The College Basketball Post

Monk was hot yesterday, but I still see the same flaws in his game.

Lives on tough jumpers, struggles to create high percentage looks in the hzlf court

doesn't matter when he's hot though.

Isn't that partly due to UK not having a lot of floor spacers? And how much of that is due to what he's asked to do? 

Isn't that partly due to UK not having a lot of floor spacers? And how much of that is due to what he's asked to do? 

yeah but he was like that in high school.

you also saw it in the ucla game, and hints of it in that UNC game, handle and instincts aren't good enough to create paint looks.

he's will settle for contested jumpers way too often.

he's only 18 so he can obviously develop that, im just saying right now he's very JR Smith-y to me.p which is both good and bad.

:smh:

Monks averaging almost 22 a game, on 58/42/82%. In less than 30 mins a game. Not too shabby for a "low IQ" player that settles for contested low percentage shots. :rolleyes

What's defined as a low percentage shot depends on who's shooting them. Monk is not forcing bad shots and getting lucky. He picks his spots, and shoots shots that he can hit. And he's been hitting them, every game, consistently.

Now, would I like him to drive more? Absolutely. But to act like he can't create good shots for himself is nonsense. He's been doing it all season.

:smh:

Monks averaging almost 22 a game, on 58/42/82%. In less than 30 mins a game. Not too shabby for a "low IQ" player that settles for contested low percentage shots. :rolleyes

What's defined as a low percentage shot depends on who's shooting them. Monk is not forcing bad shots and getting lucky. He picks his spots, and shoots shots that he can hit. And he's been hitting them, every game, consistently.

Now, would I like him to drive more? Absolutely. But to act like he can't create good shots for himself is nonsense. He's been doing it all season.

I was specific; I said he can't create high percentage paint looks in the half court. and he hasn't been doing that. He's been living on jumpers, which is fine because they have been going in...

How many guys can live on contested jumpers like that? He def forces shots, you saw it in the UCLA game, took couple bad 3's down the stretch.

lets wait for the whole season to see how those percentages hold up. I'm not hating on him,

I'm just saying he's got enough flaws in his game where im not ready to anoit Fox and Monk the best back court calls ever had.

It's really hard to have an effective offense when your PG can't shoot 3's,

Fox is talented, but the lack of a jumper and the frail frame that will make it tough for him to finish on the next level.

This draft class is wierd, it's really deep, and strong, but other than Fultz I see no no doubter all stars.

I have no clue who's going to be the all stars out of Monk, Ball, Markken, Issac, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith, Giles, Fox, Tatum.

You could convince me it will all of them or none of them. :lol:

Five-star forward Jarred Vanderbilt (No. 23) tells ESPN he's down to Kentucky, North Carolina, TCU and Oregon.

My Old AD from high school who has been Wesleyan's for the past 4 years told me that Harry has been healthy for awhile now but they've been dealing with academic issues. Hes never steered me wrong before but take it fwiw.

You have no chance of winning @ Duke.

These ***** be in the bonus before the 15 min mark :smh:

Tennessee State should be up by 5 at least. I hate college homecourt advantage vs non conference teams. It's ridiculous.

This TN State team can hang. They should've beat NC State at State the other week. That Mccaw kid on TSU is nice as hell. Mad shifty.

He HAS to be related to Pat McCaw :lol:

Back
Top Bottom