The College Basketball Post

F67B4376-B248-40BC-8E0E-B55040B29BDB.gif

Lmaoooo

Nah bruh honestly. I love Roy, Roy really a good dude. One of the goats for real he was a real gem. . All the disrespect he got from fans here was so damn stupid.

Knew the end was near for Roy when he was talking about giving back paychecks a year ago, because he couldn’t reach the players anymore. He sounded like Steve Spurrier at the end when he said - At 70, I can no longer reach these 18yr olds. And with that being said it’s time for me to go.

Yeah it will be an easy transition for UNC...Roy probably has lots of input in his successor.

Good decision by Beard to take the Texas job, the time was right. Counting his time as an assistant, he had been at Texas Tech for a long time so it was right for him to make a jump. Sure he could have waited and had his pick of any blue blood program in the country when a job opened up but he has pretty much coached in the state for his whole career. I don't think he'd have left unless it was for a Texas or Kansas. Football will always be king there but he should be able to at least put Texas on the level of a Michigan or Ohio State (under Thad Matta)

Definitely think it'll be Hubert Davis.

This has been my feeling as well, and prior today's announcement. I understand some of the hesitation, but I think this goes to Hubert for a lot of reasons

He put in his time, many times over - under Dean on the court, in the NBA, at the highest levels of sports media, and now at Roy's side for the better part of a decade

But another huge reason is that this is a very personal matter for Roy, and everything he does is with Coach Smith in mind. I can't see any way Dean, and Roy, wouldn't be endorsing Hubert for this. I hope it's him, and he deserves it

Back
Top Bottom