitt's Jamie Dixon Pitt head coach Jamie Dixon talks to the press on Thursday before Pitt faced Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. According to CBS Sports, Dixon is being considered for the head coach position at TCU, his alma mater.
Matt Freed/Post-Gazette
Pitt head coach Jamie Dixon talks to the press on Thursday before Pitt faced Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. According to CBS Sports, Dixon is being considered for the head coach position at TCU, his alma mater.
By Paul Zeise / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pitt coach Jamie Dixon is tied to another job opening. This time: TCU, his alma mater.

The Fort Worth Star Telegram reported late Sunday night that Dixon and TCU were closing in on a deal to make Dixon the Horned Frogs’ new basketball coach. According to the report, Dixon was trying to piece together a staff with Texas ties.

Dixon did not return phone calls Sunday night and Pitt athletic director Scott Barnes did not respond to text messages.

A Pitt athletic department spokesman released a statement Sunday night, saying: “It is our practice to not make statements regarding other institutions’ coaching searches. So we will respectfully decline comment.”

Several people around the department and others who know Dixon said he has a good relationship with TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte, and that has resulted in some discussions between the two, though some were skeptical if Dixon was seriously considering the offer.

Dixon was instrumental in reaching out to Del Conte and getting TCU into the Big East Conference in 2011, but the league then fell apart and TCU found a home in the Big 12.

Gary Parrish of CBS Sports first reported there was mutual interest between Dixon and TCU.

Dixon’s ability to seek other jobs is limited, though, by his contract with Pitt, which runs through 2023 and has a buyout that is believed to be in the $10 million range. Dixon makes about $3.2 million per year, according to tax documents the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette obtained in May 2015.

That would mean in order to sign him to a similar deal — five years is a typical length for a contract — TCU would have to pay, between the contract and buyout, about $26 million.

But Parrish, citing sources, wrote that money will not be an obstacle for TCU and that they will pony up to hire Dixon and make sure he doesn’t take less money.

Pitt is coming off a tough loss to Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament, and several people around Dixon said he has felt the criticism from fans and media members and knows he has become a victim of his own success.

The position at Pitt also is different than the one he took in 2003 because the Panthers are in the ACC not the Big East and he has admitted that the transition has been a little tougher and taken a little longer than he first anticipated.

Still, one source close to the situation said that while Dixon “hears and reads what people are saying,” the source believed it is “unlikely” Dixon is going to take the job, considering what Dixon has built at Pitt and what it would take to be competitive in Fort Worth.

TCU fired Trent Johnson after four seasons in which he was 50-79 overall and 8-64 in Big 12 games, which is the lowest winning percentage for a coach (.111 in conference games) in conference history. The Horned Frogs also have not made it to the NCAA tournament since 1998 and have played in the tournament only seven times in their history.

Dixon played at TCU from 1984-87.

Never too late. You can always sell the ticket

cant do that to myself....hey last year i was good luck i was at final 4 and we won lol....i was talking to my friend and he asked me how i would feel about duke and unc championship game...i told him i dont think my heart would be able to take it...i couldn't handle the loss if it were to happen

cant do that to myself....hey last year i was good luck i was at final 4 and we won lol....i was talking to my friend and he asked me how i would feel about duke and unc championship game...i told him i dont think my heart would be able to take it...i couldn't handle the loss if it were to happen

:lol: no doubt

Back
Top Bottom