The College Basketball Post

Draft Express released some analysis and physical stats from the combine http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2014-Kentucky-Combine-Measurements-and-Analysis-4747 interesting read..
Very very interesting. This is awesome info to have

Tyler Ulis measured just 5'8 with a 155 pound frame and 6'1 wingspan. For reference, Isaiah Thomas measured 5'9.5 with shoes (Ulis was 5'9 in shoes) with a 182-pound frame and 6'0 wingspan coming out of Washington.

At least he has a longer wing span than Isaiah Thomas, I'm really rooting for Ulis to not only flourish in college but to make a splash in the pros. I hope he can do it, a lot of fun to watch out there because he doesn't have to score the ball to be effective. He can definitely stroke it though and that's pretty key.

Last edited:
Who the hell is Dominique Hawkins? Fool posted a 45 inch vert.
No idea

From their website

2013-14 (FRESHMAN): Saw action in 33 games as a freshman as UK's top defensive stalwart

HIGH SCHOOL: Averaged 20.4 points and 5.3 rebounds per game as a senior ... Was named the 2013 Kentucky Mr. Basketball and is the 17th player in UK history to claim the honor ... Also hauled in state Gatorade Player of the Year honors ... Directed Madison Central to the state championship and captured most valuable player honors after averaging 20.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.8 steals per game throughout the Kentucky Boys Sweet Sixteen ... Rated as the No. 44 point guard by 247 Sports ... Rivals and Scout rank him as a three-star player.

Dom Hawkins is a local kid who had a huge senior year and earned a scholly. Glue guy type of kid.

random: This might be the most talented Zags team, finally healthy senior Pangos, a new and improved Kyle Wiltjer, no more david stockton, byron wessley as a wing scorer they are set up for a deep run this year...

I'm not one to buy this but playing those creampuffs in the WCC always comes back to bite them come tournament time.

Last edited:
I'm not high or sold on Towns. Still think Mudiay and Okafar are better prospects.

Also, how was that UK NBA combine thing? They showing it again?

I'm not high or sold on Towns. Still think Mudiay and Okafar are better prospects.

Also, how was that UK NBA combine thing? They showing it again?
What aren't you sold on in Towns?

Only have seen highlights of the kid, seems pretty polished. That's what stood out most. I think he'll flourish in college. After college is a whole other discussion. When I read "Towns is their best pro prospect and it's not even close", I can't help but to be skeptical.

What aren't you sold on in Towns?

Only have seen highlights of the kid, seems pretty polished. That's what stood out most. I think he'll flourish in college. After college is a whole other discussion. When I read "Towns is their best pro prospect and it's not even close", I can't help but to be skeptical.
Towns is the truth, but his stats may suffer from reduced playing time since Cal is so committed to the platoon system....

Probably won't happen but Bragg,Brown,and Ingram considering a package deal....All 3 have UK,Kansas,and UCLA on their lists...Would be amazing for any of those schools to pull that off....

Towns is the truth, but his stats may suffer from reduced playing time since Cal is so committed to the platoon system....
He seems like the perfect fit for the college game though. Putting up stats under Cal in this era of UK basketball is never expected. I meant that he should flourish in college more so in terms of playing winning basketball and making the right choices.

I can't wait to see how Lee has developed

Last edited:
He seems like the perfect fit for the college game though. Putting up stats under Cal in this era of UK basketball is never expected. I meant that he should flourish in college more so in terms of playing winning basketball and making the right choices.

That's true and a good point about putting up stats,no UK player has averaged more than 20 in the Cal era,Brandon Knight is in the lead with 17.29

That's true and a good point about putting up stats,no UK player has averaged more than 20 in the Cal era,Brandon Knight is in the lead with 17.29

I dont really expect gaudy numbers from a stacked team, only low D1s with a great player average like 25 ppg

random: This might be the most talented Zags team, finally healthy senior Pangos, a new and improved Kyle Wiltjer, no more david stockton, byron wessley as a wing scorer they are set up for a deep run this year...

I'm not one to buy this but playing those creampuffs in the WCC always comes back to bite them come tournament time.
Wiltjer 
pimp.gif
 That video of him draining a ridiculous amount of 3s in like five minutes or something...
sick.gif
eek.gif

Bro, the front court talent in that game is going to be absolutely ridiculous...Lee, Towns, WCS, Lyles, Johnson, Ellis, Alexander, Traylor, Mickelson
Will definitely be an awesome game,besides Louisville that's the game i'm most looking forward to.......A lot of the UK blogs are making a big deal about Allen Fieldhouse not being filled to capacity last night
laugh.gif
Oh yeah, I am pumped man. Four weeks away, will be here before we know it!

Ha, not surprised at the UK blogs...KU blogs are always hating on Cal/UK (I try to stay off them as much as I can, they really just get annoying)...but here's a few reasons why AFH wasn't full...Royals playing in ALCS, no Wiggins hype, last year there was like 7K people that couldn't get in so I am sure that scared off a lot of people, and it was raining pretty bad all day which scared people driving into Lawrence from Topeka/Kansas City....plus, like I said, it's overrated. It's three hours and they wait until the last 45 minutes to do anything with the men's basketball team.

I'm not sure Wesley impacts the Zags as much as is hoped for. McClellan once eligible might be the bigger pickup.

I've coached against Towns the past summer and always thought he had a High IQ and passed the ball well.

The only knock I've seen with him would be that I've seen him get pushed around a bit by more physical players. I also think this is fixable for him, just some time in the weight room and playing against top tier talent on a daily basis...

I mean Towns is pretty obviously the best prospect its not close. WCS is #2.
Evan Daniels tweeted that a scout told him Towns was 1 and Lyles was 2....I'll admit I know very little about Lyles.I saw a limited amount of his high school stuff and between his injury and other factors he's not got much coverage at UK yet.

I've coached against Towns the past summer and always thought he had a High IQ and passed the ball well.

The only knock I've seen with him would be that I've seen him get pushed around a bit by more physical players. I also think this is fixable for him, just some time in the weight room and playing against top tier talent on a daily basis...
Do I hear Jersey in the house?

Evan Daniels tweeted that a scout told him Towns was 1 and Lyles was 2....I'll admit I know very little about Lyles.I saw a limited amount of his high school stuff and between his injury and other factors he's not got much coverage at UK yet.

I followed Trey Lyles pretty closely since he's with the national team, was very high on him early, though he was a top 5 guy, then injuries and weight issues took a toll on his athleticism, looks like he's finally healthy again.

Probably only an shade above average athlete, but his skill level is really high, excellent shooter, aggressive natural rebounder, reminds me of a little Carlos Boozer/David West type with more 3 point range.

He could leap above WCS, but he has to prove he's healthy.

Last edited:
Marcus Lee combine numbers. :smh:

Dude could have it all.

Poythress. :x

UK stay loaded man, they're going to bully teams all year.

Interested to see Jamal Freguson (Marquette transfer) this year at NCCU.

Might get season tickets

We had our backup PG Dajuan Graf transfer there this year too from FGCU. He's a nice player.
Speaking of which, anyone have anything on Elijah Long, PG from Canada? Commited to us tonight. Along with Rayjon Tucker, Joe Dooley off to a nice start in our 2015 class.

Back
Top Bottom