The College Basketball Post

The pieces are there but I'm not really sold on this team yet.

They haven't cemented their offensive identity yet, they're just out there playing 5 on 5 ball.

Bagley should be getting at least 20 shots a game; Carter 15.

Should be playing thru them every possession, this is ridiculous.

The chemistry those two have will only grow. Both need touches immediately to start every game.

Defense has to improve. Can't go through the season allowing 70-80 ppg

Luke Maye with a smooth 27. Dude is a legitimate stud. **** is mind-boggling. :lol:

Solid bounce-back win for the boys.
I thought this dude was a bum last year that started to get lucky and hit some shots in the tourney, but now he's out here looking like prime Kevin Love :lol:

Bagley should be getting at least 20 shots a game; Carter 15.

Should be playing thru them every possession, this is ridiculous.
Bagley should be getting force-fed. He's either going to get a decent look up, or he's showing that he can make a decent pass out of the post. Wendell has a nice post game too. Those two and Grayson should be the whole offense, with everyone else just around to take open shots.

was watching the game in labor and delivery room today lol....but like woody says..defense has to be cleaned up...i think they are capable but just don't really lock in until the last 5 minutes...kinda reminds me of the last chip team...they really hit stride on defense come tournament time...when needed to be this team can play some defense...9 games in 20 days probably killed them as well...had to grind out some games

The bench is utter trash too. Can never develop a damn bench.

Obviously, you know where my loyalties lie, but I've never understood that either. Always wondered what some of these dudes would look like at other programs. It's kinda-sorta like playing for Bob Knight. Sounds horrible, right? Unless you're the type of person that KNOWS that is the way you need to be motivated and you succeed under that type of coaching. Takes a special person to look at a roster of Burger Boys, knowing that some of them are just going to ride the pine, and say "Yeah, but I won't be one of them."

Clearly works for some of them, clearly doesn't for others. Just my two cents.

I just don’t understand how year in and year out we have a 7 man rotation. There’s no reason Jordan Tucker isn’t getting any minutes. Same thing when Semi was here, let them get a few mins of burn.

We saw what happened with Grayson his frosh year.

Always been a short rotation and see both sides of the coin.

If you want to be part of the rotation then the easiest way is to bring it on defense. But I also agree that K doesn't do a good enough job evaluating those 3-4 star players as rotational players off the bench.

At the same time, we've had 5 stars come thru, suck, transfer, and still not amount to **** (Boykin, Boateng, Taylor King). Curious to see how Jeter and lil Bow Wow at USC turn out.

It really might be that Duke doesn’t analyze those 30-100 players that well. That’s really my best guess.
Feel like those guys have egos just as big as the top ten. Don't want any part of coming off the bench when some coaching staff is promising 25min+/game to them.

Just can’t stand the bench man. I get it they will get recruited over, but it’s crazy man... going to kill Duke in March.

Think your starting core is just too strong to worry about a weak bench. Not seeing enough teams running an effective press for you guys to get tired enough to need a bench.

Always been a short rotation and see both sides of the coin.

If you want to be part of the rotation then the easiest way is to bring it on defense. But I also agree that K doesn't do a good enough job evaluating those 3-4 star players as rotational players off the bench.

At the same time, we've had 5 stars come thru, suck, transfer, and still not amount to **** (Boykin, Boateng, Taylor King). Curious to see how Jeter and lil Bow Wow at USC turn out.
Jeter will stink where ever he goes.

You guys need to recruit more guys like Tyler Thornton who can ride the pine for a few years and then be bench players as junior/seniors. More three star/four star guys with potential.

Just can’t stand the bench man. I get it they will get recruited over, but it’s crazy man... going to kill Duke in March.

A lot of our teams don't even have McDonald All Americans on the roster. This dude better not be whining and crying because he doesn't have any studs coming off the bench

K has rolled with an 8 man rotation for atleast the last 8-10 years. 2011 may be the exception.

White/Tucker/Vrank could all get minutes and be solid but it's just not how he does it. Tucker could definitely provide the boost on defense and shooting.

****, Goldwire got a good amount of minutes against MSU and looked fine but has barely played since

Goldwire, Tucker, DeLaurier = The Lee Melchionni's, Dave McClure's, Ty Thornton's, etc.

4 year guys who will be solid rotational guys by junior/senior year (DeLaurier is already there).

The problem is that we've just had too many guys leave early or transfer over the last 3 years, hence the shortage of experience off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom