The College Basketball Post

That was a great game

March Madness started off slow but it's still been an OK tournament overall
The one thing you get with no upsets early on, is good games later, because the better teams are left. That's pretty much what we've got this weekend

TTU-Zaga
UVA-Purdue

VT-Duke
UH-UK

Purdue-Tenn

were all good games. 5/10 games so far is a good number

******* hate Virginia

The two stuck up white guards, the annoying lil ******, the blonde haired dude, the big redneck looking center. Hunter is the only one I care for.

Gonzaga has been the most successful school on the west coast for like the past 15 years.

even if you took them outta the WCC and into the pac 12 they'd still be a top 25 team every year.

Few has been there since 1999. 2 seasons with less than 25 wins. tournament appearances every year. He's built that program into a powerhouse.

You need LUCK to win an ncaa tournament fellas. I can't stress that enough.

Gonzaga has been the most successful school on the west coast for like the past 15 years.

even if you took them outta the WCC and into the pac 12 they'd still be a top 25 team every year.

Few has been there since 1999. 2 seasons with less than 25 wins. tournament appearances every year. He's built that program into a powerhouse.

You need LUCK to win an ncaa tournament fellas. I can't stress that enough.

Look at the Kemba/UConn run

Dude makes $1.8 mil vs Chris beard and big power5 football money at $3 million
It's been a consistent run but Gonzaga didn't make the final four until yr 16-17 for mark few. Not that he's on his way out. But power 5 football money is a losing gamble against. Might as well join them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska go far or a Rutgers in the next few years. The Gonzagas and non power 5 are becoming extinct. TT and Auburn were trash just years ago. It's not a coincidence.

Yep. I mean tonight was a prime example. There should've been no OT. Diakite doesn't work on that shot, but hey, it went in for uva and now they're headed to the F4.

Not many tournaments are there teams that just run through the entire competition. 09 UNC and last years nova team are not the norm.

Yep. I mean tonight was a prime example. There should've been no OT. Diakite doesn't work on that shot, but hey, it went in for uva and now they're headed to the F4.

Not many tournaments are there teams that just run through the entire competition. 09 UNC and last years nova team are not the norm.

Texas Tech has been pretty dominant in their Final Four run

Yea they have, but they were just in a dog fight tonight against the zags.

And I'm sure if they matchup against duke or michigan state it will be close.

So brutal...I'm always a fan of the fouling strategy when up 3 and less than 7 seconds left but everything just backfired for Purdue. #24 was completely lost, if he had just stayed home on Diakite, the ball wouldn't have gone there and UVA probably has to force up the prayer from half court

So brutal...I'm always a fan of the fouling strategy when up 3 and less than 7 seconds left but everything just backfired for Purdue. #24 was completely lost, if he had just stayed home on Diakite, the ball wouldn't have gone there and UVA probably has to force up the prayer from half court

how often does the ball get tipped all the way to the other end? unfortunate circumstance but still think it was the right strategy.
i am pretty sure they prepare for the rebound and kickout to the three or quick put back, but that ending was just scramble mode :lol:

With the amount of time left after they fouled, they very easily could've given up an offensive rebound on the 2nd foul shot and then given up a 3 pt attempt that could've won the game.

Painter said after the game that he didn't think they'd try to miss the 2nd shot. Wild.

Dude makes $1.8 mil vs Chris beard and big power5 football money at $3 million
It's been a consistent run but Gonzaga didn't make the final four until yr 16-17 for mark few. Not that he's on his way out. But power 5 football money is a losing gamble against. Might as well join them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska go far or a Rutgers in the next few years. The Gonzagas and non power 5 are becoming extinct. TT and Auburn were trash just years ago. It's not a coincidence.
Mark Few has been given offers numerous times the last 20 years and he’s turned them all down. He’s not going anywhere.

TT hired Beard away 10 days after he signed to UNLV after success at Arkansas Pine Bluff.

Auburn has an upper tier HC in Pearl who was exiled from Tenn for multiple NCAA infractions. But before that he was a success at UW-Milwaukee.

My point being, smaller schools always find these upstart HCs who become successful then get pillaged for more money at P5 schools. P5 schools need the mid majors.

Few has taken the Zags to five straight sweet 16s with a mid major. That in itself is an accomplishment. Hes definitely had teams that underachieved over the years. I'd include this years team as they do have an early W against Duke and were looking like one of the elite teams this season. He also recruits extremely well.and gets top tier transfers, I mean who had heard of Clarke before this season.

But in the grand scheme think about if the NBA playoffs were seeded 1-16 with single game eliminations. I almost can guarantee you the best team gets upset at least 50% if not more. A seven game series the best team generally wins due to many factors that a single game just doesn't afford you.

Is Beard not a good offensive coach, or is he just working with what he has this year as far as players?

I ask because that's someone I could see taking over at MSU after Izzo retires if he continues progressing

Back
Top Bottom