The College Basketball Post

Does anyone else not really care about these rivalry games with conference shuffling?

Man I didn’t even know UNC/Duke was on. Was just telling my wife how crazy it is now that folks don’t even really pay attention to the college hoops landscape unless it’s your team. Meanwhile when we were in college we knew every time UNC/Duke was on because it’s all they talked about on Espn for the whole week prior to the game :lol:

Must’ve shown bloody *** Psycho T a billion times.

Man I didn’t even know UNC/Duke was on. Was just telling my wife how crazy it is now that folks don’t even really pay attention to the college hoops landscape unless it’s your team. Meanwhile when we were in college we knew every time UNC/Duke was on because it’s all they talked about on Espn for the whole week prior to the game :lol:

You didn’t know it was on cause y’all got scared and left the ACC!

Just the changing college sports landscape. The front of the jersey is pretty irrelevant to a lot of people and teams are just more balanced with the talent. Not to mention the larger than life coaches are not really around so there's that

Pretty bummed, I got offered a ticket to go see Caitlin Clark tonight but couldn’t get child care figured out. Feels like a missed opportunity. Game sold out a couple months ago. Looks like a good atmosphere.

It’s crazy how she’s like far and away the biggest thing in college hoops. Way bigger of a deal than anything on the men’s side.

Does anyone else not really care about these rivalry games with conference shuffling?

I mean if UNC leaves the ACC at some point, it's not like they won't be able to schedule a game against Duke every year at least in basketball. I don't think anyone cares about UNC/Duke football :lol:

I mean if UNC leaves the ACC at some point, it's not like they won't be able to schedule a game against Duke every year at least in basketball. I don't think anyone cares about UNC/Duke football :lol:
Given how these conferences are shaking up I don't know if that would be a guarantee. Look how the Bedlam rivalry is now gone when OU left.

IMG_1749.gif

Rivalry wouldn’t have the same juice if they weren’t in the same conference. Guaranteed round robin format and a potential 3rd game in the conference tournament does so much for CBB. Consistently the most watched game YoY

Rivalry wouldn’t have the same juice if they weren’t in the same conference. Guaranteed round robin format and a potential 3rd game in the conference tournament does so much for CBB. Consistently the most watched game YoY

I mean casuals are already done with it - college sports are done

Back
Top Bottom