The College Basketball Post

Alright girls, simmer down.

What conference tournies is everybody looking forward to? we're only about a week away from some of them starting up.

I think the mountain west, atlantic 10, and horizon league are all going to be really fun to watch... while the MVC arch madness is not going to be as good asin recent years.

wow... what the hell happened in the last couple pages. this is why i don't really post in this thread
laugh.gif

KU bout to back into the regular season title...

roll.gif

L'Ville is running away with this one.

LOL...this team is pathetic. It's not the talent either. I don't care how much success this offense has had in the past...JT3 either needs to let thoseboys go or lose the offense. Besides that...this is just a soft bunch of dudes. A bunch of catholic school choir boys. Toughest person on the team is Jessieand he's not hittin for @+** this year. Chris needs just go out there and do his thing tonight...them other %#*#!@ don't feel like playing. Greg Monroeis soft as cotton...no matter how talented he is. Jeff showed a mean streak every now and then...Greg never does. Sims is just not ready yet. Vaughn ain'teither...and even when he does get ready he's still a finesse big man...he'll never be a beast. Jason Clark...looks REAL shaky when that pressure ison. Nikita...ain't ready for the situation he's in but he's giving his all so I can't be mad at him. Dajuan is soft too...don't let all thescreaming fool you.

Gtown's numbers don't really add up - they are solid in terms of efficiency on both ends of the court. They do some really bad stuff though - give upway too many o-rebounds, give up way too many foul shots to opponents, and they turn the ball over too much. Those things shouldn't go along with theefficiency numbers they rock.. only glaring reason i see for it is they get a lot of minutes from inexperienced guys, and with a system like JT3's, it cantake a few years in the system to "get it".

Perplexing to say the least though.

Yall been focusing on the wrong side of the ball with this team ALL year.

there is nothing wrong with the offense.

This defense is and has been atrocious.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

LOL...this team is pathetic. It's not the talent either. I don't care how much success this offense has had in the past...JT3 either needs to let those boys go or lose the offense. Besides that...this is just a soft bunch of dudes. A bunch of catholic school choir boys. Toughest person on the team is Jessie and he's not hittin for @+** this year. Chris needs just go out there and do his thing tonight...them other %#*#!@ don't feel like playing. Greg Monroe is soft as cotton...no matter how talented he is. Jeff showed a mean streak every now and then...Greg never does. Sims is just not ready yet. Vaughn ain't either...and even when he does get ready he's still a finesse big man...he'll never be a beast. Jason Clark...looks REAL shaky when that pressure is on. Nikita...ain't ready for the situation he's in but he's giving his all so I can't be mad at him. Dajuan is soft too...don't let all the screaming fool you.
Exactly. The system is not working, period.

Greg is obviously their best player, so feed it into the post and let the offense build around that. First 30 possessions and he gets 3 touches?
laugh.gif

Their personnel and their strategy just don't add up. It makes no %%#%!%% sense...at all. I have hardly ever seen their offense run the way it's"supposed" to this season. Their ball movement is stagnant. Their 3-point shooting is decent at best. Their offense is just painful to watch. Theydon't look organized (or confident) at all.

Allen: regardless of their defense, you can't win games with offensive outputs like that, especially in that conference. It's not the Big 10.

it's not the offense tho...it's handling pressure and turning it over. That is youth mostly.

the team still shot 52% against them (a top D) in the first half.

The 'system' got a Final 4, Sweet 16 a BET title and 2 regular season titles and 4 years, now it needs to be ditched?

How bout better execution which comes with experience?

This OU @ A&M womens' game is pretty good...granted it's womens' basketball, but this one aint too bad.

Plus it's $1 night...the hot dogs are about to get abused in the second half...

There isn't much difference between Brandon Bowman and DaJuan Summers.

He's sucked so much this year he's gona have no choice but to return.

Originally Posted by tmay407

This OU @ A&M womens' game is pretty good...granted it's womens' basketball, but this one aint too bad.

Plus it's $1 night...the hot dogs are about to get abused in the second half...
dude... why are you always at women's games?
laugh.gif
stop..

son allen it's the offense execution. if you score, you'll play d.

they aren't executing. use some dribble penetration something. they are settling for BAD jumpshots.

roll.gif
Shut up Craftsy

1) I get extra credit in my Business Law class for coming to these games.
2) One of my roommates annoys the hell out of me, so I try not to be at the apartment too much.

That ******ed passing the ball around the perimeter when you're down 9 with a minute and a half left...that's by design. That's not a personnelproblems because there are guys on the team that can get to the rack in a hurry. That's what JT3 called from the sidelines. That's my point. Theoffense just doesn't make sense some times. It's pretty when things are clicking...when they aren't...it's time to do something else. Pound theball inside...run some two man game...something. Passing the ball around 50 times and then realizing you have to jack a shot up when you can't get the ballinside is not a good look for a team with no elite shooters.

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by MDterps4

RellNye

You are trying way too hard my dude. Not only is that you mad *!$+ not funny and played out, your execution was terribly off. There is no hint in my post that would lead to a "you mad" response, all I did was simply imply that Syracuse sucks.

Back to College Hoops...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If we're going back to College Hoops then you should exit this thread.
indifferent.gif

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't get the joke...
nerd.gif

allen, I'm sorry, but Georgetown sucks.

Back
Top Bottom