The College Basketball Post

Crazy that SC has been such a weak basketball program for so long. All that talent in SoCal and surround areas and all that damn money.

USC gonna be pretty nice this year too right?
I feel like we've been saying this the last 3-4 years and both UCLA and USC have just underperformed which is a shame.

Please don’t let this kid go to Kansas, Arizona or Oregon.

Self and Sean will waste him and nobody is checking for games in Eugene.

Do I hear some east coast bias? Lol jk looking forard to see him play actual comp with a roster around him in a non-AAU setting.

Jalen Green is proof that no matter how talented you are you still need some help against top level highschool teams

The NCAA sick of Bron and Rich Paul’s shenanigans. :lol:
Maybe it is just to weed out some of these predators who are fleecing these kids and screwing with their eligibility at the same time.

Don't even think Rich Paul going after the kids this will protect.

Maybe it is just to weed out some of these predators who are fleecing these kids and screwing with their eligibility at the same time.

Don't even think Rich Paul going after the kids this will protect.

Yea, could be to stop dudes like Christian Dawkins - the guy behind the whole Adidas scandal (that ended up resulting in nothing anyway). He wasn't an actual agent, just a "runner" for an agent or something like that.

Yea, could be to stop dudes like Christian Dawkins - the guy behind the whole Adidas scandal (that ended up resulting in nothing anyway). He wasn't an actual agent, just a "runner" for an agent or something like that.
Feel like Klutch is targeting guys who really are pro-ready and are just doing the year to meet draft eligibility. It is the kids on the border of maybe getting drafted and maybe not that need to hang on to eligibility in case they would like that free degree as a backup to a less than guaranteed pro career.

Feel like Klutch is targeting guys who really are pro-ready and are just doing the year to meet draft eligibility. It is the kids on the border of maybe getting drafted and maybe not that need to hang on to eligibility in case they would like that free degree as a backup to a less than guaranteed pro career.

The same exact kids who will circumvent the NCAA altogether when the NBA drops the age limit...which is why this is such a non-story to me and being overblown because of the optics and people not understanding nuance.

The same exact kids who will circumvent the NCAA altogether when the NBA drops the age limit...which is why this is such a non-story to me and being overblown because of the optics and people not understanding nuance.
Bingo!

I do wish that more was done to protect these kids that have enough talent to get a scholarship, but have people in their ears telling them they are lottery picks when they clearly aren't. So in the end they end up with no degree or pro career. Usually it is the parents' responsibility to look out for their kids, but some see their kid as a meal ticket, and that is if the kid even has parents in his life.

For the record I'm not even sure if this move by the NCAA is even the solution to that.

Bingo!

I do wish that more was done to protect these kids that have enough talent to get a scholarship, but have people in their ears telling them they are lottery picks when they clearly aren't. So in the end they end up with no degree or pro career. Usually it is the parents' responsibility to look out for their kids, but some see their kid as a meal ticket, and that is if the kid even has parents in his life.

For the record I'm not even sure if this move by the NCAA is even the solution to that.

How often has this happened in the one-and-done era? From my understanding...NBA teams and draft personnel have been providing enough feedback to prospects before the deadline to withdraw. Any kid that THINKS he's a high draft pick...is not getting past the combine without assurance from any NBA team that he actually is one. If a guy (take Naz Reid for example) is getting feedback that he's a a bubble 1st-rounder at best...he should be able to bet on himself and test the waters. Thanks to the rule the NCAA put in last season...he COULD have returned to LSU. Cream will always rise to the top.

There are going to be kids that slip through the cracks. There's no way to 100% safe guard that. Take a kid like Renardo Sidney who is an example of someone who fell victim to a shady support system and bad habits that went unchecked. A kid like that can't be saved...and he's not thinking about college degree anyway. 99.9% of elite youth basketball prospects are NOT thinking about a college degree. They are basketball lifers and will be playing in Mexico for 65K a year if it's going to put food on the table and they're ok with that. Trying to find a way to help and develop life/career skills/trades as an alternative to a professional basketball career for the kids that might not make it? That's something to has to be cultivated at a grassroots level.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that's something that will never happen for those basketball for life hoop dream kids, as long as the people in their corner are pushing false dreams and hopes.

anyone have MSU predictions for the season? i hope Rocket gets meaningful minutes and that foster loyer is relegated to the bench.

A lot of people picking them to win the Big 10 , but I love Maryland . Sticks and Wiggins will play in the NBA .

btw : UK winning the SEC easy

anyone have MSU predictions for the season? i hope Rocket gets meaningful minutes and that foster loyer is relegated to the bench.

Rockets minutes will depend on his defense. I see him coming off the bench more in a scoring role than running pure PG

Loyer is only a sophomore so I'm not writing him off just yet. Good passer and shooter, if he can get over the mental aspect of it. Never gonna be a high caliber athlete, but all we need is for him and rocket to provide backup minutes to give Cash a rest

2020 Top-10 kid Greg Brown is down to five: Auburn, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina & Texas

Last edited:
Well put. Klutch isn’t messing with these fringe players anyways. And on top of that, there’s no way Rich doesn’t have folks on his roster that can fit those guidelines if needed :lol:

UNC was going to meet kentucky in the final if Kendall didn't break his wrist.
Think how many championships we left out there due to a key injury.
WCS out against UConn. Him switching onto those guards that were killing us on the switches.
Poythress out against UW. He was the perfect counter to Dekker who was the difference.
Derek Anderson out against Arizona in the NC game that we lost in OT.

Back
Top Bottom