The College Basketball Post

Hopefully I don’t ever have to watch or hear commentators slurp up Reece Beekman for playing trash ball and fake defense ever again

Wonder how much time that fluke championship buys Bennett…Hopefully fans don’t have to deal with the UVA nastee ball past 2025

Bennett on the sidelines last night looked like somebody that knows they bout to have a long talk in the bosses office :lol:

Last edited:
I think a lot of ACC teams either met or exceeded expectations this year. UNC and Duke were expected to be at the top and that’s what happened. Duke slipped a bit because most had them as a top 5 team, but they’re still good. Most pundits knew this was going to be an inexperienced UVA squad for Bennett but they still fielded a competitive team. Pitt was a tournament team 100% imo, but for whatever reason wasn’t selected. 9 teams in the conference won 20 games or more. State making a run to the final and winning it shows how deep the league was, not how bad or down it was.

The only team that really didn’t live up to their expectations was Miami. I think the call is coming from inside the house Trey lol

When the likes of Kansas state and UCF who had a sub .500 conference records the majority of the year were upsetting teams like Kansas, Oklahoma, Baylor, and TTU it was flirting. But when GT got wins over Duke, UNC, and Clemson it’s harassment

My guess is he's likely to retire somewhat soon on his own terms
Yea I don’t think he gets fired but if they take another L like this again next year they gotta ask yo to “resign” or commit to changing the style of play/recruiting …Same thing that happened with Iowa football, they really are the same :lol:

I think a lot of ACC teams either met or exceeded expectations this year. UNC and Duke were expected to be at the top and that’s what happened. Duke slipped a bit because most had them as a top 5 team, but they’re still good. Most pundits knew this was going to be an inexperienced UVA squad for Bennett but they still fielded a competitive team. Pitt was a tournament team 100% imo, but for whatever reason wasn’t selected. 9 teams in the conference won 20 games or more. State making a run to the final and winning it shows how deep the league was, not how bad or down it was.

The only team that really didn’t live up to their expectations was Miami. I think the call is coming from inside the house Trey lol

For the ACC to be strong, it needs more than just UNC and Duke being good. As we’ve discussed, UVa was atrocious. Miami had a terrible year. Other strong programs like Notre Dame, FSU, Syracuse, and Wake Forest weren’t relevant.

When the likes of Kansas state and UCF who had a sub .500 conference records the majority of the year were upsetting teams like Kansas, Oklahoma, Baylor, and TTU it was flirting. But when GT got wins over Duke, UNC, and Clemson it’s harassment
This why alotta folks don’t like the preseason rankings and predictions…Sets a narrative for teams before they even play, GT was supposed to be bottom barrel so its treated worse to lose to them than a UCF who most predicted will be average or just below average

ACC was super top heavy this year tho, everything outside of the top spots was worse than usual

While we're on this topic.. Providence just lost at home to the 11th best team in the ACC

Pitt was a tournament team 100% imo, but for whatever reason wasn’t selected. 9 teams in the conference won 20 games or more.

Guess they should’ve scheduled a better non-conference huh.

A home loss to Missouri (0-18 in the SEC) is nasty work. Really challenged themselves with Oregon State (last in the Pac 12) and West Virginia (last in the Big 12) too.

UVA showed last night they had no business in the tournament either.

Talking about other conferences puffing up pre-season numbers with cupcakes but then referencing 20 win teams that went 9-11 and 8-12 in conference…

For the ACC to be strong, it needs more than just UNC and Duke being good. As we’ve discussed, UVa was atrocious. Miami had a terrible year. Other strong programs like Notre Dame, FSU, Syracuse, and Wake Forest weren’t relevant.

Wake was set to make the tournament before taking losses against ND and GT tbh. ND wasn’t gonna sniff the tournament with first year HC Micah Shrewsberry, this was the start of their rebuild. Same with Cuse and Autrey, especially after taking over for Boeheim. But cuse punched way above their weight considering they finished T-5th and above .500 in conference play when they were picked to be 10th and below .500

IMG_2150.jpeg

Guess they should’ve scheduled a better non-conference huh.

A home loss to Missouri (0-18 in the SEC) is nasty work. Really challenged themselves with Oregon State (last in the Pac 12) and West Virginia (last in the Big 12) too.

UVA showed last night they had no business in the tournament either.

Talking about other conferences puffing up pre-season numbers with cupcakes but then referencing 20 win teams that went 9-11 and 8-12 in conference…

You can cherry pick wins and losses, but the ACC went 9-3 against the big 12 this year.

Only two of the teams I referenced that won 20 or more games, had a sub .500 conference record in the ACC :lol:

But, now that you mention it, the ACC had 7 teams have a + .500 record in conference while having 20 or more total wins, while the big 12 had 6. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t even like UVA, I ****ing despise that school. Lmfao

I think conference pride is irrelevant and a joke. I base what I believe on individual teams not conference affiliation. I knew CSU would beat UVA because they are the better and more complete team based on the games I watched of theirs and UVA. Does that say anything about the ACC? Maybe yes or maybe no but the elite teams are elite and the mid teams are mid.

I think conference pride is irrelevant and a joke. I base what I believe on individual teams not conference affiliation. I knew CSU would beat UVA because they are the better and more complete team based on the games I watched of theirs and UVA. Does that say anything about the ACC? Maybe yes or maybe no but the elite teams are elite and the mid teams are mid.

100%. I want the majority of the teams to lose in the ACC anyway. Root for Duke, State, and UVA? **** no!

But the narrative surrounding the conference as a whole has been stupid when there’s been representation in the F4 and championship this decade

Back
Top Bottom